Roster cuts around the league + 53 man roster

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this is a good signing. I actually hope they pick up more on the waiver wire. I know we aren't going to find pro-bowlers, but just get some guys in here that can make the O-line NFL average; even that would be a vast improvement.

After Baba put up that this guy let the league in giving up pressures and hurries a couple years ago?

I recant the first sentence.

FUCK.

I knew they should have drafted a center...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Cut offensive linemen not to be interested in
  1. Dolphin OT James Tunstall - too damn close to Turnstile for my liking
  2. Charger OT Nicholas Melsop - too damn close to being Me Slop for my liking.

Cut offensive linemen to be interested in
  1. Texan OT Jacky Chen - too damn close to being Jacky Chan to not be interested in him.
  2. Viking OL Josh Sokol - Who wouldn't want someone who is "So cool" on their team?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The same bonus that Mykal Walker from the Falcons was gonna get and was waived as well before the Bears grabbed him
Fully convinced Proven Performance Escalator is a good idea in theory but bad one in practice for this very reason. NBA ran into this issue with vet min contracts and subsidizes them to prevent teams from dumping min players when they become too expensive, there are a lot of differences in NBA and NFL cap rules that prevent the NFL doing that but they probably need to find some way of offsetting the cap hit. Otherwise this is just a Proven Performance Job Exterminator for the player.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They have like 20 players still to cut. What are they waiting for? Is this going to be like High School baseball where everyone lines up and they call the names in alphabetical order of those that made the team. Everyone else thanks for coming out.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have like 20 players still to cut. What are they waiting for? Is this going to be like High School baseball where everyone lines up and they call the names in alphabetical order of those that made the team. Everyone else thanks for coming out.
Um, 4pm?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They don't have to announce until 3 or 4. Probably waiting to see who's on waivers. They will pick a few up since they have 1st priority on waivers

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless he is hurt this should be a waiver claim for the Bears.

Bears keeping 6 WRs IMO so Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Scott are probably locks. Not sure they give up on VJJ yet as he offers more in the pass game than Taylor and ESB they like due to his blocking. Personally I would probably dump ESB for Taylor but be surprised if the Bears do so.

Rise

Liked Posts:
They'll keep Velus Jones instead.

He's good for at least one loss when he suits up for game day
I would keep him for end arounds and kick returns. Cut ESB we don’t need him and probably could be added to the practice squad.