SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="199907" data-time="1370845493">

Realistically your stat means everyone with a 1+ goals per series average and within the top 32 playoff goal scorers.  When looking at outright scoring threats, we'll take it to top-13 (2+ goals per series average...i.e. 6 goals or more) and we go back to the 2 players on Boston to the 4 players on Chicago.  Boston has not had to face that yet. 

In fact, I question Pittsburgh's legitimacy as an "elite scoring threat" based on raw stats (not on precedent).  Malkin, Iginla, & Morrow are absent from that list.  The real question is did Boston shut all of them down or were they just having a shitty playoff run?  Honestly, I think it's a little of both.

I think Boston's D will have their hands full stopping 4 legitimate scoring threats on Chicago at least as much as Chicago's D will have stopping 2 legitimate threats with 4 secondary scorers.</p></blockquote>

Lol, malkin, crosby and iginla were at the top of the league in scoring before they ran into boston. Not exactly a crummy playoff run for them.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston plays a style of hockey that can quell talent with a patient dump and chase.</p>

</p>

It isnt comparing the Hawks to Pitt, but it is important to note how little the big names for Pitt ended up on the score board. Boston knows how to play against talent. Not respecting Boston is a mistake.</p>

</p>

Hawks in 7, each team will drop a game at home in the first 4.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
After listening to Eddie O today on the Score, he thought it was a pretty much even match up with these two teams with the one edge going to the Bruins and that was faceoffs, which is a huge swing IMO, but I would think the speed is more in the Hawks favor. He also thinks this series is going the distance.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199937" data-time="1370879067">
<div>

Lol, malkin, crosby and iginla were at the top of the league in scoring before they ran into boston. Not exactly a crummy playoff run for them.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yes...they were impressive......vs the mighty ISLE's</p>

</p>

Iginla...9pts vs NYI....3 the next 2 series</p>

Malkin..11pts vs NYI....5 the next 2 series</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199944" data-time="1370879467">

Yes...they were impressive......vs the mighty ISLE's

Iginla...9pts vs NYI....3 the next 2 series

Malkin..11pts vs NYI....5 the next 2 series</p></blockquote>

You and your fact-based stats.

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita" data-cid="199955" data-time="1370880971">

You and your fact-based stats.</p></blockquote>

Ok, here's a fact. Patrick kane has done nothing in the playoffs up until last saturday. So if you are going to criticize malkn and crosby...oh and toews has like 9 points in 17 games.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199957" data-time="1370881403">
<div>

Ok, here's a fact. Patrick kane has done nothing in the playoffs up until last saturday. So if you are going to criticize malkn and crosby...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Exactly</p>

</p>

5pts in 5gms vs MIN</p>

4pts in 7gms vs DET</p>

5pts in 5gms vs LA</p>

</p>

Tied for team lead in pts...leading team in shots...</p>

</p>

This guy is a slug.  Get rid of him.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks in 6.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
steve1.jpg
</p>

</p>

bannermyspace01.gif
</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
 Toews has done nothing...Kane nothing (until saturday)....yet the Hawks find themselves in the Cup finals</p>

</p>

And they didn't have to get past the Leafs or the Rangers.  I mean, I know Tyler Bozak is a stud...and Rick Nash has always been a dominant playoff performer...but still, not to bad.</p>

</p>

So break out your baggy jean shorts Boston and make your way to the Garden, yo!</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
This series is honestly a huge tossup.  With neither of the 2013 rosters playing against one another, all we have are stats against other teams from the same conference.

Both teams got scares from lesser opponents (Leafs, Wings).

RK said it a few posts back-- the Hawks are very good at home.  That could honestly be the deciding factor.

You can say that Toews has been pedestrian, but the chemistry that Kane and him have is undeniable.  </p>

</p>

The Hawks have heard all of the "facts" spewed against them:

They never have come back from 3-1 down.  </p>

Kings don't lose at home.

Rask gives up 2 against "The Mighty Pens."</p>

Boston has a 5-1 all time series advantage.

I guess we'll see.  

Every series is different.

