SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
The teams are so evenly matched that it will come down to which team has the better form for the day. Any past statistics of how a team that did X will do Y are ultimately just fun trivia and has no bearing on what the future will bring. It's almost like if you flipped a coin and get 10 heads in a row, the odds that you will get tails the next throw is still 50/50, no matter what your intuition or brain will try to tell you.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well. . .alrighty then. . .</p>

</p>

</p>

s2ceop.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

:icon-lol:</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201272" data-time="1371487245">
<div>

I've got no doom and gloom!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I though you were bookjones, astute hockey analyst, NOT "some of our posters." :icon-wink:</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="201282" data-time="1371489257">
<div>

The teams are so evenly matched that it will come down to which team has the better form for the day. Any past statistics of how a team that did X will do Y are ultimately just fun trivia and has no bearing on what the future will bring. It's almost like if you flipped a coin and get 10 heads in a row, the odds that you will get tails the next throw is still 50/50, no matter what your intuition or brain will try to tell you.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

So what you're saying is they should play each other and see who wins.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201286" data-time="1371490545">
<div>

So what you're saying is they should play each other and see who wins.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I know it's out there, but yeah.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201283" data-time="1371489521">

Well. . .alrighty then. . .

s2ceop.png

Picture taken in Bookjones front yard.

:icon-lol:</p></blockquote>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201285" data-time="1371490472">
<div>

I though you were bookjones, astute hockey analyst, NOT "some of our posters." :icon-wink:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Asshatty maybe but astute not so much. In any event, IT'S GAME DAY OF THE SCF! so I couldn't help myself from just piping up when I read your post as you said many good things Judge Yoda. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="201289" data-time="1371491083">
<div>

I know it's out there, but yeah.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I like your pioneer spirit (though it can be lonely, at times)!</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201291" data-time="1371491936">
<div>

Asshatty maybe but astute not so much. In any event, IT'S GAME DAY OF THE SCF! so I couldn't help myself from just piping up when I read your post as you said many good things Judge Yoda. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

off-topic, an asshat always looks good on a bubble-butt!</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="201290" data-time="1371491392">
<div>

</p>

Picture taken in Bookjones front yard.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Oooh. . .BURN! </p>

</p>

</p>

You have some sort of beef with HARDCORE fandom talismans, iconography, or totems? Lightweight. :p</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
In the next 2 games where, in all likelihood, the entirety of both will be played with a one goal differential, to say something is impossible is crazy. One shot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201252" data-time="1371483038">
<div>

He should get the hot poker for Toews' ass to produce on the PP</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I've been thinking about this:</p>

</p>

Our powerplay woes predate Kompon...and Kitch if I remember correctly.

</p>

Right now it seems Leddy and Kane are the only two guys that can efficintly gain the zone with any regularity--so why are they on the same unit?  Also, almost ever player on the units seems to look for the perfect shot or pass, and is willing to turn the puck over waiting for the perfect shot or pass.  So far it's the ugly goals which have beat Rask--him well-screened, him pulled out of position, or multiple deflections.  We're not seeing this at all.</p>

</p>

Toews IMHO needs to hot poker to just produce.  Either he's playing so injured it's really affecting his game or he needs to wake the hell up.  But really, I think it's the players who play the PP and Q that might need the hot poker befor Kompost.  Hell, for all we know trying a repeat of the franken-PP-unit (something like Leddy, Rosie, Bickell, Shaw, and Frolik) might actually work because they might be more inclined to keep in simple and look for the ugly ones.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201294" data-time="1371492064">
<div>

Oooh. . .BURN! </p>

</p>

</p>

You have some sort of beef with HARDCORE fandom talismans, iconography, or totems? Lightweight. :icon-razz:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I knew it wasn't your front yard, it didnt have any funky fuckin shoes.  Couldn't possibly be.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="201297" data-time="1371492723">
<div>

I knew it wasn't your front yard, it didnt have any funky fuckin shoes.  Couldn't possibly be.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

BINGO! You are the only one here who truly understands me and the depths of my shallowness! {{smooches}} Of course, I would put a pair of shoes on a fucking Hawks hockey<strike> scarecrow </strike> Golem. D'uh!</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:laughing-rolling:  Oh NHL, please never stop ceasing to amaze me with your organizational #FAIL.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

