Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did 2 miles today in under 20 minutes. Improvement is improvement.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good deal. Do you have any specific training regimen?

currently just trying to eat better, and run 3-4 days a week. trying to build up my 'run time' a 1/4 mile at a time. On saturday, ran about 1.5 before i started to walk. Today got to 2 miles. Hoping I can get to 3 before next saturday.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FT disagreed with someone, and held on to it like a 14 year old bleeding pussy hangs on to a tampon? Only he's not bleeding? Just likes it?
Meanwhile my wife ran her first 5k and beat you by nearly 5 minutes.

:lmao:

But yeah..I'm the woman.

By adjusting your training I mean getting on an actual plan.

Long slow miles=long slow runners.

"Training" for a 5k and running 2 miles is pretty fucking stupid unless it's the day or so before the race. Not only that you're getting nearly no fitness/cardio out of running 2 miles at barely under a 10min/mile pace.

Go to runnersworld.com and use the SmartCoach tool. It actually lays out training plans for you, paces etc. There's also a "beginners" running program that will help you reach "starting" goals of running for 30 minutes straight.

Use plans.

They work.

When people just jump into shit and have no clue what they are doing that's when they get hurt and give it up.

Buy cold pak straps at a local Walgreens or CVS and ice after every run.
Hal Higdon Training Programs

:shrug:

When I did my last half marathon I did the intermediate. I kind of want to push myself a bit more, so I'm going with the advanced. That does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that I am an advanced runner. Just looking to push myself as hard as I can.
I've seen Higdon speak before. Pretty interesting guy. Really aggressive plans. Not sure how I feel about them overall but the guys reputation is pretty good. I'm currently using a FIRST Half Marathon plan off of Runnersworld that I found. It's basically running 3 days a week and cross training the other 3, with a day of rest mixed in. Good plan, helps keep stress off the knees and it's one day each of speed work, a tempo run, then a long run. Really basic and straight forward but it's good work. Last night I had some speed work and it was mile repeats(which I love). I'd check it out if you're trying to keep stress off the knees.

524631_286270838124015_284475748303524_607781_224777631_n.jpg
I'd appreciated if you'd stay off my facebook.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
currently just trying to eat better, and run 3-4 days a week. trying to build up my 'run time' a 1/4 mile at a time. On saturday, ran about 1.5 before i started to walk. Today got to 2 miles. Hoping I can get to 3 before next saturday.

Once your endorphins get going, the distance part gets easier.

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile my wife ran her first 5k and beat you by nearly 5 minutes.

:lmao:

But yeah..I'm the woman.

I didn't call you a woman :shrug:

Good for her :)

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah you only called me a vag.

:rolleyes:

no i didn't.

I compared the way you won't let things go to a vag...

Good advice on runners world. interesting site.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reactions: X

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you're right. it is different. :hi5:

I'm looking into it. thanks.

My wife used it then mixed in a 4 or 5 miler the week before her first 5k and ran a 29:22. Not amazingly fast at all but for only actually doing distance running for 8-10 weeks for the first time in her life at the age of 27 it's pretty damn solid.

We are in the middle of training for a half marathon right now.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My wife used it then mixed in a 4 or 5 miler the week before her first 5k and ran a 29:22. Not amazingly fast at all but for only actually doing distance running for 8-10 weeks for the first time in her life at the age of 27 it's pretty damn solid.

We are in the middle of training for a half marathon right now.

Sweet. Yeah, I ran just a few times prior to my first 5k. Signed up for it b/c a cousin was putting it on as a fundraiser for her work. Knew i wasn't really training enough. But I'm not in bad shape (just wanna be better), and enjoy running. Hope my knee can keep up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, so Mondays and Wednesdays are my three mile days. I figure I'll go the same route each time, so as to provide some type of mental challenge of beating my previous time. Today, my GPS said I finished the three miles in a much different spot, and that I was 6:30 faster today.

I'd love for that to be true, but something tells me that's not quite right.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, so Mondays and Wednesdays are my three mile days. I figure I'll go the same route each time, so as to provide some type of mental challenge of beating my previous time. Today, my GPS said I finished the three miles in a much different spot, and that I was 6:30 faster today.

I'd love for that to be true, but something tells me that's not quite right.

What do you use? Watch? Phone App?

Status
Not open for further replies.