</p>

I compare the Bruins sweep of the Pens to the Hawks sweep of the Sharks in 2010.

Bruins matched up very well, there's no denying that.

If Rask can play near-godlike for the B's, then we may be seeing 7 1-0 games. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Really?  Comparing Leafs vs Wings?</p>

</p>

Wings at least have Cup winners on that team...and some world class talent in - Datsyuk, Zetteberg, Filpula, Franzen, Kronwall....as well as Howard. </p>

</p>

Leafs?</p>

</p>

Hell...Minny at least had soon to be Norris winner in Suter...Koivu, Parise are better than anyone TOR wishes they had.</p>

</p>

And don't get me started on the Columbus Rangers being a good team, lol</p>

</p>

But let Boston hang their straight brimmed hat and wife beater shirts on those playoff wins</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199972" data-time="1370883178">
<div>

Really?  Comparing Leafs vs Wings?</p>

</p>

Wings at least have Cup winners on that team...and some world class talent in - Datsyuk, Zetteberg, Filpula, Franzen, Kronwall....as well as Howard. </p>

</p>

Leafs?</p>

</p>

Hell...Minny at least had soon to be Norris winner in Suter...Koivu, Parise are better than anyone TOR wishes they had.</p>

</p>

And don't get me started on the Columbus Rangers being a good team, lol</p>

</p>

But let Boston hang their straight brimmed hat and wife beater shirts on those playoff wins</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

My comparison is that both teams had to wake up in order to win.</p>

Hawks needed 3 games, Boston needed 20 minutes. </p>

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199972" data-time="1370883178">

Really?  Comparing Leafs vs Wings?

Wings at least have Cup winners on that team...and some world class talent in - Datsyuk, Zetteberg, Filpula, Franzen, Kronwall....as well as Howard. 

Leafs?

Hell...Minny at least had soon to be Norris winner in Suter...Koivu, Parise are better than anyone TOR wishes they had.

And don't get me started on the Columbus Rangers being a good team, lol

But let Boston hang their straight brimmed hat and wife beater shirts on those playoff wins</p></blockquote>

We play whoever we are scheduled to play against - whether it's the leafs, rangers, pens or hawks. Toronto is definitely not a great team and a lot of their games they won against the b's were of the 2-1 or 3-2 kind. So it's not like the leafs dominated the bruins. Besides, i can make similar remarks about LA, who has no offesne and got poor goaltending by quick.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're one year removed from an 8 seed winning the cup.

Anything can happen.</p>

Game 1 is just that-- one game, but it could be very telling. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yes, the defending cup champs with the same roster they won the cup with...can be compared to TOR and/or the Rangers.  You can make similar remarks...and continue the laughs</p>

GrimlockAutobot

Liked Posts:
Holding Down The Fort in the Baltimore /Philly Are
@bruinsfan37

There has to be plenty of Bruins fan boards out there that you can hang out at instead of being a troll here?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199957" data-time="1370881403">
<div>

Ok, here's a fact. Patrick kane has done nothing in the playoffs up until last saturday. So if you are going to criticize malkn and crosby...oh and toews has like 9 points in 17 games.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I think if you take away the 14pts in 17gms for Kane...he hasn't done much.  Even on a larger scale...remove the 66pts in his 68gms in his playoff career - he hasn't been a playoff performer</p>

GrimlockAutobot

Liked Posts:
Holding Down The Fort in the Baltimore /Philly Are
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="199978" data-time="1370883624">

We play whoever we are scheduled to play against - whether it's the leafs, rangers, pens or hawks. Toronto is definitely not a great team and a lot of their games they won against the b's were of the 2-1 or 3-2 kind. So it's not like the leafs dominated the bruins. Besides, i can make similar remarks about LA, who has no offesne and got poor goaltending by quick.</p></blockquote>

Quick is the best goaltender in the game. Better than Rask. Better than Crawford.

He had a bad series because the Hawks were so good. Not the other way around.

If the Hawks can make the game's best goalie look mortal then they can and will get some goals off of Rask.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Krejci is overrated, can't wait to see Keith and Hammer shut him down.</p>

</p>

BOSTON WEAK</p>