Should the bears handicap pace?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One could say Pace is already handicapped, as in a mental capacity, particularly at QB evaluation.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If pace trades anymore future picks, the bears will not be an attractive spot for the next gm. He should do what ever he wants for the 2019 draft, but I think they should veto any trades involving picks in the future drafts or giving out any bad contracts.
I think they should kneecap Pace.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How do you get a good gm here after he has gutted the team in draft picks?
They would need to fire Pace first. That is the first step in the process. They appear to still be under his spell.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I disagree. There were clearly better options but he decided to get cute.
I don't think Glennon was ever a long term plan. I think he was a stop-gap between Cutler, and what turned out to be Mitch. Now, you could certainly argue that Glennon played worse than what Pace and the coaching staff thought, but I don't see how you could look at the deal Glennon signed, with the outs the Bears had, as evidence that he was trying to be cute.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We have a good GM, the issue is that there's actually people on here that think there's GM's that don't make mistakes and that's plural because there is no GM out there that won't make multiple mistakes. If we suck next year and Pace gets fired it won't be long until you same people that are bitching about Pace are bitching about whoever takes over for him and the next one and the next one. Mistakes will always be made by any GM we get and for anyone that's been a Bears fan for any length of time (that takes you out of this westy) that still don't understand that then you're the ones with issues. And yes i'm talking about mistakes that could really set a team back like drafting a QB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He's not going to be making any moves like his move up for Trubisky or the Mack trade.

I don't even think he's going to couple the two seconds to move up. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it. This is the product of his work.
Even if there is a job ultimatum going forward? If this upcoming season is a win or die why would he care about what he does with future resources?

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
if Pace is out of a job I am out of a job

pablovi

Liked Posts:
If pace trades anymore future picks, the bears will not be an attractive spot for the next gm. He should do what ever he wants for the 2019 draft, but I think they should veto any trades involving picks in the future drafts or giving out any bad contracts.
They might as well fire him, if they’re thinking in the next GM

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
We have a good GM, the issue is that there's actually people on here that think there's GM's that don't make mistakes and that's plural because there is no GM out there that won't make multiple mistakes. If we suck next year and Pace gets fired it won't be long until you same people that are bitching about Pace are bitching about whoever takes over for him and the next one and the next one. Mistakes will always be made by any GM we get and for anyone that's been a Bears fan for any length of time (that takes you out of this westy) that still don't understand that then you're the ones with issues. And yes i'm talking about mistakes that could really set a team back like drafting a QB.
Oh boy Not this argument again. You know everything you say also applies to emery. Pace is a bad gm. plain and simple. All he does is make mistakes.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
After last season, many of the thought Pace deserved GM of the year ALONG with Nagy getting COTY.

Yes, it was a very disappointing season. But this is a HUGE overreaction by posters who should know better. And no, im not talking about you clueless posters that hated Pace as soon as he didn't draft your preferred QB...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh good another troll thread. Now we get to read posts from the same people that loved the trades he made when he made them talk about how bad they are now. Windy sits at the top of that list. The same people that were talking about how deserving Pace was of winning GM of the year award now hate him because the team regressed. The same people that were good with the Massies extension and Leno extension then but hate Pace for them now. The same people that loved the K.Mack trade then but shits on Pace for it now because we don't have a 1st or 3rd round pick because of it.

Haha keep being you CCS posters.

Imagine not changing your opinion when new evidence is presented?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh boy Not this argument again. You know everything you say also applies to emery. Pace is a bad gm. plain and simple. All he does is make mistakes.

Ummmmmm of course it applies to Emery, he was brutal so why wouldn't it?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He’s going to trade down twice this year

msadows

Liked Posts:

Every GM is bad. There is no such thing as a "good GM" in the nfl for the most part.

Nearly every GM who has won the Executive of the year award has either been fired or on their way to be fired.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Like legit, you guys act like there is an evil genius out there. Even with all their advanced scouting only like 1/4 of the first round ends up actually being good.

These guys throw darts at a board based on positions of need and hope for success. As far as the draft Pace hasn't been any less successful than any other GM recently. Ballard and Roseman who just won executive of the years have drafted just as poorly if not worse.

I mentioned this to WCBF, but...Pace drafted as many pro bowlers in 2018 as NE has drafted since 2011.

He fucked up the QB position, and thats about all I blame him for. I don't expect an NFL gm to be perfect drafting, its probably the hardest draft to evaluate talent(baseball too I guess).