REST OF THE SEASON DUMPSTER FIRE IGT! POST IT ALL HERE FOLKS!!!!!!!!! ****** Woo!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he had taken the run off and the Puke missed that play and punted everyone would be bitching "he shouldnt have taken the run off. He is a pusssy playing for OT"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe, but it was the proper call to make. You make it, you win...and with the Packers out of TOs, if you come up short..you run down the clock then kick the FG.

No such thing as perfect call. You could go either way in that situation. In fact the standard logic in the NFL is you play for the tie at home and the win on the road.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except Packers were deep in their territory and it wad 3rd and 11. Entirely fair to hope for a stop and see if you get good field position after a punt.

Not ever decision is either or. There was a logical reason to take the 10 second run off and there was a logical reason not too. Just because he made the decision you would not have doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

And if he had taken the wrong off and Rodgers threw incomplete a lot of you guys would be crying about why he took the run off instead of saving time on the clock.

I agreed with not taking it with two time outs at 3rd and 11. You should expect your profession football defense to get that stop and get the ball back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No such thing as perfect call. You could go either way in that situation. In fact the standard logic in the NFL is you play for the tie at home and the win on the road.

Where exactly is the word "perfect" in my post?

Running the ball there would've been the "proper" call...if you don't get the TD...you run down the clock and tie it with the FG. With Green Bay unable to stop the clock, the game was in the Bear's hands.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where exactly is the word "perfect" in my post?

Running the ball there would've been the "proper" call...if you don't get the TD...you run down the clock and tie it with the FG. With Green Bay unable to stop the clock, the game was in the Bear's hands.

I meant proper. The chances of you scoring on a run is less than a pass. There is no proper call. Either option is defensible which is the point.

You guys like to act like every decision is either right or wrong.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go for it on 4 down

Bronko

Liked Posts:
LeBlanc gives up two big pass plays and Fox can't figure out how to manage the clock or how to feed Howard the ball while he's hot, then the Bears D can't stop the run OR the big play. Lots of folks helped give this game away.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
To all you guys on here who keep on being happy because we lost and kept a good draft position. Lets see how that all works when we are trying to sign top end free agents this offseason..What great player would want to come to a 3-13 team? Not any would be my guess unless we completely overspend for one. If I am Eric Berry as an example-I would not go to the Bears under any circumstances-some other team that is a contender or close to a contender will pay me handsomely.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You want to fire the HC for a poor defensive call. Thats idiotic.

Many like Fangio as DC (understandably), and many want Fangio as HC. So blaming Fox for Fangio's error just to protect "their guy" is stupid.

HC is ultimately accountable. To think he didn't have a say in the play calls during the last 2 minutes of the game is idiotic. Fox has continually shown he cannot manage the clock. There never should have been a pass play called when it was first and goal. Pound the rock with Howard. Don't throw an incomplete pass that stops the clock. take the 10 second run off. Play for the hail mary on the final play before the field goal. This is all directly attributed to Fox. End of Story. Fire that moron.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To all you guys on here who keep on being happy because we lost and kept a good draft position. Lets see how that all works when we are trying to sign top end free agents this offseason..What great player would want to come to a 3-13 team? Not any would be my guess unless we completely overspend for one. If I am Eric Berry as an example-I would not go to the Bears under any circumstances-some other team that is a contender or close to a contender will pay me handsomely.

Lol how did the Raiders sign FA or Jacksonville? Or why did Sitton sign with us?

We have a fuck ton of cap room and players aren't dumb like fans who only look at win loss record.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

Well, let's hope that. If time free agents are smarter than you are. Yes they are 3-11, but they just took two playoff teams down to the wire with a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers and practice squad guys. They are now one of the youngest teams in the NFL and are heading the right direction (I think). I'm thinking this would be a pretty good destination all things considered.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, are people really up in here bitching about this game?

Oh wait, people are still looking at the record and counting W's? lmao, thats Special person. This year became an extended 2017 preseason like 8 games ago. Yeah, it would have been real fun to win against the packers, but thats not the focus anymore. Now its about player development and team building. The focus is on individuals and the team both showing progress. And in that regard, I don't know how you come away from this game pissed off.

This was the first game all year where the Bears looked close to a legit NFL team imo. Lots of good play on both individual and team level. The fuckups were mostly all smallish things that can get cleaned up with experience. Lots of adversity but the team responded on D and O both. Signs of growth all around imo.

If people are pissed about this game, there was something wrong with your expectations going in.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You think the bears are tanking? Like they are somehow choosing to lose? You think fans would rather lose than go 19-0? What the fuck is this?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Lol how did the Raiders sign FA or Jacksonville? Or why did Sitton sign with us?

We have a fuck ton of cap room and players aren't dumb like fans who only look at win loss record.

Seriously, at least do some basic research to see the long list of guys who sign with shitty teams each year. The quality of a team typically only matters for vets looking to win a SB after making a ton of cash. We may need to overpay by a little bit, but we will get top FA if we want then.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How the fuck did JAX lose? They suck balls.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, are people really up in here bitching about this game?

Oh wait, people are still looking at the record and counting W's? lmao, thats Special person. This year became an extended 2017 preseason like 8 games ago. Yeah, it would have been real fun to win against the packers, but thats not the focus anymore. Now its about player development and team building. The focus is on individuals and the team both showing progress. And in that regard, I don't know how you come away from this game pissed off.

This was the first game all year where the Bears looked close to a legit NFL team imo. Lots of good play on both individual and team level. The fuckups were mostly all smallish things that can get cleaned up with experience. Lots of adversity but the team responded on D and O both. Signs of growth all around imo.

If people are pissed about this game, there was something wrong with your expectations going in.

Not if your expectations were ending the Packers playoff chances.

Look, in the end I'm happy with the game. Bears played hard and made it interesting but lose and keep their draft position. But beating the Packers would have been sweet and if Fox wasn't such a conservative, play to lose coward, Bears would have won this game. That's why me and others are pissed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not if your expectations were ending the Packers playoff chances.

Look, in the end I'm happy with the game. Bears played hard and made it interesting but lose and keep their draft position. But beating the Packers would have been sweet and if Fox wasn't such a conservative, play to lose coward, Bears would have won this game. That's why me and others are pissed.

Funny, I thought bears lost because they were -3 on turnovers and gave up a 50 yard pass with 40 seconds left when the opponent had no timeouts.

Seems kind of stupid to blame the whole game on that FG that tied the game and erased a 17 point deficit.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny, I thought bears lost because they were -3 on turnovers and gave up a 50 yard pass with 40 seconds left when the opponent had no timeouts.

If you watched the game you would have known the game was over the moment Fox settled for a FG at the end. Maybe you only watch the Red Zone Channel?