SHEA McCLELLIN....OFFICIALLY A BUST !!!!

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
I just watched the game. Shea looked horrible out there. He needs to blitz every play or he is useless as a LB.

Unfortunately I think his best shot at success in this league is reverting back to his old role, backing up Peppers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was long before this.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
tumblr_mlbcd9stOn1qzlv9fo1_400.gif

He's still on the team so that horse is alive and well.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
SMC looked like absolute dog shit out there. preseason or not, just lacks any real comprehension of any position. Stuff him into the bench and only pull him up in the event of a complete meltdown. Seriously, he's a garbage time player. I know some of you will disagree, but it's really just time for Emery to realize it was a bad pick and just move on. No shame in admitting it's wrong.

Liked Posts:

Isn't the FO & coaching staff doing the very same thing by trying to salvage something that just isn't there with this kid? His poor play at DE was one thing, there really wasn't much behind him on the depth chart, except for maybe Baas who was a lesser of two evils, but now he's hindering the evaluation & development process of players at a completely different position.

Some of you guys get upset over people going on & on about McClellin but you say thing about the coaching staff that's giving people nausea by putting him on the field every week. At times this seems the give bad players too much leeway, & not enough to the decent ones.

This doesn't help much either...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...t-start-in-nfl-debut-20140808,0,7548594.story

Nick80

He's still on the team so that horse is alive and well.

It is? Only because you and a few others like old ruffshod over there keep fucking going on and on about it. A failed first round pick. Holy fucking shit. I look forward to the day your fine self and others make it onto the staffs of NFL teams and keep pulling gold fucking eggs out your arseholes. I mean, it's that fucking easy, isn't it?

Fuckgaggledness.

Nick80

Isn't the FO & coaching staff doing the very same thing by trying to salvage something that just isn't there with this kid? His poor play at DE was one thing, there really wasn't much behind him on the depth chart, except for maybe Baas who was a lesser of two evils, but now he's hindering the evaluation & development process of players at a completely different position.

Some of you guys get upset over people going on & on about McClellin but you say thing about the coaching staff that's giving people nausea by putting him on the field every week. At times this seems the give bad players too much leeway, & not enough to the decent ones.

This doesn't help much either...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...t-start-in-nfl-debut-20140808,0,7548594.story

Read above. You better start sharpening the knife for the likes of Vereen, Mills and Bostic.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McClellin is Chris Williams.

We will sit and hope and wish that "this will save his career" when the truth is that they are not good.

Give him a year at LB, but please stop this mockery of his starting at SAM.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm willing to give him a few more preseason games.

This but he gets them. Looking like he may become strictly a blitzer this year. Wasn't much good at LB other than Briggs vs Eagles. It would be silly to cut him unless he's actually outplayed in the pre.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It is? Only because you and a few others like old ruffshod over there keep fucking going on and on about it. A failed first round pick. Holy fucking shit. I look forward to the day your fine self and others make it onto the staffs of NFL teams and keep pulling gold fucking eggs out your arseholes. I mean, it's that fucking easy, isn't it?

Fuckgaggledness.

Seriously? You are going with the "you're not an NFL GM and all GMs make mistakes"? That's not even a football-related reply, it's meant only to disparage the poster and make you the high-road minister.

Talk about a dead-horse argument. And no one said Emery sucks or should be replaced, this is about a wasted roster spot.

Liked Posts:
Read above. You better start sharpening the knife for the likes of Vereen, Mills and Bostic.

Haven't seen enough of Vareen to say much of anything, I'm fine with Mills & always have been, & I'd rather even see Bostic in there as the SAM LB than McClellin. Vareen is a rookie, Mills is second year player that did show signs of upside, & Bostic is a second year LB that didn't';t get time to develop. Your being ridiculous. Saying a kid isn't playing good football, because he isn't, & stating you don't believe McClellin isn't a good football player at the pro level has absolutely nothing to do with "sharpening knives".

