Shaq says All-Time Lakers team beats All-Time Bulls team by 50!!!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
We're still trying to figure out this trolling by Shaq?

Jesus Christ people....

some ppl just don't want to admit a team with 16 banners has better all-time players than us

Lakers are the most predominant franchise in history their all-time team would beat anybodies

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
some ppl just don't want to admit a team with 16 banners has better all-time players than us

Lakers are the most predominant franchise in history their all-time team would beat anybodies

Many have picked the Celtics over the Lakers, but by far both teams are better than the Bulls

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're still trying to figure out this trolling by Shaq?

Jesus Christ people....

FWIW I don't think Shaq is really a troll. He's just pretty stupid. I would refer you to the Open Court on the 50 Greatest and Next 10.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Many have picked the Celtics over the Lakers, but by far both teams are better than the Bulls
Celtics are the only comparable team anyway. They are two of the most storied franchises in the league, and they have the benefit of being there from the start. If I had to pick I'm picking the Lakers though. I can definitely see the Celtics argument though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Celtics are the only comparable team anyway. They are two of the most storied franchises in the league, and they have the benefit of being there from the start. If I had to pick I'm picking the Lakers though. I can definitely see the Celtics argument though.
Lakers:
Magic
Kareem
West
Baylor
Kobe
Shaq
Wilt
Worthy
Mikan

Celtics:
Russell
Cousy
Bird
McHale
Parrish
Cowens
Havlicek
Pierce
Sam Jones
Sharman
Jo Jo White

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lakers:
Magic
Kareem
West
Baylor
Kobe
Shaq
Wilt
Worthy
Mikan

Celtics:
Russell
Cousy
Bird
McHale
Parrish
Cowens
Havlicek
Pierce
Sam Jones
Sharman
Jo Jo White
Could also add DJ and arguably Tiny Archibald to the Celtic's roster.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could also add DJ and arguably Tiny Archibald to the Celtic's roster.
I don't know about Tiny, his best years were not in Boston and the same can be saida bout DJ.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know about Tiny, his best years were not in Boston and the same can be saida bout DJ.
Yeah true. In my experience DJ has always been known as a Celtic despite his best statistical years being in Phoenix. He spent the most years with the Celtics and had his number retired by them. Perhaps it's just me, but DJ is a Celtic in my mind, definitely more so than Tiny. Tiny still spent 5 season with the Celtics fwiw...definitely not nearly the monster he was in Kansas City/Cincinatti. I suppose people think of him more as a Kings player than a Celtics player so fair enough. By that logic then, Wilt shouldn't be on the Lakers either as his best years were with the Warriors.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
KG would be on the Celtics list too I would think.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah true. In my experience DJ has always been known as a Celtic despite his best statistical years being in Phoenix. He spent the most years with the Celtics and had his number retired by them. Perhaps it's just me, but DJ is a Celtic in my mind, definitely more so than Tiny. Tiny still spent 5 season with the Celtics fwiw...definitely not nearly the monster he was in Kansas City/Cincinatti. I suppose people think of him more as a Kings player than a Celtics player so fair enough. By that logic then, Wilt shouldn't be on the Lakers either as his best years were with the Warriors.
I originally didn't include Wilt in there, but decided to. Wilt was definitely a shell of his monster former self by then, but still put up good numbers. You can say the same about Tiny.

Tiny's career changed after he tore his Achilles...Though with that stacked Celtics team, he obviously didn't need to put up great numbers, but you can see the change in his numbers from after his tear to when he began with the 78-79 Celtics (who were still a terrible team the year before Bird arrived)... He was still an All-Star from 1980-1982 as well with the Celtics.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
KG would be on the Celtics list too I would think.
If we're gonna go there, we're gonna throw Gasol on the Lakers list, as Gasol definitely had more impact on the Lakers at that point in his career.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we're gonna go there, we're gonna throw Gasol on the Lakers list, as Gasol definitely had more impact on the Lakers at that point in his career.
lol well it's not like KG didn't help the C's win a title or anything...but I get what you mean

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I mean KG was a 5x AS in the six years he was on the team to go with his title.

I am more than ok with Gasol on the Lakers. I still want KG especially with his D to go with his O. Gasol gets a slight edge on the O, but is over matched by KG when playing D.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean KG was a 5x AS in the six years he was on the team to go with his title.

I am more than ok with Gasol on the Lakers. I still want KG especially with his D to go with his O. Gasol gets a slight edge on the O, but is over matched by KG when playing D.
KG being an All-Star in the later years was more so voters just being their usual Special person self rather than merit of KG being an All-Star those years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KG being an All-Star in the later years was more so voters just being their usual Special person self rather than merit of KG being an All-Star those years.
2012...:smh:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol well it's not like KG didn't help the C's win a title or anything...but I get what you mean
I agree he did, but to me, he's not an All-Time Celtic compared to who else you could throw in there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree he did, but to me, he's not an All-Time Celtic compared to who else you could throw in there.
Imo he's got as much to his Celtics name as Wilt does for the Lakers.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He was still mentioned on first, second, and third all nba team and defensive teams.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we're adding guys who barely played for our teams...can we add George Gervin and Robert Parish? :lol:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was still mentioned on first, second, and third all nba team and defensive teams.
Here's what KG won while on the Celtics

Besides the Defensive Teams in 2011,2012 much of his accomplished was in 2008. Remember 2009 he missed the last quarter of the season and all of the playoffs. In the year the Celtics made it back to the Finals in 2010, he didn't make any kind of teams beyond being voted to the All-Star Game. In 2013 he only got back on the All-Star team because the NBA dropped the center requirement.

So I don't dismiss him being a great player, who won a title on the Celtics and was part of the one and only title the Celtics have won since Bird, but just saying I'd put him low on the All-Time team.

But the same argument could be made for Wilt Chamberlain and the Lakers.