REPORT: Sweat’s reported distaste for the Bears could complicate an extension.

CTA_employee9

Liked Posts:
except with the franchise tag weapon for the next two years, he will not truly be hitting the FA market really. so i dont really care that much as to how far along extension talks got pre trade.
A deal has to get done for this trade to make sense. If they have to resort to the franchise tag for him that is a failure in negotiation and foresight by poles. Especially because that would disallow a transition tag to be used for JJ.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
myyyyy what times are these when honest answers are viewed as strange! lol
Yes, because business negotiations are not the same as date night with the girls lol

Be honest, how many times have you heard/read something similar in a similar football situation?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A deal has to get done for this trade to make sense. If they have to resort to the franchise tag for him that is a failure in negotiation and foresight by poles. Especially because that would disallow a transition tag to be used for JJ.
news flash....poles dont give a crap about JJ

and the franchise tag wouldnt make this a failure. it makes him a bear for 2.5 years minimum

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, because business negotiations are not the same as date night with the girls lol

Be honest, how many times have you heard/read something similar in a similar football situation?
i dont get your analogy...i guess i havent had a girls night in a good bit lol

and youre asking me when the last time an athlete said he needed to take everything into consideration regarding a potential contract extension?? i think that answers itself...all the time

msadows

Liked Posts:
news flash....poles dont give a crap about JJ

and the franchise tag wouldnt make this a failure. it makes him a bear for 2.5 years minimum

Wouldn't say that...Just based on JJ's interview on espn 1000 today he thinks he's the best corner in the league. That would make you think hes asking to set the corner market.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They weren't when they traded for Claypool so I'm sure he had no indication.
Claypool was way different, that was a a high risk trade based off the character of the player. This is high risk because sweat isn’t inclined to sign anything.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Man, I really can't stand the click bait articles man. If you are trying to be a writer do it professionally not like TMZ. You might be getting clicks now but eventually folks are gonna just ignore you. I defended the heck outta ya at first but now, your just part of the internet BS clickers. You have talent, use it to try and be better.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

guess what, read Courtney Cronin's long quote of Poles, he's still got a man boner for Flus, so if the past 3 years of shitty Bears teams wasn't enough, just feel reassured that we've only just begun, they're going to run this show back, the only real question is if Getsy and Fields get thrown overboard.....or maybe if they prematurely announce Dave McGinnis as coach once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownie

Liked Posts:

guess what, read Courtney Cronin's long quote of Poles, he's still got a man boner for Flus, so if the past 3 years of Covid bullshit and shitty Bears teams wasn't enough, just feel reassured that we've only just begun, they're going to run this show back, the only real question is if Getsy and Fields get thrown overboard.....or maybe if they prematurely announce Dave McGinnis as coach once again.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
i dont get your analogy...i guess i havent had a girls night in a good bit lol

and youre asking me when the last time an athlete said he needed to take everything into consideration regarding a potential contract extension?? i think that answers itself...all the time
You can tell who didn't actually watch the press conference. Sweats answer about the contract was more in context of I walked in the door like 10 minutes ago, haven't met my teammates, don't even know where I'm sleeping tonight. I'll think about the contract after getting settled in.

He also said everyone playing this game wants security. Meaning give him guaranteed money and he'll be happy.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You can tell who didn't actually watch the press conference. Sweats answer about the contract was more in context of I walked in the door like 10 minutes ago, haven't met my teammates, don't even know where I'm sleeping tonight. I'll think about the contract after getting settled in.

He also said everyone playing this game wants security. Meaning give him guaranteed money and he'll be happy.
Exactly. Like, let the man take his first shit as a Chicago bear before making him decide on his next 4-6 years

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
For one, Claypool was cheap and not about to become a costly FA. These are things taken into consideration of all trades. If you want to believe there's a huge difference between the 1st pick of the 2nd round and 2nd or 3rd, go ahead and be that dork.
No dorkness intended.

There’s not a “huge” difference just like the Sweat’s trade couldn’t be “much worse”.

Claypool was essentially a 1st round pick for 5 starts 19 receptions 190 yards 1 TD.

Sweats could leave at the end of the year and still not be much worse than the Claypool trade.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why on earth would I put myself through that?!
I'm saying Sweat lol.

Your new head coach (who's also your DC for undisclosed reasons) says “its not a good day for the Bears” on your first day in the office because he fired a coach.

Then says “our culture is awesome!”