Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is the Rory Vortex now a thing?
Yes and it is self sustaining. Sorta like one of those drinking bird toys from the 70's
PartialMagnificentFowl-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why was the OL all of a sudden better when Cohen ran the ball?

Cohen didn't run the ball up the middle like J.Howard pretty much always did. Can't even use the way each was used as a comparison.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cohen didn't run the ball up the middle like J.Howard pretty much always did. Can't even use the way each was used as a comparison.

All I know is that when we had a chance to win the Eagles game, on a perfect playcall, and perfect play execution, Jordan Howard went down on a fucking ARM TACKLE by a DB on a counter trap that should have went for a 50 yard TD.

Actually, even if he broke through the HAND tackle, I'm sure someone would have caught up to his slow fat ass before he ran 50 yards.

Cut the bum.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yea gonna be a pass from me too. Why the fuck would we want to infuse our young team with a 34 year old runningback.

Who cant catch or fit Nagy's system

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats only if trubs doesn't improve next year. If we are firing on all cylinders in the pass game and mitch improves to a top 10QB in the nfl, I have very much doubt we will run a similar offense to what happened the last 4-5 games.

That in my opinion is what they expect, for mitch to take the next step to being a very good/legit probowl QB. If that is the case, a running back like Jordan Howard doesn't have a major fit in this offense.

He'd be ideal getting 125-150 carries and sharing the bulk of the load with someone like Ware/Coleman/Draftpick. I seriously hope that is what ends up happening because I think it will prove fruitful

Many on here think I want to trade him no matter what(Well, just HeHateMe). Thats False. I think Howard has his place, just like you do, but he needs to be used properly and efficiently. I don't want Howard getting 250 carries again and would rather trade him than see that happen, however, on a reduced workload he has a place on this team where he can be very effective.

Whether Trubs improves or not there will likely be games were he struggles as no one plays well all 16 games. There will also likely be games where the best gameplan is to attack the other team running the ball. Teams like NE do this well where the gameplan depends on the opponent. That is the area that Nagy needs to improve in IMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
All I know is that when we had a chance to win the Eagles game, on a perfect playcall, and perfect play execution, Jordan Howard went down on a fucking ARM TACKLE by a DB on a counter trap that should have went for a 50 yard TD.

Actually, even if he broke through the HAND tackle, I'm sure someone would have caught up to his slow fat ass before he ran 50 yards.

Cut the bum.

Damn man you really do say some stupid shit sometimes.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard's YPC has went down each year he's been in the league. 3.7 is just brutal. So has his receptions.

I am ready to move on. Let's say the Bears get a 5th rounder for him and that gives them the ammunition to package a couple picks to move up and target Ryan Pace's RB of choice. I think it's worth it over 1 last year of service. He is such a terrible fit and IMO has slowed down. I don't see any chance they re-sign him.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The most frustrating thing about last years run game was when the OL and Howard put together an excellent string of rushes, gaining +4 yards or more a pop, the opponent defense reeling... and then Nagy would call a failing pass play or trick play that ends the drive.

Whether Howard is here or not, I hope Nagy learns to recognise momentum better. Teams don't recover from being gashed in the run game as well as the pass.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The total raw numbers don't back dat up doh.

Not sure what you are talking about. Generally speaking they are balanced with Howard in the game. That doesn't change the fact that on 3rd and 4, if you fail to bring in your passing down RB that teams may suspect run especially late in a game and when settling for a FG. Not sure why this confuses you.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
It's not about run pass predictably, it's about predictably within the passing game. You cannot create a mismatch with Jordan Howard in the passing game. That's what the entire offense is based on.

I don't know what anyone is arguing about. Matt Nagy can alter his entire offense too fit one player, or he can get a player who fits what he wants to do. I don't understand what people think should happen...as near as I can tell we want Nagy to bring back Dowell Loggains' offense so Jordan Howard can stick around? I don't get it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It's not about run pass predictably, it's about predictably within the passing game. You cannot create a mismatch with Jordan Howard in the passing game. That's what the entire offense is based on.

I don't know what anyone is arguing about. Matt Nagy can alter his entire offense too fit one player, or he can get a player who fits what he wants to do. I don't understand what people think should happen...as near as I can tell we want Nagy to bring back Dowell Loggains' offense so Jordan Howard can stick around? I don't get it.

Agree 100%

I would also say this is a pass first offense, so our "balance" is going to be passingvmore than 60% of the time. If that ratio gets down to 50%, it isnt a sign its working...its a sign something is likely wrong...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Nagy was truly in on Hunt. Pace seemed to be more apprehensive, which IMO would be the issue. I honestly don't think it was nixed atop Halas Hall because they are loath to be involved in anything, and I've never heard them nixing anyone before (remember when Pace signed Jay Ratliff?). It would be against historic precedent for the McCaskey's to overrule the GM on personnel matters.

I think Pace was waiting for the situation to cool down, perhaps for the league to weigh in on Hunt's suspension, and (typical Pace) also take time to gauge "fan reaction" to the potential acquisition of Hunt to see if it would be too negative. Pace wanted to perform an extensive case study on the Hunt situation before making a move, and the Browns acted decisively. JMO.

Pace had to get the OK from George when it came to Ray McDonald. That failed, so I'm 100% positive George would have had to give the OK for Hunt. It was not up to NAgy or Pace, all from up above. I do agree that I think for sure Nagy wanted him and I think Pace was luke warm based on getting burned before with McDonald. Ultimately, it would have or could have been George's call.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The above is a comment about mismatches not predictability. We all know Cohen is a mismatch. That was not what the poster that brought up predictability was referring to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agree 100%

I would also say this is a pass first offense, so our "balance" is going to be passingvmore than 60% of the time. If that ratio gets down to 50%, it isnt a sign its working...its a sign something is likely wrong...

Misleading. Howard is 50/50 because he is not taking a lot of snaps in obvious passing downs. Those are going to Cohen.

The overall offense is closer 60-40 pass run which is fine.

Whether we keep Howard or not his replacement is likely to play more on run downs with Cohen more on passing downs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Misleading. Howard is 50/50 because he is not taking a lot of snaps in obvious passing downs. Those are going to Cohen.

The overall offense is closer 60-40 pass run which is fine.

Whether we keep Howard or not his replacement is likely to play more on run downs with Cohen more on passing downs.

Bears actually passed 54.8% of the time which was 6th lowest in the league.....the percentage was almost exactly the same as Fox's offense the previous year.