This is football message board, if you can't handle members talking about football players on a football team, good or bad, on a football board, about a game that is give & take, where players do fail, feeling are hurt, that is based on black & white outcomes like winning & losing, you could always take your act of stating generalizations, & posting gifs over to facebook.

McCllelin playing poorly at DE for two seasons being a first round pick was one thing, there really wasn't a better option behind him. Now he's a playing a position where there are better options below him on the depth chart, & those options are going to make critical mistakes so they need those reps being wasted on McClellin. If you can't see & accept what McClellin is at the pro level I don't know what to tell you. You can always ignore my posts if bothers you that much.

Seeing McClellin on the field at the pro level is just sad at this point, & reminds me of this....

[video=youtube;W4DKLqnyBAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ[/video]

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
McClellin is Chris Williams.

We will sit and hope and wish that "this will save his career" when the truth is that they are not good.

Give him a year at LB, but please stop this mockery of his starting at SAM.

+1. When a guy sucks so badly at his initial-evaluation position, no bueno when the team has to attempt rebooting his stillborn career at another position.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel said McClellin didn't look nearly as bad as everyone is saying he looked, so there's that...

Nick80

Seriously? You are going with the "you're not an NFL GM and all GMs make mistakes"? That's not even a football-related reply, it's meant only to disparage the poster and make you the high-road minister.

Talk about a dead-horse argument. And no one said Emery sucks or should be replaced, this is about a wasted roster spot.

disliked for pulling me up on football related talk while not offering any football related talk. As for the high-road minister ... The fucking irony.

Nick80

Haven't seen enough of Vareen to say much of anything, I'm fine with Mills & always have been, & I'd rather even see Bostic in there as the SAM LB than McClellin. Vareen is a rookie, Mills is second year player that did show signs of upside, & Bostic is a second year LB that didn't';t get time to develop. Your being ridiculous. Saying a kid isn't playing good football, because he isn't, & stating you don't believe McClellin isn't a good football player at the pro level has absolutely nothing to do with "sharpening knives".

This is football message board, if you can't handle members talking about football players on a football team, good or bad, on a football board, about a game that is give & take, where players do fail, feeling are hurt, that is based on black & white outcomes like winning & losing, you could always take your act of stating generalizations, & posting gifs over to facebook.

McCllelin playing poorly at DE for two seasons being a first round pick was one thing, there really wasn't a better option behind him. Now he's a playing a position where there are better options below him on the depth chart, & those options are going to make critical mistakes so they need those reps being wasted on McClellin. If you can't see & accept what McClellin is at the pro level I don't know what to tell you. You can always ignore my posts if bothers you that much.

Seeing McClellin on the field at the pro level is just sad at this point, & reminds me of this....

[video=youtube;W4DKLqnyBAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ[/video]

Good blog. What?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel said McClellin didn't look nearly as bad as everyone is saying he looked. Greg Gabriel was a professional NFL scout.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
McClellin won't be starting this year at SAM.

Yeah i don't think that's a hard one to predict but i do know that i'm more worried about our LBers than any other position on our team even who our #3 WR will be.
After Briggs we're in big trouble. DJ isn't what he used to be but i think he can barely slide by as our MLB this year but will he stay healthy is the question?? Then we have to choose from Shea,Bostic,Jones and Greene for the SLB spot......ouch. I'm not gonna make myself crazy about it after just one preseason game cause they're all young and still learning but i'm definitely worried as of now.

Nick80

Greg Gabriel said McClellin didn't look nearly as bad as everyone is saying he looked. Greg Gabriel was a professional NFL scout.

Good for him. I'm just bored of the subject, thus airing my opinion on said subject. I may take it to facebook but isn't that twitter with pictures? Or is that Instagram? I don't know anymore. So many damn bloggers on here, I'm not sure if I am watching a shade DT or a SAM linebacker anymore.

We could do with some pro scouts on this board I feel, it would clear A LOT of the hard nosed subjects up and stop less people taking the high-road minister path I feel.