Shaq says All-Time Lakers team beats All-Time Bulls team by 50!!!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole don't bet against Jordan would be fine if he wasn't facing 4 of the top 10 players of all time. Jordan may be the goat but he isn't significantly better then Kobe. He is better but Kobe would give him hell. And do people forget who was the first lebron James. That was magic. Who defends him? D Rose? If you are saying by 50 is ludicrous then alright but they would win and it wouldn't be all that close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The whole don't bet against Jordan would be fine if he wasn't facing 4 of the top 10 players of all time. Jordan may be the goat but he isn't significantly better then Kobe. He is better but Kobe would give him hell. And do people forget who was the first lebron James. That was magic. Who defends him? D Rose? If you are saying by 50 is ludicrous then alright but they would win and it wouldn't be all that close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume the matchups would favor LA no matter what. You can argue Jordan on Magic, Pippen on Kobe, Rodman flopping on Shaq, and Gilmore (because he should be there over Grant) on Kareem, which leaves Rose on Baylor...lol. Advantage is still LA. Their lineup is insanely big...and that's even disregarding the absurd talent level every player has. To Chicago's credit, they have 4 dang good defenders who you can at least argue wouldn't be utterly dismantled. Rose is the weak link in this matchup. He can't guard anyone well enough due to his size. Though, you can argue his insane athletic ability probably destroys Magic just as much as Magic would destroy him on the other end. :shrug:

The real winner is Phil Jackson :smug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The thing is, in a best of 7 series. Jordan would probably still average up 30ppg on 45% with a decently filled stat sheet elsewhere. and make some games close. Even against his cheap clone in Kobe.

But the Bulls still lose the set, probably get swept. :shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The thing is, in a best of 7 series. Jordan would probably still average up 30ppg on 45% with a decently filled stat sheet elsewhere. and make some games close. Even against his cheap clone in Kobe.

But the Bulls still lose the set, probably get swept. :shrug:

The Lakers' next set of five probably beat the Bulls. That's how deep the Lakers are.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Lakers' next set of five probably beat the Bulls. That's how deep the Lakers are.
Let's see...

Jerry West, James Worthy, Pau Gasol, Wilt, Gail Goodrich? You can also have your pick of Michael Cooper, Jamaal Wilkes, and George Mikan

I'd say Rose, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Gilmore can at least hang with this group

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Let's see...

Jerry West, James Worthy, Pau Gasol, Wilt, Gail Goodrich? You can also have your pick of Michael Cooper, Jamaal Wilkes, and George Mikan

I'd say Rose, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Gilmore can at least hang with this group

Oh, I agree, they would be in better shape, but again with depth I think the Bulls still lose the series.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys keep putting Rose on the floor but as is being discussed he doesn't help you defend L.A. Bring Rose off the bench, you start Butler in the Harper roll next to Jordan.

Jordan is your point guard in that the offense always runs through him anyway, and Jordan never played with a scoring type point guard for a reason. Why start now?

Butler guards Magic. Jordan guards Kobe. Pippen holds his length well. And Rodman flopping on Shaq.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And actually, I forgot about Gasol. But he definetley is in consideration for the Bulls team and would cause some problems and help defend Kareem.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You guys are debating the merits of an argument presented by a guy who gave himself the nickname 'The Big Aristotle' and was in the movie Kazaam.

Just stop. It's obviously hyperbole.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, I agree, they would be in better shape, but again with depth I think the Bulls still lose the series.
In a full 12/13 man lineup? Absolutely. They have like 20 HOF players in their history (though I'm sure a good chunk of those were only there for a few seasons). If we could steal such players like that, we could have George Gervin and Robert Parish! lol

If we're strictly talking 5v5...the Bulls imo have a shot against the Lakers B squad lol.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are debating the merits of an argument presented by a guy who gave himself the nickname 'The Big Aristotle' and was in the movie Kazaam.

Just stop. It's obviously hyperbole.
Would you rather discuss how McDermott is a bust and how Garfield Goose is a terrible GM? YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
you guys keep putting Rose on the floor but as is being discussed he doesn't help you defend L.A. Bring Rose off the bench, you start Butler in the Harper roll next to Jordan.

Jordan is your point guard in that the offense always runs through him anyway, and Jordan never played with a scoring type point guard for a reason. Why start now?

Butler guards Magic. Jordan guards Kobe. Pippen holds his length well. And Rodman flopping on Shaq.

Ron Harper over DRose? Don't think so. As to who does Rose guard, who does Magic guard? Answer is no one. Both play the free safety route. Get that Thibs influence out of there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's something from reddit for the lulz:

I just created teams on Whatifsports.com to answer this question. It lets you make a roster of players from a single season, so I tried to pick the best seasons that those players played in a Bull/Laker uniform.The rosters:
BULLS Starters:

• PG - 10-11 Derrick Rose
  • SG - 88-89 Michael Jordan
  • SF - 94-95 Scottie Pippen
  • PF - 96-97 Dennis Rodman
  • C - 78-79 Artis Gilmore
Bulls Bench 72-73 Norm Van Lier (PG) 70-71 Jerry Sloan (SG) 14-15 Jimmy Butler (SF) 70-71 Bob Love (PF) 13-14 Joakim Noah (C) 10-11 Luol Deng (SF) 91-92 Horace Grant (PF)
(Regret not picking a Kukoc season instead of Deng, Butler or Grant)
Lakers Starters:

• PG - 88-89 Magic Johnson
  • SG - 02-03 Kobe Bryant
  • SF - 62-63 Elgin Baylor
  • PF - 68-69 Wilt Chamberlain
  • C - 75-76 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Lakers Bench 65-66 Jerry West (PG) 71-72 Gail Goodrich (SG) 89-90 James Worthy (SF) 10-11 Pau Gasol (PF) 99-00 Shaquille O'Neal (C) 51-52 George Mikan (C) 02-03 Derrick Fisher (needed another PG)
I gave the Lakers home court advantage due to having more total championships
Game 1 - Great Western Forum

• Lakers 95
  • Bulls 85
Lakers lead 1-0

• PTS: Jordan 27, Abdul-Jabbar 22
  • REBS: Noah 10, Abdul-Jabbar 14
  • ASTS: Jordan 7, Johnson 10
Game 2 - Great Western Forum

• Lakers 115
  • Bulls 95
Lakers lead 2-0

• PTS: Jordan 19, Abdul-Jabbar 22
  • REBS: Rodman 11, Chamberlain 12
  • ASTS: Rose 7, West 8
Game 3 - Chicago Stadium

• Bulls 97
  • Lakers 85
Lakers lead 2-1

• PTS: Gilmore 24 (now known as "The Gilmore Game" in Bulls lore), Bryant 26
  • REBS: Rodman 14, Chamberlain 16
  • ASTS: Jordan 9, Johnson 12
Game 4 - Chicago Stadium

• Bulls 117
  • Lakers 85
Series tied 2-2

• PTS: Pippen 27, Baylor 16
  • REBS: Gilmore 16, Chamberlain 11
  • ASTS: Jordan 9, Johnson 8
Game 5 - Staples Center

• Bulls 93
  • Lakers 86
Bulls lead 3-2

• PTS: Rose 21, Bryant 18
  • REBS: Jordan 9, Johnson/Baylor 8
  • ASTS: Pippen 11, Baylor 7
Game 6 - United Center

• Lakers 113
  • Bulls 105
Series tied 3-3

• PTS: Rose 25, Johnson 23
  • REBS: Rodman 10, Bryant/Abdul-Jabbar 13
  • ASTS: Jordan 8, Johnson 13
Game 7 - Minneapolis Armory (OK really the Staples Center again)

• Bulls 98
  • Lakers 89
Bulls win series 4-3

• PTS: Pippen 25, Abdul-Jabbar 26
  • REBS: Rodman 12, Chamberlain 21
  • ASTS: Rose 10, Johnson 11
So there you have it, the All-Time Bulls upset the All-Time Lakers in a stunning 7 game series!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No....my question is what do you want Rose to do next to Jordan. They aren't complimentary players. Butler and Rose are great compliments.

What role does Derrick Rose fill on a team with Jordan/Pippen? Do you want him to go to the corner and shoot shots? You want him for his defense? Maybe against certain players. I never had issue with Rose defense, but look at the team you are proposing we guard.

Obvioulsy I'm being a dick, we want him to penetrate? But thats what I am narrowing this down to. We want Rose to penetrate on a team with Michael Jordan? I don't think Rose does anything as effeciently as Mike including penetrate to the rim. You don't want to fire that shot. You holster that gun and shoot with your trusty. Its about effeciency numbers when you talk about determining ways for these juggarnaut teams to beat each other.

I'm a Rose supporter, but I want him in the Stackhouse role for my all Bulls all time team.

Jordan, Rodman, Gilmore, Chandler, Ben Wallace have all been defensive MVP's so you have your choice and lots of fouls. I hate talking about 5 on 5 in some fantasy world, because so much goes into basketball. 5 on 5 discounts foul factors, and the "team" aspect.

I stand by rather having Jimmy on the court to compliment Jordan against a Magic/Kobe backcourt. Thats who I want in the battle with me. I know Rose has speed and explosiveness that could help, but he has no business shooting any shots on a team with Jordan and he serves no purpose to me. Jimmy plays defense, wouldn't take bad shots on that team in that situation, runs the break, and creates his own offense with lobs and offensive boards, then plays great defense.

Rodman would split time with Gasol at the PF in actual best to ever play PF for the Bulls reality. Gasol is difficult to defend and would be an ideal player to wrestle with Kareem while also providing length and offense, spacing and good basketball. Jordan would use him very well. But how would Jordan use Rose? Or are you suggesting Rose would penetrate and kick to Jordan?

Why? I don't understand what function Rose has on a Jordan team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
if the 5 vs 5 is how shaq called it then the lakers for sure win. the bulls couldn't get away with playing rose or Horace grant in that matchup. Gilmore or noah would be better choices to play over ho grant, and replacing rose at pg would be jerry sloan. at 6'5 sloan could provide some solid defense on magic.

matchups
sloan - magic
Jordan - kobe
pippen - Baylor
rodman - shaq
Gilmore - jabbar

that's how id attack that laker team

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's all this off the bench bull shit? They're HOF'ers and All-stars. I expect nothing less than 5 on 5 for 4 quarters. How's that scoreboard looking now?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;BVQ8-JgsCnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQ8-JgsCnc[/video]