CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is it that Mitch exploded in the 4th quarter? Do you think it was he finally shock the rust off or do you think it was the play calling?

They were constant playoff contenders who could ball with the Steelers and the Patriots with Alex Smith.

2015 wildcard
30 Chiefs(Alex Smith) vs 0 Texans ( another stacked team who went to the playoffs with Hoyer and Weeden)
2015 Divisional Round
20 Chiefs vs 27 Pats
Bears finished last place in the NFCN at 6-10

1st Round Bye Divisional Round lost to the Steelers
BTW Texans also went to the playoffs again at 9-7
Bears finished last place at 3-13

Chiefs Went to the playoffs 3 straight years before Mahomes started
Texans finished 4-12 after Watson was drafted and started 7 games
Bears finished 5-11 after Mitch was drafted and started 12 games

So yeah the Chief and Texans were both teams that could win with any QB before drafting their Stud QBs..

So you put Mitch in those situations and they win a super bowl? Thats what Chris is getting at

:peppers:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Tell me again like you did all offseason how this offense is really going to click now we have graham and kmet lol.

Uhh, yea no. I never said that. I said we'd run more 2 TE sets which is what nagy wanted to run but couldn't due to shit personnel.

If you want to know what I thought of this offense, look no further than my posts in the Nick Foles trade thread.

I personally hope that he succeeds(Mitch), because its whats best for the franchise I cheer for. Do I think he can succeed? Probably not. Do I think Foles can succeed? Probably not. Foles is going to get worked behind this oline with no run game.

We literally did nothing to improve our biggest weakness last season, and no, it wasn't QB even though a lot of you crybabies think it was. No team succeeds without good trench play. You get a good dline, and a good oline, and you go to the playoffs usually. Simple as that. It's been a time tested equation.

I'm fairly certain I was the biggest proponent of getting extra oline help in the offseason, and if we didn't this offense would be shit again no matter who started at qb. I've said that multiple times. It's come to fruition. No oline = no run game = shitty QB play. Pretty simple equation.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"You cared enough to comment" is so boring. I was replying to you that i dont care if that's all i got from the video.

Just calling Rex Ryan out for the dumb shit that he is. Ancient thinking about wins-losses. But i can go on about Rexs comments. He essentially calls Mitch a starter and Foles a backup. Wrong. He says Nagy won COY because of Mitchs play. WRONG. When Rex finally finishes a sentence, which is few and far between, nothing accurate comes out of his mouth.

We may agree on some things about Nagy but not entirely. And honestly, i barely listened to Ryan Clark and Dan Orlovsky after Rex set the table for more lowest common denominator ESPN sports talk.
I agree with Rex comment...he was babbling and seems angry, as if he wants the Bears job lol. I thought Orlovsky was right on and Clark nailed it as well.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles is who we thought he is. It's actually impressive he can do anything at all behind this terrible OL that was not startable even before the injuries/Covid. They were awful in 2019, but Pace chose not to bring in talent.

Nagy's biggest problem: no accountability. "I will never question the effort of my players". Why say this!?? What if they are being lazy and stupid. BTW - they ARE playing lazy & stupid. Call them out internally then. Nope. Players are on record asking for collective team tape viewing and accountability. His response was shock & surprise. SMDH.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy finally got his TE group, which was MIA last year.

What does he do with Kmet? @ podium "He's a talented young player. We need to get him the ball more".
gameday: hardly any snaps.

What's with this WE shit coach? It's on YOU!! Stop being you. BE BETTER!!!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arguing Mitch or Foles is moot with Nagy calling plays and with this OL. period!

Mitch: +
+ is more mobile. He scrambled for what, 50 yards in the very game he got canned.​
Mitch: -
- can't read defenses and gets fooled. Hasn't mastered the offense still​
- his accuracy is NOT as advertised (as a result?) Esp his deep ball. Not good people. Not good.​
- won't confront Nagy​
- seeing ghosts behind this OL & plays frantic as a result.​
- not good with the RPO, espec. when he can't trust his OL to block for shit.​

Foles: +
+ knows the offense and can run it well...prob. better than Nagy &​
+ has tried confronting Nagy to no avail​
+ decent accuracy at times, even deep ball. but inconsistent​
Foles: -
- no RPO since he's a statue. Can't extent plays or avoid a rush. Eventually tries to hard with ill advised throws.​
- seeing ghosts behind this OL & plays frantic as a result.​
- also can't trust his OL to block for shit.​

Tell me I'm wrong. I hate to say it but Foles is probably better, but again, it's pointless with this OL & Nagy. Neither are world class enough to overcome those 2 death sentence unsolvable problems this season. Meh. Maybe next year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
No, what they should of done was cater the offense around Trubisky's strengths 2 years ago, now going back to him is harder to do because you benched him for Foles and even though it's easy for us fans sitting on our computers to say that's what they should do it's different when you're the head coach and your ego is bigger than your common sense.
don't you guys get it, he wasn't brought here to run the i formation!

stop longing for a lead blocking fullback who could get montgomery 5 ypc behind a bunch of sides of beef Oline

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I think a few elite QB could definitely win big with this offense. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and a few others with a healthy line.

I think Mitch would need a pretty perfect situation around him to even be good. He just can't see what's happening, he panics, and his feet are awful. You can never make a QB who can't really see the field and react with poise into one who can. And Mitch just can't do that consistently.

