CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Meh, I'll chalk it up to a one time deal. Feel a little cheated though.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Had another 5k today. Cut my time down by around 4 minutes from the last one.

bears12th

Liked Posts:
Been training for the Tough Mudder New England #2 for a couple months now. Used to be in shape. Wasn't two months ago. Now am in OK shape and have two more months. I am 6 foot 2 inches and used to weigh 212 and in pretty sad shape. I am now running and working out 4-6 times a week (travel a lot with my job), and have dropped 18 pounds but even more cool is the 3-4 inches around the waist. I am guessing I will be around 190 or a bit less come race time in July as I am putting on some muscle while losing some serious fat. Been eating healthy, working out, and trying to keep this old body from falling apart.

Congrats X on your progress. Keep it up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just nothing in the tank today. Was around my regular mile pace for my three mile runs, but just couldn't muster it up to finish.

Swallow cliffs should be fun tomorrow.

bears12th

Liked Posts:
Yeah, ran my 3 miles today and cut just a shade over 5 minutes off my best 3 mile time. Hitting 4 miles on Wednesday to see if I can cut about 6 or 7 minutes off that time too and will try to keep running 4 mile runs for a bit while having a longer day on Sat. of around 6 miles I think. Lots of smallish, but steep hills here in CT, so long running gets really challenging. In todays 3 mile run, I climbed over 350 feet during the run and came down that much too; you could just image how much climbing over a 6 mile run could have in it. Just no flat ground out here and it keeps you working hard.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nike-air-pegasus-28-white-blue-spark-pure-platinum-black.jpg

Just picked up these today...They're a lot better than tennis shoes. :/

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I quit running last summer because I feel like one of knees is about to pop.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

i almost went w/ brooks...but i felt basically no difference between those and the nikes...and the nikes were $20 cheaper :shrug:

bears12th

Liked Posts:
20140-2_1_700x700.jpg

Just got these yesterday with some custom formed insoles. Looking forward to trying em out, but am sick as heel (ha) with a cold. Will try em out next week I guess.

Reactions: X

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20140-2_1_700x700.jpg

Just got these yesterday with some custom formed insoles. Looking forward to trying em out, but am sick as heel (ha) with a cold. Will try em out next week I guess.

disagree with your choice.

4017.jpg

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Anyone run for exercise, or just b/c you enjoy it?

I've got my first 5k tomorrow, kinda excited about it. Will probably have to walk part of it, but meh, that's ok.

Who runs?

Not a good idea, running is hard on the joints.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. When you are as fat and outta shape as I am Capt., you do anything you can for comfort. Been married a while and have a kid, not looking to win any modelling contracts these days. :tongue:

not yours bro...Dews.

bears12th

Liked Posts:
Hey, so what, if any, program do you all use for running apps. GPS, maps, elevation changes, etc on phones and record keeping is what I am interested in. Thought?

Right now I am using Endomoto (I think thats how it is spelled). Like it alot, but am always curious as to something better. Also, does anyone worry about heart rate and has spent the 70 or so bucks on the monitor that hooks up to the phone? Just wondering.

Thanks.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I could run up and down a basketball court all day but when it comes to just straight running, my body just doesnt allow it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.