Schefter: Multiple teams contacted Bears about Jordan Howard

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard truthers? Dude you have gone off the deep end.

Halftime is a Howard truther.

On Twitter they are running rampant. Being led by the Bears Bar Room crew.

I am not sure what is deep end about that?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He gets this way every year cause he wants his mock offseason to finally match what pace does lol

That is it. Open up the internet and you will find the Howard truthers. One guy on Twitter last night was arguing that the Bears should hold out for a top 10 pick.

Search Draft DR Phil and Howard, you would think they were related.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Has the idea to keep him for insurance until the trade deadline come up?

Keep him. Draft one. Work in Nall or sign Ware., release Cunningham. . And make an informed decision on Howard at the deadline when multiple teams may be inclined to pay more aftervinjuries.

His value can’t get worse and right now it isn’t worth his potential and insurance to the Bears, imo

It depends he isn’t making 5th round money anymore he makes 2 mil. So it all depends on what the offseason game plan is and how important that 2 mil is to achieve the offseason goals.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this is a 50/50 thing.

I am not convinced a team gives them a pick worth making the move. They may wait til someone is desperate at the deadline.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think this is a 50/50 thing.

I am not convinced a team gives them a pick worth making the move. They may wait til someone is desperate at the deadline.

Without our first and second round pick, our third round pick is late in that round, and low amount of cap dollars to spend I would just roll with Cohen Howard and draft pick and see what happens before trading him

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
2 mil is probably his value right now and good for him he achieved way over his draft status.

5th is the least I take, or keep him and use him in the same manner for one more year.

I still think Bell could possibly be in play though, if pace can restructure a few deals...

I would even entertain McCoy for one more season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I used to be called a troll, now I'm a Howard Truther. I'm making progress.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I used to be called a troll, now I'm a Howard Truther. I'm making progress.

It isn’t a bad thing. You believe in him.

I am not sure why people are so committed to him and I think you are wrong, but at least there are a couple legit reasons to take the position.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 mil is probably his value right now and good for him he achieved way over his draft status.

5th is the least I take, or keep him and use him in the same manner for one more year.

I still think Bell could possibly be in play though, if pace can restructure a few deals...

I would even entertain McCoy for one more season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I could see trading him during the draft to move up, which is what I think is going to happen. But it's not going to surprise me when his replacement is a bust, and we'll wish we kept him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5th is as low as I would take as well.

I think they could get that from a desperate team during the season.

It would be nice to add the picks this year as next year they should have twice as many.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I could see trading him during the draft to move up, which is what I think is going to happen. But it's not going to surprise me when his replacement is a bust, and we'll wish we kept him.

I would be surprised if his replacement busted.

Pace is 2/3 with langford being his first season. Since then he has added a wealth of offensive coaching talent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I understand that, but if we all had the same perspective, this board would be boring. The Reddit board kinda sucks that way.

I always appreciate a little counter pressure.

I also appreciate Remy sometimes, pre vortex, because before the hyperbole starts he makes solid points. Some of this is on Nagy. He took to long to adapt to a couple situations personnel wise on offense.

Now is the time when you can address the personnel so the coach isn’t in that situation again.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always appreciate a little counter pressure.

I also appreciate Remy sometimes, pre vortex, because before the hyperbole starts he makes solid points. Some of this is on Nagy. He took to long to adapt to a couple situations personnel wise on offense.

Now is the time when you can address the personnel so the coach isn’t in that situation again.

Yeah, Remy is smart af. You can tell. I can't run like that anymore because I'm just an average fan now.

I appreciate your knowledge of the game too. Especially prospects and the draft. I know I can come here and get a concise view of prospects without all the fluff.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't think Howard is the RB they want, so we will take whatever we can get for him before, or during, the draft.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Calling people truthers suggest Howard is a complete fallacy, like flat earth truthers. Is Howard an elite talent...no, but FFS since he entered the league he is 3rd in rushing With only Elliot, Gurley and him over 3000 yrds, and of the 18 RB's over 2000 yrds during that time he is 9th in YPA. You are acting like he is Harvey Unga or something

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
halftime just wants to make Jordan Howard great again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
5th is as low as I would take as well.

I think they could get that from a desperate team during the season.

It would be nice to add the picks this year as next year they should have twice as many.

I don't think any team would be in desperation mode to give up a 5th round pick for a legit north/south RB like J.Howard. Lets not act like Howard isn't a good RB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calling people truthers suggest Howard is a complete fallacy, like flat earth truthers. Is Howard an elite talent...no, but FFS since he entered the league he is 3rd in rushing With only Elliot, Gurley and him over 3000 yrds, and of the 18 RB's over 2000 yrds during that time he is 9th in YPA. You are acting like he is Harvey Unga or something

Him being elite is a fallacy. Saying he is untradeable is a fallacy.

He is very good at what he does, but many Bears fans overstate even that and the value of the positon he plays.

He is productive, but has only been so in bad offenses. The only time we have seen his skips and limitations in a non-bad offense is last season when it was not that good. Maybe his limitations hurt an offense and we never noticed because the offenses were so bad anyway.