HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey clown.... that "it" factor generally shows up right away. Take your fanboy glasses off and go educate yourself on the subject before you speak to me. All the great ones.... ALL OF THEM... despite turnovers and despite stuggles... had that innate intangible..... the "it" factor.... and it showed itself EARLY.

So many words to say nothing.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love Mitchell Trubisky and glad we got a QB but DeShaun Watson was everything you could want in a QB and he wouldn't cost us any picks.

TWO

FUCKED

KNEES

izcOK4m.gif

This fan base would be calling for Pace's head on a silver platter for drafting a quarterback with an injury history that ended up being injured again. All of whom would be pointing to the Kevin White pick.

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
I don’t like comparing q.b like this Jay cutler showed flashes his rookie year too just saying anyone remember the 71 yard pass to Marshall

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I love Mitchell Trubisky and glad we got a QB but DeShaun Watson was everything you could want in a QB and he wouldn't cost us any picks.

He also wouldn't be playing right now either, with his future play level in doubt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TWO

FUCKED

KNEES

izcOK4m.gif

This fan base would be calling for Pace's head on a silver platter for drafting a quarterback with an injury history that ended up being injured again. All of whom would be pointing to the Kevin White pick.

No this is a faulty argument. People hate the White pick because he is injured and looked like shit even when he played. At no point has White looked like he belonged in the NFL.

Watson played like an MVP candidate then got hurt which is obviously different.

Just like Floyd has been banged up but no one goes crazy like with White because he has looked good despite the injuries.

At any rate, we don't know what Trubs will become so might as well wait and see how he develops.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No this is a faulty argument. People hate the White pick because he is injured and looked like shit even when he played. At no point has White looked like he belonged in the NFL.

Watson played like an MVP candidate then got hurt which is obviously different.

Just like Floyd has been banged up but no one goes crazy like with White because he has looked good despite the injuries.

At any rate, we don't know what Trubs will become so might as well wait and see how he develops.

No, my argument is purely about injured players period. The salt in the wound that White has become would have been brought right up by everyone along with having an injured Watson with two fucked knees. So its all about taking a risk on a player with an injury history after having horrible luck with a high first round draft pick that has been perpetually injured. It would be like a new Pace narrative about drafting injury prone first round picks.

You're fucking nuts for even trying to draw a parallel between Floyd's and White's injuries or injury histories for that matter. They aren't even comparable. However I suppose you could say he would be "another one" added to his injured player narrative. Thanks for making my case for me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, my argument is purely about injured players period. The salt in the wound that White has become would have been brought right up by everyone along with having an injured Watson with two fucked knees. So its all about taking a risk on a player with an injury history after having horrible luck with a high first round draft pick that has been perpetually injured. It would be like a new Pace narrative about drafting injury prone first round picks.

You're fucking nuts for even trying to draw a parallel between Floyd's and White's injuries or injury histories for that matter. They aren't even comparable. However I suppose you could say he would be "another one" added to his injured player narrative. Thanks for making my case for me.

Except Watson threw 19 TDs so any concern about the injury history would be tempered by him playing a potential MVP.

And I am not comparing White and Floyd. I am saying no one shits on Floyd like they do White because Floyd has played well. Just like no one would shit on Watson as much as White because again Watson has played like a stud.

The flaw here is in ignoring the fact the risk appears justified in Watson's case because the talent is real.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except Watson threw 19 TDs so any concern about the injury history would be tempered by him playing a potential MVP.

And I am not comparing White and Floyd. I am saying no one shits on Floyd like they do White because Floyd has played well. Just like no one would shit on Watson as much as White because again Watson has played like a stud.

The flaw here is in ignoring the fact the risk appears justified in Watson's case because the talent is real.

And your flaw is in ignoring the fact Watson's success wasn't guaranteed with Chicago's cast. Neither was the knee injury but which is more likely?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I wonder whose stat holds three 3 interception games and eight 2 interception games their rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/peyton-manning-mannipe01/gamelogs/1998

I wonder who threw 3 interceptions in the 12th start of his rookie year?

http://www.footballdb.com/players/carson-wentz-wentzca02/gamelogs/2016

I can still remember Mora screaming at Peyton manning after multiple pick 6's.....you weak ass weasels would have been on message boards clamoring to draft a new one.

