Ryan, Orlovsky and Clark on ESPN straight annihilated Nagy

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d rather start the younger guy if that’s the case.

99% of the time, I am with you on this. This is the awkward 1% where the young guy got benched by a coach that never had confidence in him and is 99% likely to not be on the team in a few months.

If Foles doesn't start playing smarter, he may get benched due to injury anyhow.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notes:

* Foles is a great backup QB should not be starting
* Matt Nagy is not a great coach
* and they're ruining a great defense (again)

But it's nice to see this cocksucker getting national heat.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have both sucked for the Bears, but for this offense, I think that Mitch is better. I'd rather play a 26 year old mobile guy who sucks, than a 34+ year old veteran non-mobile guy who also sucks. I don't see what yall are getting from Foles. So far, he's just as bad and has also played shitty defenses. Anyway, I agree mostly with Orlovsky's point. Nagy didn't want to change his offense to fit Mitch, so he went ahead and got a QB that would elevate his offense. Now we know that his offense is trash. Mitch played better with Nagy in 2018 when they were running a basic offense. In 2019, it seems Nagy tried to force him to play this superior shotgun offense and Mitch regressed. He looked decent again when in the first 3 games of the 2020 season, they weren't using Nagy's offense. But of course he struggled against the Falcons and this was Nagy's opportunity to get his guy who could run the Nagy offense. He can't go back to Mitch now and he should stay with his guy Foles. Honestly, if I'm Mitch, I'm not even sure that I want to play for Nagy again. The more shitty this offense looks with Foles, the more suitors he will have in the offseason. Some TV people are now starting to say that "maybe it wasn't Mitch afterall". So if I'm Mitch, "fuck it...my shoulder is hurt until the end of the season". It's a win win for everyone.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
this offense has gotten worse than it ever has with foles at qb.

but evidently he’s not Mitch, so it’s okay.

obviously Mitch was never the main issue, and he thus far this year has outperformed foles. But it makes sense to start the guy who’s playing worse just because we hold a stupid agenda against Mitch for being a bust.

it’s interesting that people think a QB like Mahommes can come in to Chicago and take Nagys playcalling behind that line and make the offense respectable. Not only is Nagy a bad offensive playcaller for his players, the players are barely able to perform what is asked of them by their coach.

Does the play being called have a high probability of success? No

Why? because the offensive line struggles at pass blocking.

How do we get production then?

Nagys answer: We just expect guys who’ve never proven they can execute at a higher level than they’ve shown they are capable of consistently doing. My offense will work if they just try harder and do better.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm actually surprised espn and fox haven't gone after Nagy as much as they have. His job was to make the offense better they had a bottom 3 offense last year and now the only offense worse then Nagys is the lowly and likely to go 0-16 Jets offense.
I hear you, but at the end of the day they want coaches to work with them, not fear them. It's in ESPN/FOX's best interest to take the high road because they often are asking for favors down the line.

This suggests they know he's a lame duck coach and are attacking him with no care how negatively it could look on their behalf.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
As someone who has Mitch fatigue after 2.5 years and actually remembers how bad he was with a better offensive line, yes, it could be. Not that that's even a bad thing. They need to lose.
Week One: Mitch isn't good for most the game and then explodes in 4th Q against bad team, Bears win because Detroit screws up last drive.

Week Two: Mitch gets it going early and then shuts down, Bears hold off bad team.

Week Three: Mitch is replaced and completely outplayed by Foles who saves the game that Mitch was going to lose.

All against bottom 1/3 teams.

Mitch blows. Foles blows. No point in going back now.

Correct. We could put Mitch back in, but unless we play bad teams (plenty left on our schedule) or good teams missing superstar players, the results won't be any different. Mitch sucks too. He sucks just as much as Foles but in different ways. There is no QB on our roster that has anything to do with a successful future.

