Rookie QB's and interceptions

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh right. Nevermind the fact that coaches, commentators, media, former players, Scouts, and other people currently or formerly employed by the NFL have noted developmental if underappreciated wow moments.

Because some jackass on the CCS Forum says he hasn't seen it yet, it must be true. /s

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

First of all bitch, I was higher on Jimmy G than any NFL talent evaluator out there. As you can see, he has single handily turned around that franchise. This CCS poster’s evaluation on that specific player at the most important position in all of sports was better than 99.9% of any scout. You can try to talk shit but all you would be doing is hating because it’s the truth.

To be clear, are you convinced from what you have seen that Mitch is the goods? If not, your point is worthless.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol. People here are so fucking stupid.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait, are you the smart one?

Says the guy crowning the 4th year pro after 3 games with the 49ers and comparing said 4th year pro to a rookie. Yeah. Pretty sure sevvy isn't wrong. He's thrown 2 touchdowns in 3 games. Is that the fabled IT factor I'm supposed to be looking for?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Says the guy crowning the 4th year pro after 3 games with the 49ers and comparing said 4th year pro to a rookie. Yeah. Pretty sure sevvy isn't wrong. He's thrown 2 touchdowns in 3 games. Is that the fabled IT factor I'm supposed to be looking for?

A) I didn’t compare him to Mitch.

B) Jimmy as displayed glimpses of greatness every opportunity he’s had a chance to get on the field. He’s a fucking stud. Deal with it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A) I didn’t compare him to Mitch.

B) Jimmy as displayed glimpses of greatness every opportunity he’s had a chance to get on the field. He’s a fucking stud. Deal with it.

You called it that JG has talent. No one is taking that away from you. He hasn't proven to be a franchise quarterback yet chief. Dial it down a notch man. You're only setting yourself up for some hellacious crow if he ends up bombing out.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The "It" factor is such bullshit. It's what ppl use to justify their argument because they got nothing else. Might as well say the "force" isn't strong in young Jedi Trubisky for all the fucking "It" factor means.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The throw he made to Wright in OT at Baltimore had some “it” factor. How about picking up a near impossible 4th and 13 with his legs and following up with a perfect strike to Inman which should have sent the game to OT?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A couple things here, Watson Injured... bad knees, that will be a problem going forward. Had one of the top WRs in Hopkins (and Fuller) in the league. Picture Houston and the Bears swapping receivers from the beginning of the season. Who knows how that would play out but I'd guess Watson wouldn't have the #s he did throwing to Hopkins and Fuller.

South of Antonio Brown, no wideout in the NFL is more deserving of an All-Pro bid than Hopkins.

Reminder: He's doing this with Savage as his quarterback, not Matt Ryan or Ben Roethlisberger. Tom Savage. A quarterback that sails one out of every six targets to Hopkins about 14 yards out of bounds.
Hopkins' production has not waned since wunderkind Deshaun Watson went down with a season-ending injury.
Hopkins by starting QB this season:
Watson: 6 starts, 10.0 targets per game, 6.3 receptions per game, 91.8 yards per game, 6 TDs
Savage: 5 starts, 13.0 targets per game, 6.2 receptions per game, 90.6 yards per game, 3 TDs

"I'll keep saying it week-in and week-out: he's the best receiver in the league and yeah, it's a blessing to have a guy like that out there," Savage said.
It's a blessing for Savage and NFL fans. If it weren't for Hopkins, the Texans' offense would truly be unwatchable.

article

Yep!

Comparing train wreck Deshone Kizer to MVP Deshaun Watson up to NOV 16...

Accuracy Percentage

DOyk_VuXcAEiW00

Interceptable Pass Rate

DOyl7ivW0AUXaQ3

Offensive scheme/Play calling

DOynVPvXkAAXFdG

Supporting cast

DOyouihW0AAslIE

Yards gained on misdirection and yards after catch

DOyrueYXUAAA8LO

Moral of the story: Situation matters.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The "It" factor, not to be confused with "da fire and da passion" that we need in a head coach.

The only "It" that I recognize...

Nlvt2L8.gif

But I digress. Jimmy G has looked good. Jury is still out on him, though. And ultimately, I don't give a fuck, because he'll never be a Chicago Bear. Same goes with Watson. Now, if you want to be one of these whiny fucks that cries about Jimmy G or Watson every time Trubisky doesn't look like a Hall of Famer, then you are useless. And chances are, every time you make a whiny fuck post like "WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED/TRADED FOR SOMEONE ELSE" whenever the kid makes a mistake, the people here that are able to think objectively, think you're a fucking tool, and pretty much dismiss all your crytit fucking opinions going forward. Just to let you know. Non-idiots don't take you seriously.

Mitchell Trubisky is the QB of the Chicago Bears for at least the next few years. You should come to terms with that. If you're not excited for the offseason to see what Pace has in store for us, that's on you. But I'm excited about the search for a new coaching staff. I'm excited to see who he'll draft/sign/trade for. I think the offense is going to look vastly different than it has this year. And obviously, that is a great thing.

Next year is when Trubisky will really start to come into his own imo. But there are still going to be growing pains, he's still going to have a lot to learn. So look for the brigade of shitbirds crying that we didn't draft Deshaun Watson to return with a vengeance next season. Oh, boy.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not picking on anyone in particular, but some of this is getting ridiculous.

