Rookie QB's and interceptions

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I wonder whose stat holds three 3 interception games and eight 2 interception games their rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/peyton-manning-mannipe01/gamelogs/1998

I wonder who threw 3 interceptions in the 12th start of his rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/carson-wentz-wentzca02/gamelogs/2016

I can still remember Mora screaming at Peyton manning after multiple pick 6's.....you weak ass weasels would have been on message boards clamoring to draft a new one.
TRUTH

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The world is not going to stop because he threw three interceptions however, it wasn't exciting to see him throw three, it always puts doubt in the back of your mind.

I'm watching Cleveland right now and they are a good defense. This will be a good test to see how Trebisky bounces back.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
the shoopster doesn't begrudge The Frisky One any of interceptions. In fact he wouldn't mind seeing a few more. That would mean he's throwing the football, not executing a game manager's wet dream as he had been prior to the Bengals game. He isn't going to learn without trial and error, which is why Fox's need to reign the offense in to try to stay competitive and win games to save his job is in direct conflict with the needs of the franchise to develop the future quarterback sooner rather than later.

What would be nice to see to go along with any interceptions are WOW plays worthy of a #2 pick. There have been far too few of those. Garbage time drives don't count.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care if the kid makes mistakes as long as he's learning from them. Its all you can ask for from a rookie quarterback with such little game experience.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I thought Trubisky played well last night. Yes, he made the interceptions but to me he looked comfortable out there. Those mistakes were good for him to make. I actually thought Trubisky showed a lot of progress yesterday with some of his throws. His coaching staff is completely garbage and lacks balls.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Trubisky played well last night. Yes, he made the interceptions but to me he looked comfortable out there. Those mistakes were good for him to make. I actually thought Trubisky showed a lot of progress yesterday with some of his throws. His coaching staff is completely garbage and lacks balls.

I saw a player that lost his composure and was pushing the ball into questionable spots. The end zone interception in particular was not like him at all.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Looks like Trubisky is better than rusty-Rodgers, who has better receivers.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
The biggest thing that I don't see is that clutch gene.... or that "it" factor - the ability to elevate the entire team to play above themselves and win games that they should not win.

Despite turnovers and the learning curve, the great ones showed the "it" factor early in their careers.

I am not giving up on Trubs but I just have to be fair about what I am seeing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder whose stat holds three 3 interception games and eight 2 interception games their rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/peyton-manning-mannipe01/gamelogs/1998

I wonder who threw 3 interceptions in the 12th start of his rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/carson-wentz-wentzca02/gamelogs/2016

I can still remember Mora screaming at Peyton manning after multiple pick 6's.....you weak ass weasels would have been on message boards clamoring to draft a new one.
Mitch actually needed some of this to learn what not to do. He's been a bit over protected. He seems like someone that won't get ruined by adversity so they should just let him continue to go downfield the rest of this year. Unfortunately, our catchers and OL are just making this more difficult and not conducive to that sort of scheme.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I saw a player that lost his composure and was pushing the ball into questionable spots. The end zone interception in particular was not like him at all.

He didn't see the underneath man. He thought it was 1v1.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest thing that I don't see is that clutch gene.... or that "it" factor - the ability to elevate the entire team to play above themselves and win games that they should not win.

Despite turnovers and the learning curve, the great ones showed the "it" factor early in their careers.

I am not giving up on Trubs but I just have to be fair about what I am seeing.

For the love of.... the guy has played in 10 fucking games and you don’t se an “it” factor? Well no shit Sherlock. The team is awful and the coaching worse. Tell me more of this “it” factor and the names of the QBs that showed it early.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
For the love of.... the guy has played in 10 fucking games and you don’t se an “it” factor? Well no shit Sherlock. The team is awful and the coaching worse. Tell me more of this “it” factor and the names of the QBs that showed it early.

Hey clown.... that "it" factor generally shows up right away. Take your fanboy glasses off and go educate yourself on the subject before you speak to me. All the great ones.... ALL OF THEM... despite turnovers and despite stuggles... had that innate intangible..... the "it" factor.... and it showed itself EARLY.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Hey clown.... that "it" factor shows up right away. Take your fanboy glasses off and go educate yourself on the subject before you speak to me. All the great ones.... ALL OF THEM... despite turnovers and despite stuggles... had that innate intangible.... the "it" factor.... and it showed itself EARLY.

Lol

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t know, that 10-minutes scramble and run around for a first down on 4th and 12 on the game tying drive the missed field goal game looked pretty “it” to me.

The jumping throw on a tough down to set up a game winning field goal in another game looked pretty “it” to me.

Listen, I don’t know if he’s going to be great. I’ve already seen enough to know he’ll at least be average, although I’ll be ticked if that’s all he is. But I’m willing to give him time.

But I’m absolutely seeing flashes. Not sure how others aren’t. He needs to play better. And he needs to be more accurate. But the tools are there, and he appears to have a good work ethic and a great attitude. I’m happy with what the Bears have, at this point at least.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning.... despite turning the ball over and making mistakes.... was looking beastly early in his career.... EVERYONE could see that

John Elway.... the same

Tom Brady.... when he got his shot.... was killing it

Aaron Rogers.... when he got his shot.... despite the occasional rocky game.... was killing it

DESPITE TURNOVERS you could see that these guys had "it" and they showed it early. I could go on and on for all the great QB's.

In other words, these guys left NO DOUBT. You knew they were going to be good and they did not need a fan base to make excuses for them.

I am not seeing that out of Trubs right now. There is still time for him but he has to start showing "it".

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning.... despite turning the ball over and making mistakes.... was looking beastly early in his career.... EVERYONE could see that

John Elway.... the same

Aaron Rogers.... when he got his shot.... despite the occasional rocky game.... was killing it

DESPITE TURNOVERS you could see that these guys had "it" and they showed it early. I could go on and on for all the great QB's.

In other words, these guys left NO DOUBT. You knew they were going to be good and they did not need a fan base to make excuses for them.

I am not seeing that out of Trubs right now. There is still time for him but he has to start showing "it".

You just named QBs that have already established themselves as HOFers and said they had the "it" factor.

In other news, fire totally has that hot thing going for it and ice has the cold thing down pat.

What are your thoughts on Joe Montana? Think he had the "it" factor? I hear the jury is still out.

Glad you're here breaking it down for us.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

John Elway.... the same

Would it matter if MT had a legitimate #1 WR to help with that "it" factor?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love Mitchell Trubisky and glad we got a QB but DeShaun Watson was everything you could want in a QB and he wouldn't cost us any picks.