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
this offense has gotten worse than it ever has with foles at qb.

but evidently he’s not Mitch, so it’s okay.

obviously Mitch was never the main issue, and he thus far this year has outperformed foles. But it makes sense to start the guy who’s playing worse just because we hold a stupid agenda against Mitch for being a bust.

This is the issue with the board in a nutshell.

A lot of them can not admit, after spending month after month ragging on Mitch that he was not the main issue.
They knew that if they could see Nagy's "system" with a QB who could "read defenses" and see all "the open receivers that Nagy schemed open" that the offense would be better.

Once one admits that Nagy and his system blows ass, one must put all other considerations back on the table.

Lets start with some theories:

Mitch was not as bad as made out to be, he just wasnt developed and coached properly.
Foles is a competent veteran QB that can play well when asked to do things within his skill set
Anthony Miller is a good young WR, who needs coaching instead of being constantly thrown under the bus
Montgomery is a decent RB who can be productive if used correctly
Jimmy Graham is still an effective TE when he is asked to do things within his skill set

These are just examples of ideas that should be reconsidered if it can be reasoned that it is not the talent that is holding Nagy back, but instead Nagy holding back what talent is there.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears are in shambles, no doubt.

I think the difference is that you think Trubisky would eliminate that problem, because you think he is better than Pat Mahomes.

I don't think that's accurate.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What else can they say that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

This idiot Rex Ryan said Nagy won coach of the year cause of Trubisky?

:peppers:

No mention of the defense?

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:

I think the difference is that you think Trubisky would eliminate that problem, because you think he is better than Pat Mahomes.

LOL. Nobody thinks Mitch is better than Mahomes. Stop it.

Mahomes was developed by a coach in Andy Reid who has developed multiple NFL QBs and made them better.
Mitch is tethered to a moron who thinks his "system" is the end all be all.

At this moment it can be reasoned that Mitch brings something that Foles can not and maybe it could be helpful. As long as Nagy is coach, neither will be successful

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rex Ryan's argument is Mitch was 3-0. I haven't watched ESPN(outside of MNF) for 6 years for a good reason.

They essentially think Nagy should put Mitch back in and cater the offense to his strengths. Yeah, no thanks ESPN.
What do you have to lose?? Giles has been regression since the Atlanta game, and you can tell the offense is checking out.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
LOL. Nobody thinks Mitch is better than Mahomes. Stop it.

Mahomes was developed by a coach in Andy Reid who has developed multiple NFL QBs and made them better.
Mitch is tethered to a moron who thinks his "system" is the end all be all.

At this moment it can be reasoned that Mitch brings something that Foles can not and maybe it could be helpful. As long as Nagy is coach, neither will be successful
The poster I was replying literally started a thread saying that Mitch is better than Mahomes. So, you stop it. Thanks.

Mitch is unfortunately bad. We've almost all figured that out now.

I agree that neither is likely to have success in this offense. If you admit that, why would you also argue 'maybe it could be helpful' to bring Mitch back in? Those two ideas are logically incompatible.

What real good would good would bringing back in do at this point, given the Bears aren't going to extend or tag him, and hes not going to succeed much with Nagy?

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
The poster I was replying literally started a thread saying that Mitch is better than Mahomes. So, you stop it. Thanks.

Mitch is unfortunately bad. We've almost all figured that out now.

I agree that neither is likely to have success in this offense. If you admit that, why would you also argue 'maybe it could be helpful' to bring Mitch back in? Those two ideas are logically incompatible.

What real good would good would bringing back in do at this point, given the Bears aren't going to extend or tag him, and hes not going to succeed much with Nagy?

Same poster also had a thread that says Mitch is better than Russell Wilson and went into great detail about it. Do you ever consider that you are being trolled?

The whole "Mitch is the worst QB in the history of the world" narrative is what I am now challenging.
All we heard was how the problems were all on the QB. Now that we have seen a QB who supposedly "knows" the offense and it still looks like crap, maybe the problem is not the previous or the current QB, but maybe the doofus in charge of the offense.

We changed the coordinator, the line coach, the quarterback, and the results have gotten worse.