Watch Joe Burrow behind that line that is worse than the Bears. Watch Herbert. Kyler Murray.

Then watch Mitch, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold.

There is a quality that one group has that the other just doesn't.

Perfectly said. Cincy might have a worse line than the Bears and Burrow looks like a star. He looks better 9 games into his career than Mitch has ever looked.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
what we also know is Trubisky walked into the shittiest organization in the NFL offensively. Had no support from day 1, had 2 first round picks traded to fix the defense instead of help him. Has the worst line in football. Worst TE

Mahommes had an offensive juggernaut as a HC, 2 great tackles, solid receivers and an elite TE.

Doesn’t shock me that you can’t understand how this works.

Mahomes doesn't consistently overthrow or miss seeing wide open weapons like Mitch does. Mahomes has "it" Mitch doesn't and you could see that at UNC. Taking him #2 was the worst move ever!

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid literally was considered the best coach never to win a Super Bowl.

You must not remember when he was with the eagles.

he built the chiefs offense, then he got a QB.

we got a QB and never built the offense.

That's the problem with dolts like you. You actually think we took an NFL QB at #2 overall. The clown couldn't beat out Marquise Williams at UNC, yet our loser organization thought he was our future.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
That's the problem with dolts like you. You actually think we took an NFL QB at #2 overall. The clown couldn't beat out Marquise Williams at UNC, yet our loser organization thought he was our future.

So what!?

Every small school kid who plays nfl football couldn’t beat out a SEC guy!

Carson Wentz went to where? What a shitty QB!?

Tom Brady got benched his senior year. He sucked.

But Matt Leinart was a 3 year uncontested start heisman winner.

Let’s face it. You are just incapable of reason. If you applied your way of thinking to every player. Nobody would ever be allowed to grow from adversity.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
this offense has gotten worse than it ever has with foles at qb.

but evidently he’s not Mitch, so it’s okay.

obviously Mitch was never the main issue, and he thus far this year has outperformed foles. But it makes sense to start the guy who’s playing worse just because we hold a stupid agenda against Mitch for being a bust.

Have you noticed how all the Mitch haters are happier losing with Foles in games that aren’t even competitive.

We went from being in almost every game at the end and a chance to win to basically looking like we couldn’t win unless a miracle happens. We’re basically non competitive.

I stopped watching the game at the end of the 3rd quarter last week. I’ll probably turn it off at halftime if we look like we did last week. Then slowly find a better way to spend my time on sundays than watching Nagy run this atrocity of an offense.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Damn Dan let Nagy have it! F ya!

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
So what!?

Every small school kid who plays nfl football couldn’t beat out a SEC guy!

Carson Wentz went to where? What a shitty QB!?

Tom Brady got benched his senior year. He sucked.

But Matt Leinart was a 3 year uncontested start heisman winner.

Let’s face it. You are just incapable of reason. If you applied your way of thinking to every player. Nobody would ever be allowed to grow from adversity.

That's what you are calling it? Adversity? Good to know. You aren't very smart.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Have you noticed how all the Mitch haters are happier losing with Foles in games that aren’t even competitive.

We went from being in almost every game at the end and a chance to win to basically looking like we couldn’t win unless a miracle happens. We’re basically non competitive.

I stopped watching the game at the end of the 3rd quarter last week. I’ll probably turn it off at halftime if we look like we did last week. Then slowly find a better way to spend my time on sundays than watching Nagy run this atrocity of an offense.

thats the sad part really, I’ve stopped caring. Oh I watch, some, I usually watch recorded, FF through bullshit commercials and stoppages, but the last few games are different. I’ll watch the first half and depending on how close it is, peek at the final. If they’re close (tied in NO game), I’ll watch the rest. This week I watched less than a full half. I just don’t want to waste my valuable time on this shit show.

As far as Mitch vs. Foles, I think the one thing Mitch would bring now is not getting Foles killed. If Nagy would run some misdirection, designed rollouts, etc for quickthrows and runs, this might look like an OK offense. He needs to lose his playbook, they can’t block any of it.

The Mitch /Mahomes argument is interesting.IMO, had they need switched, Mitch gets some time to learn with an actual good coach behind Alex Smith and does very well, not current Mahomes well, but a HUGE improvement from where he’s at. Mahomes in Chi, and he’s still really damn good, but he’s a more mobile Cutler maybe, and nowhere near the perennial MVP that he is today. One landed in the perfect spot, one landed in QB hell.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People like Chris think just because the team is already set up that any QB can come in a do well.

Trying his hardest to discredit Mahomes and give credit to Mitch just because the situations they were drafted into.

No matter the situation, you aren't gonna turn JaMarcus Russell into anything more than a bust

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
So you put Mitch in those situations and they win a super bowl? Thats what Chris is getting at

:peppers:

They were a playoff team 3 years in a row. The Bears were a 4-12 team.

I’m not saying Trubisky wins a Super Bowl but he would be on an annual playoff team the day he walked in the door. He’s played well, even had some outstanding plays on an offense that lets face it, is considered at the bottom of the league in acquired talent.

I mean outside of Allen Robinson coming off an ACL injury, who exactly was that signing or draft pick that you think brings the offense into a team that contend with teams that invest 2 to 3 times as much into their offenses?