SHEA McCLELLIN....OFFICIALLY A BUST !!!!

rob923

Liked Posts:
I love this Bears linebacking corps -- they suck so bad!

rob923

Liked Posts:
The organization needs to just cut McClellin and be done with it. Emery, your first pick in the Bears draft sucks! Own up to it and move on! Geez, the Bears don't have a decent LB except Briggs on their roster. Monsters of the Midway my ass!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, he's got the rest of camp and 3 games to show he wants to be an NFL player, if not Emery's got to cut his loss.

Nice thing abut Emery is that I believe he'd do it but more likely be a backup than cut. Still on his rookie deal. That said, it's still early but he'll need to wake up. I don't think we'll know what we have with Shea, value wise until they let him blitz with the starting line.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
You can't call him a bust yet. He had a few solid reads. I was expecting the worst though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;Tn-bBrYQDUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-bBrYQDUU[/video]

hester247

Liked Posts:
while Fuller is looking good so far the depth at CB with Tillman, Jennings, and Hayden was the reason i wanted the Bears very badly to draft CJ Mosley and take a CB in 2nd round. Mosley would have been an instant starter and huge upgrade over everyone not named Briggs

Liked Posts:
entire linebacker corps is ass other than briggs and somewhat williams

They weren't great but they weren't completely horrible either. Watching McClellin out there he was clearly the worst LB on the field for both teams. I would rather have anyone of Jones, Bostic, or Greene as the SAM LB. Some people want the Bears to give it time with McClellin, but I think one of Jones, Bostic & Greene are the players that should be given time as the SAM LB if Williams is the starting MIKE. Every rep wasted on McCLellin are reps a better young LB needs to develop, & aren't getting. Let someone else have his reps & move on already. Don't waste a month trying to force a square peg into a round hole, this isn't MLB spring training where managers have an extended period to evaluate players. Give a better young LB those much needed reps, & yes Jones, Greene & Bostic are better LB's. Forcing McClellin on the field in hopes of finding something tat just isn't there is going to hurt this team in more than way. This isn't a personal attack on the kid, he's just not a good ballplayer at the pro level.

McClellin couldn't shed a chip blocker wen he was a 260 LB DE, & that's not an exaggeration, what makes anyone think he'll have better luck playing lighter as a 4-3 stand up LB at the second level? At Boise he was more of a DE/LEO than anything & still spent most of his time rushing the passer standing up & with his hand in the dirt & had little experience playing in coverage. He had some, but not much as often exaggerated. It's not "just pre-season" with McClellin anymore he's been in the league for two years now & there's nothing about his pro level play that shows he'll succeed enough to play LB. There are three other young LB prospects that, IMO are all good enough to get by with, maybe even more with some good reps/conditioning & experience. If McClellin is the starting SAM week 1 the defense is going to have problems. Teams will frequently exploit him as a weakness & they won't stop.

Let some combination of Jones, Bostic or Greene have McClellins reps next week. Have McClellin play against the third stringers, he just doesn't have it.

Nick80

tumblr_mlbcd9stOn1qzlv9fo1_400.gif

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch too much Boise State football, but wasn't Shea more of an outside linebacker/DE that mostly just blitzed in a 3-4?

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Should be an interesting battle the rest of preseason to see who grabs that final LB spot. Senn, Lattimore, or McClellin. I'm thinking Senn to the 53 and Lattimore to the PS.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Thread is full of racists.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If Shea was white this thread would have never happened

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
He looked like a deer in headlights tonight....horrible pass coverage....not a great run stopper either. Very disappointed with Emery wasting a pick on this clown.

This idiot even lost weight and looks sooooooooooo small.

BUST :mad:

I don't think he is better than jones, Bostic or Greene so I agree he is gonna be a bust. They will keep him til his contract is up then let him walk. He is only good when he can go after he QB with no one blocking him

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I don't think he is better than jones, Bostic or Greene so I agree he is gonna be a bust. They will keep him til his contract is up then let him walk. He is only good when he can go after he QB with no one blocking him

Well if its that simple, I could do that. I'm 6'7" too so I could even swat a few down. Sign me up.

Shiiiiiiiit. All pro all day baby.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard the FO is asking McC to lose another 20 lbs, get down to 1 % BodyFat like in anorexia nervosa, runna 40 in the 4.3s, be our Free Safety..... and LOOK Friggin LOST in Space.
The new series of Lost In Space has been launched....S3E1

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I heard the FO is asking McC to lose another 20 lbs, get down to 1 % BodyFat like in anorexia nervosa, runna 40 in the 4.3s, be our Free Safety..... and LOOK Friggin LOST in Space.
The new series of Lost In Space has been launched

Didn't we do that last year when he was Chris Conte?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't we do that last year when he was Chris Conte?

No. Thats the safety solar system. This is the linebacker system Im talkin about.

Next week S3E2 McC Lost In Space. Dude outta get an oscar. He plays his role in the series to a T

...........of course BoomBostic may get an oscar for best supporting actor................

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
McClellin won't be starting this year at SAM.
Is this your yearly off season proclamation? Are you saying this in a "no one will beat Webb out for RT" or " If Trestman is the coach I am becoming a packer fan" sense or is this more just a casual observation?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Is this your yearly off season proclamation? Are you saying this in a "no one will beat Webb out for RT" or " If Trestman is the coach I am becoming a packer fan" sense or is this more just a casual observation?

I want nothing less than a message board quiting guarantee.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
I just watched the game. Shea looked horrible out there. He needs to blitz every play or he is useless as a LB.