Manning loves to talk about his NFL record for INTs in a single season while catching the light of his two rings.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Throwing 3 picks stinks, but if he learns from them, that's all that matters.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A couple things here, Watson Injured... bad knees, that will be a problem going forward. Had one of the top WRs in Hopkins (and Fuller) in the league. Picture Houston and the Bears swapping receivers from the beginning of the season. Who knows how that would play out but I'd guess Watson wouldn't have the #s he did throwing to Hopkins and Fuller.

South of Antonio Brown, no wideout in the NFL is more deserving of an All-Pro bid than Hopkins.

Reminder: He's doing this with Savage as his quarterback, not Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger. Tom Savage. A quarterback that sails one out of every six targets to Hopkins about 14 yards out of bounds.
Hopkins' production has not waned since wunderkind Deshaun Watson went down with a season-ending injury.
Hopkins by starting QB this season:
Watson: 6 starts, 10.0 targets per game, 6.3 receptions per game, 91.8 yards per game, 6 TDs
Savage: 5 starts, 13.0 targets per game, 6.2 receptions per game, 90.6 yards per game, 3 TDs

"I'll keep saying it week-in and week-out: he's the best receiver in the league and yeah, it's a blessing to have a guy like that out there," Savage said.
It's a blessing for Savage and NFL fans. If it weren't for Hopkins, the Texans' offense would truly be unwatchable.

article

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I don’t know, that 10-minutes scramble and run around for a first down on 4th and 12 on the game tying drive the missed field goal game looked pretty “it” to me.

The jumping throw on a tough down to set up a game winning field goal in another game looked pretty “it” to me.

Listen, I don’t know if he’s going to be great. I’ve already seen enough to know he’ll at least be average, although I’ll be ticked if that’s all he is. But I’m willing to give him time.

But I’m absolutely seeing flashes. Not sure how others aren’t. He needs to play better. And he needs to be more accurate. But the tools are there, and he appears to have a good work ethic and a great attitude. I’m happy with what the Bears have, at this point at least.

This ^

He has definitely shown flashes. I am so excited to see what he can do once we put a professional offensive coaching staff around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RochBear

Liked Posts:
He didn't see the underneath man. He thought it was 1v1.
Looked like that to me too. On replay I thought I saw a cluster of bodies between MT and the WR which helped hide the stationary safety. Seems a rookie mistake and a learning experience. Accuracy issues would worry me more than mis-reads. Mis-reads are a given with an inexperienced QB.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You just named QBs that have already established themselves as HOFers and said they had the "it" factor.

In other news, fire totally has that hot thing going for it and ice has the cold thing down pat.

What are your thoughts on Joe Montana? Think he had the "it" factor? I hear the jury is still out.

Glad you're here breaking it down for us.

I understand what Jawbreaker is saying. You know you’re going to see inconsistencies with any rookie QB but you want to see flashes of greatness and you could argue no one has seen it since Mitch’s first preseason action where he was throwing dimes left and right and you wondered if he was ever going to throw an incomplete pass.

There has not been the flash or wow plays or stretches of greatness you see with all the great players early on. You saw flashes of greatness with Deshaun Watson. Still waiting to see that out of Mitch.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I understand what Jawbreaker is saying. You know you’re going to see inconsistencies with any rookie QB but you want to see flashes of greatness and you could argue no one has seen it since Mitch’s first preseason action where he was throwing dimes left and right and you wondered if he was ever going to throw an incomplete pass.

There has not been the flash or wow plays or stretches of greatness you see with all the great players early on. You saw flashes of greatness with Deshaun Watson. Still waiting to see that out of Mitch.
Oh right. Nevermind the fact that coaches, commentators, media, former players, Scouts, and other people currently or formerly employed by the NFL have noted developmental if underappreciated wow moments.

Because some jackass on the CCS Forum says he hasn't seen it yet, it must be true. /s

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk