SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Might want to sit Sharp and Saad as well...because Sharp did on the first one and Saad in OT before Craw bailed him out</p>

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
At least Sharp and Saad can make up for it with their skating and scoring capabilities. Bollig has neither.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And what can Stalberg do?</p>

</p>

His 1g in 28 playoff games impressive?</p>

</p>

Or his 0g in his last 20 games?</p>

</p>

If you haven't noticed, being a fast skater doesn't mean shit when you can't get the puck in the NZ with speed - which he hasn't done vs Minny, vs DET, or vs LA - and BOS has been the best team defence system in the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Bollig had a good game 1.  Yes, was late getting to the boards in game 2.  But the fourth line was in the BOS zone damn near every shift they were out there as well, putting pressure on BOS. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
 And Bollig and Stalberg are different players.</p>

</p>

Bollig plays the LW - Stalberg RW</p>

</p>

Bollig more physical - Stalberg more speed</p>

</p>

Moving Bolland up to line 3 is what took Stalberg out of the lineup...more than inserting Bollig for Stalberg.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah the blame game...</p>

</p>

I am going to say the whole offense since they scored 1.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="201229" data-time="1371479997">
<div>

Ah the blame game...</p>

</p>

I am going to say the whole offense since they scored 1.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Exactly.  They scored 1g....were they expecting to win 1-0?</p>

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201226" data-time="1371479561">
<div>

And what can Stalberg do?</p>

</p>

His 1g in 28 playoff games impressive?</p>

</p>

Or his 0g in his last 20 games?</p>

</p>

If you haven't noticed, being a fast skater doesn't mean shit when you can't get the puck in the NZ with speed - which he hasn't done vs Minny, vs DET, or vs LA - and BOS has been the best team defence system in the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Bollig had a good game 1.  Yes, was late getting to the boards in game 2.  But the fourth line was in the BOS zone damn near every shift they were out there as well, putting pressure on BOS. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm all for a fresh set of legs, given the four OTs in the past two games.</p>

</p>

I'm even reading Carcillo's name being thrown around...but I don't want to even go there.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I blame Yoko.</p>

</p>

yoko.jpg
</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201227" data-time="1371479648">
<div>

And Bollig and Stalberg are different players.</p>

</p>

Bollig plays the LW - Stalberg RW</p>

</p>

Bollig more physical - Stalberg more speed</p>

</p>

Moving Bolland up to line 3 is what took Stalberg out of the lineup...more than inserting Bollig for Stalberg.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Stats change every game, people keep posting stats like its set in stone, Stalberg has basically started every game in the regular season, how many games has Bollig started? If you want to go with stats then</p>

How many games has Stalberg cost the Hawks and how many has Bollig ( difference in games played)?</p>

How many goals has Stalberg scored in the season and how many has Bollig scored?</p>

How many assists has Stalberg had season and playoffs and how many has Bollig had?</p>

</p>

People mention, Oh Bollig played in game three against the WIld? WELL WHAT HAPPENED? WE LOST!</p>

</p>

Being a big body does not mean you know how to play, Boston has yet to have played any goon style, they just playing great hockey and blocking shots. YOU CAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH SPEED. AGAIN just because Stalberg is not scoring does not mean he is not creating chances for others. To bench him before the Boston is pretty fucken pathetic, what if he finds his game against Boston, what if Boston is the team he actually can score against, its not like played against them and stunk it up. I really don't understand the thought process in this organization anymore, you got here to win the cup, you got here with a team that included Stalberg in the line up, GO WITH WHAT GOT YOU HERE!, THere is a reason why Bollig is not in the every day lineup. IF Stalberg was in there when Seebrook swung the pass around the boards to him, what are the chances of him losing the puck. This is called not playing for a while. You always play the players that give you the best possible chances to win. Bollig is not one of them. I would have gone with Mayers over Bollig.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Carcillo has playoff experience - been to a cup.  Been a more productive player than the great Viktor Stalberg in the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Has the "fresh legs" you refer to</p>

</p>

Isn't afraid to go to corners, go to the net, win board battles, is good on the forecheck - all things important in the series.</p>

</p>

Speed is good if 1) you can get the puck in stride/open ice and 2) you have the ability to create offence on your own with that speed</p>

</p>

BOS is the best team in the league right now at using their size/system to push everything to the outside. Crosby and Malkin found that out.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Just win, Baby!</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
 LOL....Bollig has dressed in 30 to Mayers 19...not sure what your point is in "who's dressed in more games"?</p>

</p>

Big body doesn't mean you can play but being a fast skater does?</p>

</p>

And the "what if" Seebrook passed to Stalberg in the second period and it hops over his stick as he vacated the zone too early, giving BOS a goal?  Or what if Stalberg sits and pouts on the bench because he's not playing as much as he thinks he should, and doesn't make a pass/play on the ice due to selfishness?</p>

</p>

Bollig isn't just a goon.  He's a physical player - theres a difference.</p>

</p>

How many hits does Bollig have in games played to Stalberg?  Thats why he's dressed.  He has more hits in 5gms than Vik in 17.  The Hawks physical play was a big reason they won game 1.</p>

</p>

How many of the Hawks goals scored were because of "speed" and how many because of grit/tough play around the net?</p>

</p>

I really don't understand the thought process in this fan base anymore, they got here to the cup finals for the second time in 4 years, but alledgely don't have a clue what they're doing</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Key to this: 60 minute effort.  After the 1st we tailed off a lot and there's no real excuse anyone can come up with that doesn't not equate to us not deserving the cup.</p>

</p>

The blown goal sucked, but again. bad officiating is no excuse.</p>

</p>

The stars need to be stars, the depth guys need to play more like game 1, and Q needs to get the hot poker ready for Kompon's asshole to get the PP in gear.</p>

</p>

Game should be winnable, a battle to be won, but winnable nonetheless.  This searies is like the Battle of the Somne--2 equally matched teams slugging it out.  The team that leaves anything on the table loses. </p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
So far in the Finals,  seems like the first team that scores loses.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GrimlockAutobot" data-cid="201209" data-time="1371467969">
<div>

Hawks vs Bruins in Beantown tonight.

I'm a diehard Hawks fan of 20+ years and I'll say that I don't like our chances in this game or in the series. Losing home ice hurt this team's chances... ALOT.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

...BUT we've won a game on the road in every series and  we have home ice advantage in every series and haven't lost more than one game at home in any series.</p>

</p>

I expect us to be 2-2, at worst, heading home.</p>

</p>

Hope Stalberg is in tonight and Toews starts putting up some points starting tonight (which should mean that our PP is starting to work - read somewhere that Toews has 28 points in post-season play history with 14G-14A and that 10G-11A are PP points).</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201252" data-time="1371483038">
<div>

He should get the hot poker for Toew's ass to produce on the PP</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Q called out Kaner and he started producing...</p>

...Maybe he needs to do the same with Toews.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="201208" data-time="1371464584">
<div>

Walkom isn't one of the officials in the final series. Brad Watson, Wes McCauley, Dan O'Halloran and Chris Rooney are the referees who are calling this series.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, we'll Rooney'll prolly go down with MRSA (facewash from Ras<strike>h</strike>k) and Walkom'll replace him. :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Biscuitinthebasklik" data-cid="201210" data-time="1371472859">
<div>

I have a good feeling that the 'Hawks are going to win their first game 3 of these playoffs tonight!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

They have won on the road in every sewries.  Why not tonight??????  Give it to the Broons!  :eek:bscene-sexualdoggy:</p>

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
Today's morning skate lines:</p>

</p>

Saad-Toews-Hossa</p>

Sharp-Handzus-Kane</p>

Bickell-Bolland-Shaw</p>

Frolik-Kruger-Stalberg.</p>

</p>

Bollig on "fifth line"</p>

</p>

Read into it what you will.....</p>