SCF-6/17 Game 3: Blackhawks (1) vs Bruins (1) NBCS 7PM CST.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiHawksFan" data-cid="201257" data-time="1371483779">
<div>

Today's morning skate lines:</p>

</p>

Saad-Toews-Hossa</p>

Sharp-Handzus-Kane</p>

Bickell-Bolland-Shaw</p>

Frolik-Kruger-Stalberg.</p>

</p>

Bollig on "fifth line"</p>

</p>

Read into it what you will.....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I'd flip the centers on the top two lines and flip Saad and Bickell.</p>

</p>

Anyone got Q's cell #?</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Not a problem with that lineup either</p>

</p>

And if he wants to dress in game 4...here's a wacky idea - produce.  Score a fucking goal.  Go to the net.  Do something.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201241" data-time="1371480874">
<div>

Carcillo has playoff experience - been to a cup.  Been a more productive player than the great Viktor Stalberg in the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Has the "fresh legs" you refer to</p>

</p>

Isn't afraid to go to corners, go to the net, win board battles, is good on the forecheck - all things important in the series.</p>

</p>

Speed is good if 1) you can get the puck in stride/open ice and 2) you have the ability to create offence on your own with that speed</p>

</p>

BOS is the best team in the league right now at using their size/system to push everything to the outside. Crosby and Malkin found that out.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

How many dumb penalties will he take? He might get more minutes in box than actually on ice. No bueno.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Not a problem with that lineup either</p>

</p>

And if he wants to dress in game 4...here's a wacky idea - produce.  Score a fucking goal.  Go to the net.  Do something.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201258" data-time="1371484126">
<div>

I'd flip the centers on the top two lines and flip Saad and Bickell.</p>

</p>

Anyone got Q's cell #?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Why not Bickell on the top line? it was working, unless they are trying to bring the the salary so they can afford him. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yes...that's exactly what they're trying to do...bring salaries down</p>

</p>

I think Saad's goal came with Toews and Hossa</p>

</p>

And the Bolland/Bickell/Shaw line in game 1 produced 2 goals (including the GW)</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="201264" data-time="1371484991">
<div>

Why not Bickell on the top line? it was working, unless they are trying to bring the the salary so they can afford him. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If you flip Saad and Bickell, Bickell is on the top line.</p>

</p>

As an aside, and not pointed at you, particularly, enough of the gloom and doom from some of our posters, please?</p>

</p>

We're nearly 500 on the road (3-4) including beating the Wings in an elimination game at the Joe and stopping the Kings 15 game winning streak at home. </p>

</p>

Enuff already. Go Hawks! Let's win!</p>

</p>

Thanks!</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201267" data-time="1371485643">
<div>

</p>

As an aside, and not pointed at you, particularly, enough of the gloom and doom from some of our posters, please?</p>

</p>

We're nearly 500 on the road (3-4) including beating the Wings in an elimination game at the Joe and stopping the Kings 15 game winning streak at home. </p>

</p>

</p>

Thanks!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I understand no harm, fans come in all different ways of thinking, some look at it as doom and some gloom, Im half away. I know they are so evenally  matched thus why we had two overtimes, I just dont understand why this team shows up when its backs are torwards the wall, especially the core. But I agree this team plays better on the road, But it will not be easy in Boston, I think its harder to win there then it is in LA or the Joe.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201216" data-time="1371478044">
<div>

Seriously...</p>

</p>

I was reading threads elsewhere (so not just here)...and it kills me.  This team wasn't even picked to be top 3 in the conference...and here they are with a best of 5 to win the Cup, versus BOS which is fielding as close as the exact same team they won the Cup with.</p>

</p>

They run off the best regular season in not just their history, but one in the NHL - and I read "Regular season means nothing"</p>

This team is too soft, needed more grit...GM didn't address this during the trade deadline...they're not built for playoffs</p>

Beat Minny - but Minny sucks...just wait.</p>

Go down 3-1 to DET - See, this team was over rated.  Out coached.  Too soft/not playoff built.  How many wins did LA have at home in a row in thhe playoffs? And they did it without their best Dman in Keith.</p>

VS LA - They'll pound CHI physically.  LA in 4.  CHI won't be able to handle their size.</p>

</p>

And now it's 1-1. Both games at times, each team took over the game.  Either team could be up 2-0....makes sense it's 1-1.  It's been about as even as possible.</p>