33djmsz.png
</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jumbo shrimp???</p>

free gift???</p>

depths of my shallowness???</p>

</p>

:eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stalberg confirmed in for Game 3. Secret weapon. So secret, you won't even see him.</p>

</p>

</p>

BOSTON -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg will play in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals against the Boston Bruins on Monday after being a healthy scratch for the first two games of the series, coach Joel Quenneville said.</p>

"I think we need some speed from him," Quenneville said. "I think we need energy. I think that he's a threat off the rush, in zone, defensively responsible. You know, bring energy."</p>

Stalberg, who is known for his speed and offensive game, was replaced by forward Brandon Bollig in the first two games. Quenneville said before Game 1 he wanted to use Bollig's physical play against the Bruins.</p>

</p>

Stalberg skated with Marcus Kruger and Michael Frolik on the team's fourth line during Monday's morning skate at TD Garden. Bollig was not included in the team's top four lines.</p>

Bollig played 14 shifts and had 8:42 of ice time during the Blackhawks' 2-1 overtime loss to the Bruins in Game 2 on Saturday. He had no shots on goal, zero hits, two giveaways and a minus-1 rating.</p>

Bollig was unable to corral a pass from teammate Brent Seabrook along the boards in overtime, and the Bruins retrieved the puck and scored moments later for the game winner. Quenneville spoke positively about Bollig after Game 2.</p>

"I think Bollig gave us a couple real strong games," Quenneville said. "You can talk about the last play. Certainly you like the predictability of his game. I thought he did a nice job. Viktor, we're just looking for more. I think offensively, defensively, giving us some more in both those areas."</p>

Stalberg has no goals, three assists and a minus-1 rating in 15 playoff games this season. He had nine goals and 14 assists in the regular season.</p>

"Hopefully I can be a factor," Stalberg said. "Hopefully I can make a difference. That's what I'm trying to do. I think I can. I just got to go out there, not overthink things too much and try not to do too much. That's one of the traps you can get into when you're sitting out."</p>

Quenneville also benched Stalberg for two games against the Detroit Red Wings in the Western Conference semifinals. Daniel Carcillo replaced Stalberg in the two games against the Red Wings. Stalberg returned for Game 3 against the Red Wings and played in 10 consecutive games leading up to the Stanley Cup finals.</p>

Stalberg's playing time in the playoffs has often been less than what he was given in the regular season. He averaged 14:07 of ice time in 47 regular-season games and has played more than 12 minutes just twice in the playoffs. He's played less than 10 minutes in seven of those games.</p>

"You got to find a way to contribute something," Stalberg said. "I think I was trying to do that in the other series. Maybe it didn't show up on the scoreboard. At the same time with those minutes, that may not be what you're looking to do. Trying to get some energy, trying to leave the ice time of the other guys at that point. Certainly, if that's the case, you try to do everything you can with the limited time. Just try to prepare as you can. It's tough at times. The motivation should be in the Stanley Cup final, for sure."</p>

The Blackhawks' other lines during the morning skate Monday were Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Marian HossaPatrick Kane-Michal Handzus-Patrick Sharp and Andrew Shaw-Dave Bolland-Bryan Bickell.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Stalberg should quit the crying/excuses of ice time already.</p>

</p>

Want to be in the lineup/more ice time?  Produce.  Coaches don't bench guys that are scoring/producing.</p>

</p>

Even strength in the playoffs -</p>

Stalberg - 10:47gm - 0g</p>

Kruger - 10:14gm - 2g</p>

Frolik - 9:52gm - 3g</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well, if Viktor can score...he'll be tied with Toews in goals.</p>

</p>

Hell, Crawford is only 1 behind JT</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201302" data-time="1371494092">
<div>

Stalberg should quit the crying/excuses of ice time already.</p>

</p>

Want to be in the lineup/more ice time?  Produce.  Coaches don't bench guys that are scoring/producing.</p>

</p>

Even strength in the playoffs -</p>

Stalberg - 10:47gm - 0g</p>

Kruger - 10:14gm - 2g</p>

Frolik - 9:52gm - 3g</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Have Stalberg put a fake C on his jersey. I'm sure he can do this</p>

</p>

Toews - 22:07gm - 1g</p>