My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade up for Tua!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Every GM is bad. There is no such thing as a "good GM" in the nfl for the most part.

Nearly every GM who has won the Executive of the year award has either been fired or on their way to be fired.
You can say same the same for about 99% of coaches.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If pace trades anymore future picks, the bears will not be an attractive spot for the next gm. He should do what ever he wants for the 2019 draft, but I think they should veto any trades involving picks in the future drafts or giving out any bad contracts.
I agree. No trade ups. No trades. Just draft character and intelligent athletes with size/speed where you are. Nagy gets to hand pick the best FA QB he can convince to come compete with Trubisky. Nagy gets to select the third QB with the second second round pick. Those are the conditions. He should get two more years.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
what handicap? It’s not like he’s Anne Frank or something.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The day the Bears hired Pace I said he was a fucking idiot. 99% of you laughed at me

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Every GM is bad. There is no such thing as a "good GM" in the nfl for the most part.

Nearly every GM who has won the Executive of the year award has either been fired or on their way to be fired.
What is the point of this statement?" There is no such thing" and then following it up with "for the most part".
Which is it? Is there none or is there a few exceptions? If there are exceptions then every GM isn't bad. Most are but they+ownership are what separates good franchises from bad ones.

Look at the AFCN. The Ravens had Ozzie Newsome until this season and they've regularly made the playoffs the past 20 years. Ditto to the GM for the Steelers who's name i forget. Oh and that Bill Belichick guy.

They're rare but it's not like they don't exist.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Look at the AFCN. The Ravens had Ozzie Newsome until this season and they've regularly made the playoffs the past 20 years. Ditto to the GM for the Steelers who's name i forget. Oh and that Bill Belichick guy.
Yeah, but those guys are great. So he's not wrong when he says there are no "good GMs."

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The day the Bears hired Pace I said he was a fucking idiot. 99% of you laughed at me

99% of us always laugh at you though.

You should work on getting 99% of us to laugh with you.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Oh good you agree then.
LOL. Not a chance. pace is an incompetent buffoon. Odd you chose to suck the worst gm league's dick. Sometimes i think you are pace, but then i realize that not even pace loves himself as much as you love him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
LOL. Not a chance. pace is an incompetent buffoon. Odd you chose to suck the worst gm league's dick. Sometimes i think you are pace, but then i realize that not even pace loves himself as much as you love him.

Blah blah blah

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Oh good another troll thread. Now we get to read posts from the same people that loved the trades he made when he made them talk about how bad they are now. Windy sits at the top of that list. The same people that were talking about how deserving Pace was of winning GM of the year award now hate him because the team regressed. The same people that were good with the Massies extension and Leno extension then but hate Pace for them now. The same people that loved the K.Mack trade then but shits on Pace for it now because we don't have a 1st or 3rd round pick because of it.

Haha keep being you CCS posters.
no matter how people thought of him in the past, he screwed up the QB position. He has to fix it this off season and get the Bears back in the playoffs to fix this mess. It is fixable but he has to make the right decision this offseason and sticking with Trubisky and a backup will not be the right decision.

msadows

Liked Posts:
What is the point of this statement?" There is no such thing" and then following it up with "for the most part".
Which is it? Is there none or is there a few exceptions? If there are exceptions then every GM isn't bad. Most are but they+ownership are what separates good franchises from bad ones.

They're rare but it's not like they don't exist.

Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule. I'm not saying that there aren't very succesful nfl GM's, but they are rare.

I already debunked the patriots thing to WCBF. As stated. The bears drafted as many pro bowlers in one year than the pats did in 8.

I already posted Ballard/Newsomes draft history. Which are not great. Those are the last two guys to win the executive of the year award.

Newsome has done well, but you can even go back the last decade and find MANY bad picks by him.

Like I said, even the best GM's are just throwing darts at the wall.

We could do a lot worse than pace, is all I am saying. He's been fantastic at attracting free agents, and for the most part has put this team in a good financial position.

His only real mistake that is unfortunate and irreversible is the QB position. I can blame him for a lot more but to expect perfection from an executive in this league is pretty much impossible.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I guess my point is that we could do a lot worse than ryan pace at GM.

He did however hire nagy and draft trubisky. He also has done a lot of good. Rebuilt this defense from the ground up. This isn't something like the trash phil emery handed us.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Pace has been the best GM this franchise has had this side of the century. Heck, I'm not sure we have ever had one who has statistically brought in as many quality players as he has. Complain all you want about his 1st round selections, but follow his hit rate% and he is probably one of the most successful GM's in the league. He has earned the right to use whatever picks he chooses to find talent. The numbers will eventually work themselves out in the 1st/2nd round if his percentages continue as they have. Either way, he will find guys in the later rounds and even UFA that will have nice NFL careers.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace has been the best GM this franchise has had this side of the century. Heck, I'm not sure we have ever had one who has statistically brought in as many quality players as he has. Complain all you want about his 1st round selections, but follow his hit rate% and he is probably one of the most successful GM's in the league. He has earned the right to use whatever picks he chooses to find talent. The numbers will eventually work themselves out in the 1st/2nd round if his percentages continue as they have. Either way, he will find guys in the later rounds and even UFA that will have nice NFL careers.

The NFL hit rate on first round picks is pretty horrid overall.

Very few players turn out "elite". Most become leonard floyds.

He fucked up the mitch pick. Normally taking the wrong qb wouldn't be as big of an issue if the other two guys weren't perrenial pro bowlers. Thats where he went wrong and should be put on the hot seat.

Otherwise I think he's done a fantastic job. Even the leno contract at the time was fantastic, blaming him for that now is just recency bias. Same with the massie deal. He hasn't really given out a terrible contract since his time here while attracting a ton of quality FA's and retaining all the quality talent we already have.