</p>

Some people write the Hawks need to play the full 60, Q is the "reason" they lost game 2, needs to juggle lines more/but then read some think he needs to just roll 4. </p>

</p>

Both teams are very good teams.  Winning or losing game 3 - isn't the series.  Nor will winning/losing game 4.  The series is never over until one team wins 4 games.  Neither team, OR COACH wants to lose.  At this point, it comes down to execution, timely saves, timely goals, playing perfect and/or capitalizing on mistakes.  No one should get fired/traded if a team loses/wins.  The guys want to win (on both sides)...and will play the full 60+ as hard as they can, regardless of "what some think" that they're not.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I would have changed things around a little after I saw how flat we where when the bad call was made.  But that's just me.  I didn't slam Q for anything though.  Nor would I have.  I would have also been playing Stalberg but that's just me.  But I'm not the only one that questioned that as I heard at preskate on Saturday.  Some that know far more about the game than I do were questioning it.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201230" data-time="1371480092">
<div>

Exactly.  They scored 1g....were they expecting to win 1-0?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Well they actually scored two but we know how that ended up.  LOL</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ha...right?</p>

</p>

I guess now instead of coaches saying "play to the whistle"....they need to teach players to "play until the intent to blow the whislte"</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201267" data-time="1371485643">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Thanks!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I've got no doom and gloom! Personally feeling fine that the Hawks are merely (for crissakes!) 1-1 in a 7 Gm. series. . .especially since I maintain that they *did* in fact win Gm. 2 but the NHL served the Bs the win, LOL.  In any event, this is why they play the games. I definitely feel like the Hawks can nab one of two games in BOS. Since the Gm. 2 loss though for some reason I have been feeling more like it might be Gm. 4.  I think being back at home for the first time of these SCF and the crowd being all pandemonium, etc. that it might all collectively be enough to give the Bs an edge for tonight.</p>

</p>

Then I saw this today too. . .</p>

</p>

</p>

f104jq.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

Meh, I don't give a fuck which Gm(s). they win---fangirl praying for 2 but will gladly take ANY kind of a split for what is a very, very tight SCF so far with so little margin for error.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is how I saw the first 2 games and my guess is it will end up 1 - 1 in BOS as well.</p>

</p>

I truly think we will be blessed with a Game 7 Cup Final. Even if the cost is a general worsening of my health.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hey....LA was what...14-0 at home during the playoffs the last 2 years?  No time better than tonight to change the 6 in a row</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="201276" data-time="1371487945">
<div>

Hey....LA was what...14-0 at home during the playoffs the last 2 years?  No time better than tonight to change the 6 in a row</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

in fact, I'd like to see the Bruins lose two in-a-row at home.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="201277" data-time="1371488236">
<div>

in fact, I'd like to see the Bruins lose two in-a-row at home.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

NO WAY will that happen. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="201272" data-time="1371487245">
<div>

I've got no doom and gloom! Personally feeling fine that the Hawks are merely (for crissakes!) 1-1 in a 7 Gm. series. . .especially since I maintain that they *did* in fact win Gm. 2 but the NHL served the Bs the win, LOL.  In any event, this is why they play the games. I definitely feel like the Hawks can nab one of two games in BOS. Since the Gm. 2 loss though for some reason I have been feeling more like it might be Gm. 4.  I think being back at home for the first time of these SCF and the crowd being all pandemonium, etc. that it might all collectively be enough to give the Bs an edge for tonight.</p>

</p>

Then I saw this today too. . .</p>

</p>

</p>

f104jq.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

Meh, I don't give a fuck which Gm. they win---fangirl praying for 2 but will gladly take ANY kind of a split for what is a very, very tight SCF so far with so little margin for error.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I am not a fan of these kind of stats with something like hockey. (Certainly no dig atcha Ms. B. Jones)</p>

</p>

I am a fan of certain types of data trending but for whole teams over the course of years with changes all around, it isnt a valid data set, but does allow sports writers to fill in blanks until puck drop.</p>

</p>

"But the Hawks are 2 - 7 in game 3's away!"</p>

</p>

Which means...what exactly...Monkey Math.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="201278" data-time="1371488509">
<div>

NO WAY will that happen. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Becuase even the Leafs couldn't beat 'em two in a row at the Gardens.</p>

</p>

...oh wait,</p>

</p>

...they</p>

</p>

...did!</p>