Ryan, Orlovsky and Clark on ESPN straight annihilated Nagy

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wow.

They went after Nagy hard. Sort of crazy for a national broadcast group to be that pointed.

There's a lot of NFL story lines they could be running with, so for them to latch onto this one and be so harsh I'm assuming they are pissed about it and confident they are right.

they are 100% right.

there is no more Mitch to scapegoat. We’ve seen a large enough sample size to realize that Nagy ruins talent. He has not developed a single offensive talent.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine either of those two meatballs running the bears? Hahah. Appeasing the fan base until that fucks up and then more shouting haha.

seriously. Fuck that. Harbaugh has failed hard at Michigan. I’d rather get lovie back than go to a guy who has failed year in and year out with top recruiting classes

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Outside of ONE quarter of play, Foles has sucked. Nagy is too stubborn now to go back and admit defeat. This is VERY damning evidence of Nagy's ego and aptitude. Time to find a new coach.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I appreciate the sentiment but Rex Ryan didn’t know his elbow from his ass in that segment

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Week One: Mitch isn't good for most the game and then explodes in 4th Q against bad team, Bears win because Detroit screws up last drive.

Week Two: Mitch gets it going early and then shuts down, Bears hold off bad team.

Week Three: Mitch is replaced and completely outplayed by Foles who saves the game that Mitch was going to lose.

All against bottom 1/3 teams.

Mitch blows. Foles blows. No point in going back now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Week One: Mitch isn't good for most the game and then explodes in 4th Q against bad team, Bears win because Detroit screws up last drive.

Week Two: Mitch gets it going early and then shuts down, Bears hold off bad team.

Week Three: Mitch is replaced and completely outplayed by Foles who saves the game that Mitch was going to lose.

there is a point, because the first guy has mobility. If you don’t understand how a mobile qb could help this offense I don’t know what to tell you.

foles has one good quarter in like what....6.5 games? Mitch had 3 in 2.5.

I’ll take the 26 year old to lead us to failure versus the 30 something journeyman on his 5th team. Yes, they both suck, but one of them has a better skill set for how this offense is right now.

edit: foles has also played a lot of poor pass defenses. Don’t act like it’s just Mitch.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
there is a point, because the first guy has mobility. If you don’t understand how a mobile qb could help this offense I don’t know what to tell you.

foles has one good quarter in like what....6.5 games? Mitch had 3 in 2.5.

I’ll take the 26 year old to lead us to failure versus the 30 something journeyman on his 5th team. Yes, they both suck, but one of them has a better skill set for how this offense is right now.

edit: foles has also played a lot of poor pass defenses. Don’t act like it’s just Mitch.
LOL, yes, that famed mobility because he's used it so effectively . . .

The line has been far worse in the last six games than it was in the first three in part because of injuries and in part because the first three teams had awful front sevens.

They can put in Mitch, I don't really care. He will suck too. So will Foles.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I see nothing but rational points and facts here. Not an ounce of meatball or football clichés.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL, yes, that famed mobility because he's used it so effectively . . .

The line has been far worse in the last six games than it was in the first three in part because of injuries and in part because the first three teams had awful front sevens.

They can put in Mitch, I don't really care. He will suck too. So will Foles.

except Mitch can scramble and extend plays.

it’s not famed mobility, it’s literally there. Foles backs up into sacks. He’s a fucking statue. That doesn’t work behind a terrible oline.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
except Mitch can scramble and extend plays.

it’s not famed mobility, it’s literally there. Foles backs up into sacks. He’s a fucking statue. That doesn’t work behind a terrible oline.
Mitch doesn't work behind any line. He extends plays and then misses throws. Takes just as many sacks because he can't see what's happening. We've all watched him fail behind a better line, not sure what makes people think he will all of a sudden succeed behind a worse one.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you don’t understand how a mobile qb could help

HE GOT HURT IN ONE PLAY!

8504aa3094048e670a79ac53bfe3d9c7.gif

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Believe me the tv stations will make sure they have their cameras cued in on B.Lazor and other offensive coaches to find who's got their head in a playbook and is on their mic calling plays.

I agree, but for Nagy to even say that shows how stubborn he is imo. Why even say that? "We're gonna keep it a secret" [paraphrasing]. If you claim to have no ego and will do whatever is best, why act like its some state secret?

I'm sure it's killing him that he has no answers, but this further proves to me that he would seriously rather play Madden OC than be a full time HC.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think Mitch sucks, but I think foles is worse for this team.

he throws a better ball, sure, but he also throws way too many balls he shouldn’t. He has terrible pocket presence, and seems to have zero
HE GOT HURT IN ONE PLAY!

8504aa3094048e670a79ac53bfe3d9c7.gif

A designed run is a little bit different than a qb who can scramble to extend plays. Using him as a running back is not smart. Using him in play action and bootlegs like we did early in the year is.

can’t believe some of the meatballs on here are so dense. Yes, Mitch sucks, and foles is worse. I’d rather start the younger guy if that’s the case.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch doesn't work behind any line. He extends plays and then misses throws. Takes just as many sacks because he can't see what's happening. We've all watched him fail behind a better line, not sure what makes people think he will all of a sudden succeed behind a worse one.
True. Much better than foles not extending plays, not missing throws just throwing the ball to the other team, and backing up into sacks because no one is open.

not sure what makes people think that all of a sudden a 30 something year old backup can be decent

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

shambles

msadows

Liked Posts:

this offense has gotten worse than it ever has with foles at qb.

but evidently he’s not Mitch, so it’s okay.

obviously Mitch was never the main issue, and he thus far this year has outperformed foles. But it makes sense to start the guy who’s playing worse just because we hold a stupid agenda against Mitch for being a bust.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I understand this:

Message board: Nagy is bad

ESPN: Nagy is bad

ESPN: Nagy needs to change, even maybe playing Mitch

Message board: ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about

You can disagree about Mitch, but we all see how bad it is. It's not all on Nagy, but Nagy/Pace not addressing the oline isn't helping either. Changing QBs didn't help.
Maybe guys that played and coached know a little something?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

This. Plus Mitch looked scared to run most of last season and that's going to be even amplified after this injury.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Wow.

They went after Nagy hard. Sort of crazy for a national broadcast group to be that pointed.

There's a lot of NFL story lines they could be running with, so for them to latch onto this one and be so harsh I'm assuming they are pissed about it and confident they are right.
I'm actually surprised espn and fox haven't gone after Nagy as much as they have. His job was to make the offense better they had a bottom 3 offense last year and now the only offense worse then Nagys is the lowly and likely to go 0-16 Jets offense.