"I wanted Watson!"---whiny people

"Kizer is 'coming into his own' (61 QB rating) while Trubisky is 'struggling big time' (77 QB rating)" ---heard this several times nationally

Bears move up to get Trubisky without giving up a First and it's a "major reach", while the Chiefs give up a First and more to get---wait for it---Pat fucking Mahomes, and Andy Reid is admired for "getting his guy"

Maybe Trubisky will suck balls. Maybe he'll be very good. But this capitalizing on some struggles to play hindsight 20/fucking/20 is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

The national media already hates the Bears and will do anything to make any of their decisions look like dogshit. Don't feed into that. You don't have to like the Trubisky pick if you don't want to. And it's O.K. to demand more from our young quarterback. But I wouldn't pull out the freak-out-o-meter until we've got some good coaches in here and Trubs starts regressing anyway.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

"Kizer is 'coming into his own' (61 QB rating) while Trubisky is 'struggling big time' (77 QB rating)" ---heard this several times nationally

Bears move up to get Trubisky without giving up a First and it's a "major reach", while the Chiefs give up a First and more to get---wait for it---Pat fucking Mahomes, and Andy Reid is admired for "getting his guy"

Maybe Trubisky will suck balls. Maybe he'll be very good. But this capitalizing on some struggles to play hindsight 20/fucking/20 is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

The national media already hates the Bears and will do anything to make any of their decisions look like dogshit. Don't feed into that. You don't have to like the Trubisky pick if you don't want to. And it's O.K. to demand more from our young quarterback. But I wouldn't pull out the freak-out-o-meter until we've got some good coaches in here and Trubs starts regressing anyway.

And Reid was trying to move up to #5 and draft Trubisky.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

the national media has always hated the Bears...I can remember my dad (who grew up in the 1930s listening to the Bears on the radio from Omaha Nebraska) complaining that Howard Cosell hated the Bears and would turn the sound down on MNF because Cosell would always pepper his spewage w backhanded compliments and outright insults but of course anything NYC or East Coast was amazing.

anyway Kizer isn't a pimple on Trubisky's butt and when Trubisky gets a Hopkins a Fuller and 10 seconds to throw let me know.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
First of all bitch, I was higher on Jimmy G than any NFL talent evaluator out there. As you can see, he has single handily turned around that franchise. This CCS poster’s evaluation on that specific player at the most important position in all of sports was better than 99.9% of any scout. You can try to talk shit but all you would be doing is hating because it’s the truth.

To be clear, are you convinced from what you have seen that Mitch is the goods? If not, your point is worthless.
Looks like I hit a nerve. And confirmed you do think you're better than the NFL professionals.

Good to know. And sorry, I don't argue with the mentally infirm and Ill.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hey clown.... that "it" factor generally shows up right away. Take your fanboy glasses off and go educate yourself on the subject before you speak to me. All the great ones.... ALL OF THEM... despite turnovers and despite stuggles... had that innate intangible..... the "it" factor.... and it showed itself EARLY.

The "it" factor also shows up in CCS posters pretty early.... You can tell early on will this person contribute and make traffic thrive.... You sir have given no such indication that you will join the CCS greats. I'd suggest you post a bit in the Fire forum before posting here again. This is the Bearz forum son.... The big leagues.... The pros. You're not ready child.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "it" factor also shows up in CCS posters pretty early.... You can tell early on will this person contribute and make traffic thrive.... You sir have given no such indication that you will join the CCS greats. I'd suggest you post a bit in the Fire forum before posting here again. This is the Bearz forum son.... The big leagues.... The pros. You're not ready child.

Yep, confirmed.:notready:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reminds me of folks saying that Chicago wouldn't recognize a Qb if they had one. Prophetic.

Kid had a couple bad throws and one awful read. It counts and overall not a good game but you see he's getting better in what's left of a pocket and also see some really good throws not every QB can make. It's not too big for him and he's not rushing like he used to with even less time to throw.

Fans measure this stuff by success which I get for an entire team but his progression is on schedule. We still don't know where it will end or how long before we fully know what's there but there's nothing to be pissy about when it comes to his play relative to expectations. He's clearly not getting ruined by this and will not become gun shy. They need to release the reins and and let him get some of these growing pains into his past.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Trubs >>> Jimmy dink and dunk, In the long run. Jimmy looks pretty good but I think Trubs has a higher ceiling. Jimmy has a real offensive plan and coach. Trubs don't right now. I still see Trubs as the better QB longterm. Jimmy is more ready now. Jimmy can't get in the end zone. Gould has won all 3 of SFs games.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw a player that lost his composure and was pushing the ball into questionable spots. The end zone interception in particular was not like him at all.

TBH, I put that endzone pick on the WR. Instead of fading towards the back of the endzone he should have crossed the face of the Safety. IDK bout ya'll, but I feel like a better WR would have done that. That being said it was disheartening to see that many turnovers in one game.

Here's hoping he has a bounce back week against the Browns.

Also, the entire team looked flat from the beginning of the Lions game. Like completely different than they did against the Bungles... As if they weren't into it. Did anyone else see that?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Ya I noticed. I also noticed no shotgun formations. Trubs and Howard were killing it out of shotgun the week before.