Schefter: Multiple teams contacted Bears about Jordan Howard

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No Howard isn’t a malcontent. He’s a total team player. AB has turned into a Brandon Marshall/TO type head case.

The Howard market just depends on supply and demand. After Bell there is a huge drop off in FA. Plus the draft seems to be a weak rb draft

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bell, Coleman, Ingram, Yeldon. That's really it for the RB market and those four aren't a strong group. I'm personally not a big fan of this RB draft class, don't think there's a real standout guy after the two Alabama guys and Henderson. Someone might fall in love with Sanders too. So there could be a pretty good market for Howard after the first few FA RB signings.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard is like having a good wing in basketball who cannot shoot 3s.

It is nice to have them for defense and some fast breaks, but they do not fit and may even hinder what you want to do on offense. Despite being able to score in their way.

So you don’t want us to get Zion?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think there are Jordan Howards in every draft what BS, the dude is a boss in the right scheme and could be a 1500 yard rusher with full health on a good team...you put him on the Lions, Bucs or Jets and he instantly improves those teams

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think there are Jordan Howards in every draft what BS, the dude is a boss in the right scheme and could be a 1500 yard rusher with full health on a good team...you put him on the Lions, Bucs or Jets and he instantly improves those teams

No he doesn't.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Those are really bad teams, of course they improve.

We are talking about going from really good to great.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No Howard isn’t a malcontent. He’s a total team player. AB has turned into a Brandon Marshall/TO type head case.

The Howard market just depends on supply and demand. After Bell there is a huge drop off in FA. Plus the draft seems to be a weak rb draft

Agreed, those markets are totally different.

Howard makes 1/10 of what Brown makes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is more like when the Bulls wanted to play up tempo and shoot 3s without Jimmy Butler and instead they had one of the slowest most isolation offenses in the league.

Production is not always a positive.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:

Those teams willing to pay him 6+ a year? But if he does go we are immediately a worse team we don’t replace him in FA. Don’t care if we draft a rb they aren’t proven. I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Those teams willing to pay him 6+ a year? But if he does go we are immediately a worse team we don’t replace him in FA. Don’t care if we draft a rb they aren’t proven. I agree
If Bears did get at least couple 5th Rd offers for Howard -- then Bears are going to get a replacement in FA, and draft a RB too. Generally speaking Cohen is the only for sure keeper.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So the Bears are a worse team even if they draft a late round RB that fits their scheme better at this time? I mean, of course, when have the Bears ever drafted a RB in the 5th round that could help the team immediately?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The Knicks are getting Zion but the Bulls would look real nice with Ja Morant running the point and Z.Lavine at SG and Dunn backing up Morant.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Knicks are getting Zion but the Bulls would look real nice with Ja Morant running the point and Z.Lavine at SG and Dunn backing up Morant.
Good God, I hate NBA basketball and even I know the odds for the draft lottery no longer favor the worst team to any great degree.
Here is the current odds.

New York Knicks: 13-52 (14.0 percent odds)
Phoenix Suns: 15-51 (14.0 percent odds)
Cleveland Cavaliers: 16-49 (14.0 percent odds)
Chicago Bulls: 19-47 (12.5 percent odds)

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
If Bears did get at least couple 5th Rd offers for Howard -- then Bears are going to get a replacement in FA, and draft a RB too. Generally speaking Cohen is the only for sure keeper.

The word there is IF and we know nothing except they are looking around. IF there is nothing pace or nagy like why force a trade when nothing coming back would be equal or better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
So the Bears are a worse team even if they draft a late round RB that fits their scheme better at this time? I mean, of course, when have the Bears ever drafted a RB in the 5th round that could help the team immediately?

Yes that’s a fact and 5 th round gems don’t fall from every bears tree. It’s nice that we have had success in the late rounds but you can’t bank on it all the time,

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The word there is IF and we know nothing except they are looking around. IF there is nothing pace or nagy like why force a trade when nothing coming back would be equal or better

Because IF they have no intention of re-signing Howard, then signing a 1 or 2 season replacement in Ingram makes sense....

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy was truly in on Hunt. Pace seemed to be more apprehensive, which IMO would be the issue. I honestly don't think it was nixed atop Halas Hall because they are loath to be involved in anything, and I've never heard them nixing anyone before (remember when Pace signed Jay Ratliff?). It would be against historic precedent for the McCaskey's to overrule the GM on personnel matters.

I think Pace was waiting for the situation to cool down, perhaps for the league to weigh in on Hunt's suspension, and (typical Pace) also take time to gauge "fan reaction" to the potential acquisition of Hunt to see if it would be too negative. Pace wanted to perform an extensive case study on the Hunt situation before making a move, and the Browns acted decisively. JMO.

I think you mean Ray McDonald. Pace cut Ratliff.