1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What plan are you using?
Hal Higdon Training Programs

:shrug:

When I did my last half marathon I did the intermediate. I kind of want to push myself a bit more, so I'm going with the advanced. That does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that I am an advanced runner. Just looking to push myself as hard as I can.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Yes, less body fat does speed up overall metabolism.

A very negligible and irrelevant amount (and that's assuming fat loss with an increase in muscle mass, because fat people burn more calories than thin people), but that's not really what we were discussing.

We were discussing how you claimed cardio was needed as you aged because your metabolism "changes." It doesn't change, it's the same process and cardio still isn't needed. Only a calorie deficit is needed, and cardio is not an efficient way to create a calorie deficit unless you're an elite level athlete or not eating very much... which isn't good to begin with.

I'm still waiting for you to back up this claim, because it's fucking false.

And when you decide to do some research, will be more than happy to assist.

I've done the research, you're Special person. That's exactly why you can't back up the stupid shit you say.. because you heard it from some dumb bro, or read it in Men's Health.

Cuz you don't know shit, do you really think I can do 10 dragon flags?...only short people can do that shit b/c the weight travels half the distance.

I never said you could do 10 dragon flags you fucking weirdo. I don't care how many dragon flags you can do, because they are fucking gay and a giant waste of time for anybody that doesn't give a shit how many dragon flags they can do.

Last edited:

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Cardio in general is meh...

You're meh in general!

524631_286270838124015_284475748303524_607781_224777631_n.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hate to ask, but RS, your thoughts on yoga?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Girls in tight pants.

:yeah:
Well, yeah....

I've been doing P90x, and there is a yoga component to it. I've done it four times so far, and I honestly think it's the hardest part of this whole thing. I like it, I suppose, but it's a tough 90 minutes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Have you changed your eating habbits, even a little? And in what time frame?
Yes, I have. This has been since February 13. I have a feeling I know what you'll say about caloric intake, but I think I'm eating smarter and healthier as opposed to just the fried foods/going out all the time.

I'm not looking to get bigger. My goal is the half marathon, so my thought (I'll be the first to admit I might be wrong) is that I'm better off getting leaner and getting rid of extra poundage to get my goal time in July.

After July, I'll be looking to increase calories and get back into the gym to add some size.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Yes, I have. This has been since February 13. I have a feeling I know what you'll say about caloric intake, but I think I'm eating smarter and healthier as opposed to just the fried foods/going out all the time.

I'm not looking to get bigger. My goal is the half marathon, so my thought (I'll be the first to admit I might be wrong) is that I'm better off getting leaner and getting rid of extra poundage to get my goal time in July.

After July, I'll be looking to increase calories and get back into the gym to add some size.

Well you're eating less, that's why you're losing weight. Actually p90x isn't going to aid in your training for the half marathon. Training for a half marathon will aid your training for the half marathon. Also getting leaner isn't always indicative of being good at running long distance. Fedor used to run 5 miles every day as a warm up and he was pudgy as hell.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well you're eating less, that's why you're losing weight. Actually p90x isn't going to aid in your training for the half marathon. Training for a half marathon will aid your training for the half marathon. Also getting leaner isn't always indicative of being good at running long distance. Fedor used to run 5 miles every day as a warm up and he was pudgy as hell.
I'm training for the half in addition to the p90x. My knees are not in the best shape, so that is why I want to lose some of the weight.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I'm training for the half in addition to the p90x. My knees are not in the best shape, so that is why I want to lose some of the weight.

And you think marathon training in addition to p90X is good on your knees? C'mon bro, you know better than that... Doing both is going to hamper you more than anything else. You have to recover.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And you think marathon training in addition to p90X is good on your knees? C'mon bro, you know better than that... Doing both is going to hamper you more than anything else. You have to recover.
I'll recover when I'm dead /guywithnoclue

No, you're right. Once summer break comes I'll be able to recover a little more than I am now. I just have it dead set in my mind of the time I want to get for this half, and I want to do everything I can to get there.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
p90x is severely overpriced..don't need that shit to keep myself in shape.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A friend burned it for me. Cost me a bottle of wine. :shrug: