SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199868" data-time="1370817527">
<div>

You can spin the stats any way you want. I can play this game too. Bruins have 6 players with 4 or more goals, the hawks have 4. Bruins have scored 50 goals, hawks 47 (bruins played 1 less game). Bruins defensemen have 15 goals, the hawks D has 5 or 6.

Rask has faced the penguins, an elite team. Crawford has not had to face an elite offense yet.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

and as for you Bruins fan. blah blah blah the Hawks haven't faced an offensive team like the Pens. Hear that tripe all the time...... I can counter it.....</p>

</p>

Bruins haven't come close to playing a defensive team like the Hawks. They Bruins offense didn't exactly explode to close out the Pens series did it? 3 goals in the last 2 games against one of the leagues worst defensive teams? Yah you got us shaking in our boots. You talk as if the Bruins won all games that series by scoring 6 goals a game. And that Rangers team the Bruins beat...ohhhh so scary that offense and defence. You should be scared that the Bruins find the form they did against the Leafs. Because if they fall back into that I can assure you the Hawks can hold a 4-1 lead in a 3rd period :icon-wink:. </p>

</p>

But you sound like someone who hasn't watched a single Hawks game these playoffs so you resort to NHL.com stats to try spin shit instead of actually knowing the opponent and their strengths and weaknesses. Most of you trolls are like that.</p>

R K

Thank God they beat the Canucks.  I will ALWAYS be thankful.  I just wish their fans would chill a little.  I don't like the arrogance that's already over the place.  But then again, like I said, i do because the sweep of the Pens, playing PITIFUL HOCKEY, has given them a false sense of "we are the better team"...</p>

</p>

Well as discussed over and over Shero did just about EVERYTHING wrong before the trade dead line, and it showed as the playoffs went along.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="199879" data-time="1370819967">
<div>

and as for you Bruins fan. blah blah blah the Hawks haven't faced an offensive team like the Pens. Hear that tripe all the time...... I can counter it.....</p>

</p>

Bruins haven't come close to playing a defensive team like the Hawks. They Bruins offense didn't exactly explode to close out the Pens series did it? 3 goals in the last 2 games against one of the leagues worst defensive teams? Yah you got us shaking in our boots. You talk as if the Bruins won all games that series by scoring 6 goals a game. And that Rangers team the Bruins beat...ohhhh so scary that offense and defence. You should be scared that the Bruins find the form they did against the Leafs. Because if they fall back into that I can assure you the Hawks can hold a 4-1 lead in a 3rd period :icon-wink:. </p>

</p>

But you sound like someone who hasn't watched a single Hawks game these playoffs so you resort to NHL.com stats to try spin shit instead of actually knowing the opponent and their strengths and weaknesses. Most of you trolls are like that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

That's what makes it funny.  I'm cautious.  East and West have not played either all year.  Then again i've watch a lot of Bruins hockey during the season and playoffs and ALL Hawks hockey.</p>

</p>

I'm confident I won't go on a Bruins board and be a dick for the sake of being a dick.  I have some sense of respect.  For both historic teams.</p>

</p>

Awesome since 1926 this is the first time they've ever met in the finals.  That's fucking CRAZY!</p>

</p>

</p>

And last thing the WORLD was/is with Boston on the tragedy that happened.  This series has NOTHING to do with that.  You will not WILL either team to win, rather the BETTER team will win.</p>

</p>

Is it Wed yet?  Because we have HOME FUCKING ICE as it was the bonus from rolling the SHIT out of the entire Conference all season long.</p>

R K

Oh and Jack Edwards is the biggest fucking homer next to Mickey Redmond.  There's one thing to be bias for your team or a fan, but another to ruin the professionalism in the Job you have for the sake of being a fucking homer.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Agree</p>

</p>

And anyone who attempts to draw comparisons btw the Pens talent and Hawks talent obviously doesn't watch or know squat about the Hawks and probably gets their opinions from the bias eastern conference media. Why we even talking about the Pens? If the Bruins fans think they have won the cup because they just beat a crappy no name defence and an over-rated offense then they are in for a surprise when they meet a team with actual balance through the lineup and guys who can play a two way game.</p>

</p>

</p>

in my opinion the best two teams of the season are in the final and rightfully so. Boston was overshadowed all year by the Pens and even the Habs. Rask had a shaky start but his game came to form and Boston was a really good team for the majority of the season. They have talent they have good balance but they also took some blows to their blueline these playoffs. With respect they pulled through those injuries and guys like Krug showed up and eased it. They do go into this series still beat up on the blueline (Cambell being out is a little bit of a blow). Health will have a roll to play this series also. Its going to be a long grind yet.</p>

R K

I'm not sure the East was as tough as the West.  I think the Leafs series showed that.  </p>

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199881" data-time="1370820629">
<div>

Thank God they beat the Canucks.  I will ALWAYS be thankful.  I just wish their fans would chill a little.  I don't like the arrogance that's already over the place.  But then again, like I said, i do because the sweep of the Pens, playing PITIFUL HOCKEY, has given them a false sense of "we are the better team"...</p>

</p>

Well as discussed over and over Shero did just about EVERYTHING wrong before the trade dead line, and it showed as the playoffs went along.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

you see this is what i don't get. no one gives boston any credit. according to everyone here and all the experts, the Pens lost that series. They simply didn't play well and the bruins won by default. Let me tell you something. You don't go from being the highest scoring team in the playoffs after round 2 to one fo the worst offensive performances in the history of the NHL playoffs because you simply "didn't show up."  Boston turned it up - why? Because they are a good team playing great hockey at the right moment.  They were a tired bunch heading into round 1 having played almost every other night - a game or two was postponed because of the boston marathon as well.  I believe that contributed to the team going to 7 games against the leafs.  Then tHey get a week off  after the rangers series to rest and finally show the world how good they are.  </p>

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="199884" data-time="1370821117">
<div>

Agree</p>

</p>

And anyone who attempts to draw comparisons btw the Pens talent and Hawks talent obviously doesn't watch or know squat about the Hawks and probably gets their opinions from the bias eastern conference media. Why we even talking about the Pens? If the Bruins fans think they have won the cup because they just beat a crappy no name defence and an over-rated offense then they are in for a surprise when they meet a team with actual balance through the lineup and guys who can play a two way game.</p>

</p>

</p>

in my opinion the best two teams of the season are in the final and rightfully so. Boston was overshadowed all year by the Pens and even the Habs. Rask had a shaky start but his game came to form and Boston was a really good team for the majority of the season. They have talent they have good balance but they also took some blows to their blueline these playoffs. With respect they pulled through those injuries and guys like Krug showed up and eased it. They do go into this series still beat up on the blueline (Cambell being out is a little bit of a blow). Health will have a roll to play this series also. Its going to be a long grind yet.</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

so i should give the hawks credit for going 7 against and old and slow detroit team? or an LA kings team, who has a fabulous defense, but no offense? </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199886" data-time="1370824043">
<div>

you see this is what i don't get. no one gives boston any credit. according to everyone here and all the experts, the Pens lost that series. They simply didn't play well and the bruins won by default. Let me tell you something. You don't go from being the highest scoring team in the playoffs after round 2 to one fo the worst offensive performances in the history of the NHL playoffs because you simply "didn't show up."  Boston turned it up - why? Because they are a good team playing great hockey at the right moment.  They were a tired bunch heading into round 1 having played almost every other night - a game or two was postponed because of the boston marathon as well.  I believe that contributed to the team going to 7 games against the leafs.  Then tHey get a week off  after the rangers series to rest and finally show the world how good they are.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I give them all the credit in the World.  They played like a wife beater.  Frustrated the SHIT out of a Very offensive Pens team.  But a Pens team that many, other than NBC, and questioned D and goal tending for a long time.</p>

</p>

Again I said 6-7 games, obviously I didn't say sweep.  I also said the Bruins style fits very well with the Hawks.  If you watched many Hawks games you'd know why I said that.</p>

</p>

Should be a great series.  Chicago has lost once at home in 10 home games and have Home Ice.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199887" data-time="1370824192">
<div>

so i should give the hawks credit for going 7 against and old and slow detroit team? or an LA kings team, who has a fabulous defense, but no offense? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

A team that ousted the 3rd best team in the league?  Or did you miss that tid bit of information.  A team that was playing playoff hockey for three weeks before the playoffs to just get into them.</p>

</p>

Did you watch any other hockey other than Bruins?  </p>

</p>

LA a team that beat the very physical Blues team with Home Ice, or beat the Sharks team who swept the Canucks and didn't lose either game in Vancouver?</p>

</p>

Dude you guys were 2 minutes from losing to the fucking Maple Leafs.  What happens if that team shows up?  I'd be a little cautious if I were you.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199887" data-time="1370824192">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

you should certainly respect your opponent a little more than you are. Im sorry Leafs/Rangers/Pens aren't the tripple threat of opponents I would be writing home about either.f you think the Bruins are cake walking through the Hawks because of the 3 teams they previous beat you are a fool. Just as I would be for suggesting the Hawks are going to cake walk through the Bruins based on the 3 teams they just beat. Doesn't work like that in the NHL playoffs. Take each series as they come to you.</p>

</p>

You aren't getting it. No one here thinks this will be an easy series accept for you apparently. I for one welcome opposition fans if they have something of value to bring to a conversation. otherwise its the same old boring shit of my teams better because I said so. Ive stated a few posts now that I respect the Bruins, think they are a good team and have been all season and deserve to be in the final. I haven't even laid down a prediction of who is going to win this series and frankly im not going to. Its that close to call in my mind.</p>

</p>

But if you don't think the Hawks deserve to be in the final and aren't a good team then that just shows how completely full of shit and foolish you are. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199868" data-time="1370817527">
<div>

You can spin the stats any way you want. I can play this game too. Bruins have 6 players with 4 or more goals, the hawks have 4. Bruins have scored 50 goals, hawks 47 (bruins played 1 less game). Bruins defensemen have 15 goals, the hawks D has 5 or 6.

Rask has faced the penguins, an elite team. Crawford has not had to face an elite offense yet.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Realistically your stat means everyone with a 1+ goals per series average and within the top 32 playoff goal scorers.  When looking at outright scoring threats, we'll take it to top-13 (2+ goals per series average...i.e. 6 goals or more) and we go back to the 2 players on Boston to the 4 players on Chicago.  Boston has not had to face that yet. </p>

</p>

In fact, I question Pittsburgh's legitimacy as an "elite scoring threat" based on raw stats (not on precedent).  Malkin, Iginla, & Morrow are absent from that list.  The real question is did Boston shut all of them down or were they just having a shitty playoff run?  Honestly, I think it's a little of both.</p>

</p>

I think Boston's D will have their hands full stopping 4 legitimate scoring threats on Chicago at least as much as Chicago's D will have stopping 2 legitimate threats with 4 secondary scorers.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
I cant tell which way the series will go but it will go 6 or 7 games. There was only one team in the east that concerned me at the beginning of the playoffs and it was Boston. They play like a west team. As for Detroit being old and slow, they aren't an old team anymore and they sure as hell aren't slow. As for facing elite teams. We just beat the defending stanley cup champs and we beat a team that has made the playoffs for 21-22 straight years. So you can throw that elite team at us but remember boston fans you almost got beat by the leafs, you played the Rangers that only have a goaltender with a history of playoff failure, and a team that is so overrated by the media it aint funny. So you can try to talk shit but well again you almost got beat by the leafs.</p>

</p>

Anyway going to be a great series, I like the Bruins and really did want this finals so good luck to both teams.</p>

GrimlockAutobot

Liked Posts:
Holding Down The Fort in the Baltimore /Philly Are
The Bruins are the media's darlings right now.

The Hawks are going to have to play from the media-percieved underdog role. All or most of the early predictions that I've seen from the so-called "experts" thus far are Bruins in 5, 6, or 7 games.