Maybe we should go back to step one. Reset everything and change the doofus.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Same poster also had a thread that says Mitch is better than Russell Wilson and went into great detail about it. Do you ever consider that you are being trolled?

The whole "Mitch is the worst QB in the history of the world" narrative is what I am now challenging.
All we heard was how the problems were all on the QB. Now that we have seen a QB who supposedly "knows" the offense and it still looks like crap, maybe the problem is not the previous or the current QB, but maybe the doofus in charge of the offense.

We changed the coordinator, the line coach, the quarterback, and the results have gotten worse.

Maybe we should go back to step one. Reset everything and change the doofus.
If you are challenging the narrative that Mitch is the worst QB ever I have no idea why you are arguing with me. I don't think he's good, but more than that I don't think anything good can come from him starting again.

I don't know what you are hearing, or what you were led to believe. Those aren't my ideas. My big point here is that they can all be bad: Nagy, Mitch, the OL, Foles.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

I think Mahommes has 2 pro bowl caliber Tackles. A Head coach who puts up points with any QB. Mahommes also has 3 guys that are solid WRs and a TE that is widely considered the best TE in football.

The organization built most of that for him so he could achieve the success he did.

This organization hasn’t built anything for its QB.

You, like most around here forget just how bad our team was before Trubisky. A historically bad defense for Chicago and a outdated offensive model that still hasn’t been improved on.

This coach and his quarterback are asked to resemble a modern offense with guys on the line that most likely wouldn’t start anywhere but in Chicago. Daniels and Whitehair sure, Ifedi seems like he’s fine. They are just average players though. That doesn’t get any QB outside of Russell Wilson 25pts a game.

could Brady win with this offense? Could mahommes? Could Watson? If your answer is yes then you think the talent around the QB doesn’t matter.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think Mahommes has 2 pro bowl caliber Tackles. A Head coach who puts up points with any QB. Mahommes also has 3 guys that are solid WRs and a TE that is widely considered the best TE in football.

The organization built most of that for him so he could achieve the success he did.

You, like most around here forget just how bad our team was before Trubisky. A historically bad defense for Chicago and a outdated offensive model that still hasn’t been improved on.

This coach and his quarterback are asked to resemble a modern offense with guys on the line that most likely wouldn’t start anywhere but in Chicago. Daniels and Whitehair sure, Ifedi seems like he’s fine. They are just average players though. That doesn’t get any QB outside of Russell Wilson 25pts a game.

could Brady win with this offense? Could mahommes? Could Watson? If your answer is yes then you think the talent around the QB doesn’t matter.
I think a few elite QB could definitely win big with this offense. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and a few others with a healthy line.

I think Mitch would need a pretty perfect situation around him to even be good. He just can't see what's happening, he panics, and his feet are awful. You can never make a QB who can't really see the field and react with poise into one who can. And Mitch just can't do that consistently.

Watch Joe Burrow behind that line that is worse than the Bears. Watch Herbert. Kyler Murray.

Then watch Mitch, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold.

There is a quality that one group has that the other just doesn't.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mahomes is easily better than Trubisky. Its not even close and yes he would do better with the same circumstances

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think a few elite QB could definitely win big with this offense. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and a few others with a healthy line.

I think Mitch would need a pretty perfect situation around him to even be good. He just can't see what's happening, he panics, and his feet are awful. You can never make a QB who can't really see the field and react with poise into one who can. And Mitch just can't do that consistently.

Watch Joe Burrow behind that line that is worse than the Bears. Watch Herbert. Kyler Murray.

Then watch Mitch, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold.

There is a quality that one group has that the other just doesn't.

Mitch doesn’t turn it over like jones. Sam Darnold is in a bad situation just like Mitch.
The fact that you think a HOF QB can come in here and be successful says a lot about your understanding of NFL football.

the defenses in the NFL don’t take weeks off. This isn’t college. If you have a bad offense, defenses expose it. No QB outside of Wilson can create offense here.