Roster cuts around the league + 53 man roster

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If they are interested in trading Mooney it is probably because they arent close on a long term deal. Moore will likely want 20-25m in a year or 2, They gave Eligible Receiving Kmet 14m a year so only one of Claypool or Mooney is likely to be extended. Or maybe they move on from both.

Of course I probably lean on the report being exaggerated.
Lol at Eligible Receiving Kmet. That’s pretty good. Although I’m glad they extended him. A solid-yet not elite-TE is always good to have on the roster.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I never understood the Tonga cut...I thought he was very good vs the run....didn't see him being cut, and when it happened, I was somewhat pissed.
Needed to do that to make room for armon watts

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Any word on Gipson? I'm hearing rumors he'll be a cut. That seems...excessive to me? Hasn't he been big in pre-season?
He was the highest rated player on D for the preseason for Bears by a mile.
Borom was highest rated T in NFL for preseason, Leatherwood was # 2 rated G for preseason.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Borom was highest rated T in NFL for preseason, Leatherwood was # 2 rated G for preseason.
Goes to show how preseason doesn’t matter for front offices as much as think it does.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Borom is a fine swing tackle and I think Gipson is a rotation player. I don't understand why the Bears are so low on him but it's not a big deal. Your 4th/5th DE isn't going to make or break things.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol at Eligible Receiving Kmet. That’s pretty good. Although I’m glad they extended him. A solid-yet not elite-TE is always good to have on the roster.

That was JT Sullivan that gave him that nickname.