I'm going with Hawks in 7.

There's nothing I want more than for the Hawks to stick it it to the Bruins, their east coast goon-like fans, the city of Boston, and their east-coast hype machine ESPN.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GrimlockAutobot" data-cid="199913" data-time="1370868925">
<div>

The Bruins are the media's darlings right now.

The Hawks are going to have to play from the media-percieved underdog role. All or most of the early predictions that I've seen from the so-called "experts" thus far are Bruins in 5, 6, or 7 games.

I'm going with Hawks in 7.

There's nothing I want more than for the Hawks to stick it it to the Bruins, their east coast goon-like fans, the city of Boston, and their east-coast hype machine ESPN.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

New drinking game for the finals. Every time you hear "Boston Strong" you have to take a shot.</p>

Funny I never heard the phrase "OKC strong during last years NBA finals."</p>

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="199833" data-time="1370766250">

You also forgot one thing. The west is better.</p></blockquote>

Here we go again with this idiotic notion that simply because the west is better they are going to win the cup. Vancouver thought the same thing and they got smoked. Frankly i don't see a difference between the hawks in 2013 and canucks in 2011. The hawks probably have better defensemen than the Nucks but vancouver had the better goalie. The better team on paper doesn't always win....in fact not that many president's trophy winners win the cup for that reason.

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="199921" data-time="1370873987">

New drinking game for the finals. Every time you hear "Boston Strong" you have to take a shot.

Funny I never heard the phrase "OKC strong during last years NBA finals."</p></blockquote>

That's kind of low, even for hawks fans.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hopefully it's a fun series</p>

</p>

Out of the top 6...2 big keys in my opinion would be -</p>

</p>

Toews - 1g in last 18 playoff games.  He can't get frustrated and scoring a goal or two early in this series can be huge.  It will put more pressure on Bergeron defensively if Toews can score early...and maybe make them think more of their own end than offensively.  Hawks aren't winning if Toews can't score in this series (then again...they've gone this far....)</p>

</p>

Sharp - while he's tops with 8g...only 2 in the last 11.  This guy is streaky...and him on the upswing makes the Hawks so much more dangerous.  They need the Sharp vs Minny...not the one vs LA</p>

</p>

On the bottom 6...Stalberg and Saad.</p>

Saad  - he seemed to play 1 good game..1 invisible.  His speed in this series will be needed to counter the physicality of BOS. He's only had 1g in his last 26gms.  With Toews getting eliminated/shut down...it has made the Hawks depth more important.  It would be great to get 1-2g out of him in this series.  Needs to bring the speed.</p>

</p>

Stalberg - pretty much same as Saad.  Bring the speed and put pressure on their slug D.  He's going to be getting Boychuk or McQuaid..and should be able to skate circles around them.  1g in his last 24gms.  He's not a rookie.  He only has 1g in 30 playoff games as a Hawk.  Viktor needs to be the catylst on this 3rd line....this could be a series that he can ad a few million to his UFA status....or lose a year or two on an offer.</p>

</p>

And the key line I think will be the Kruger/Bolland/Frolik line.  As the LA series went on - they got the Carter line to match up against.  It will be interesting if they get the Horton/Krejci/Lucic line...or the Jagr/Bergeron/Marchand line.  The success of this matchup could determine the series. </p>

</p>

I'm sure the lines will stay as they ended the last series.  However, I wouldn't mine seeing them slide Bickell back down.  While the argument will be to keep Bick up for more size vs Chara on Toews wing (and completely agree with)...is there anyone that can give Chara fits when it comes to size?  I almost think I would slide Saad up there to give more of a speed aspect...</p>

Saad - Toews - Kane (will see the Chara/Seidenberg pair)</p>

Sharp - Zues - Hossa - get hot and carry the series</p>

Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg - had success all year...maybe get Stalberg going/be a matchup problem for BOS?</p>

Kruger - Bolland - Frolik - just don't get scored on...don't take bad penalties...be that "shut down" center everyone said Bolland was?</p>