Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The OP is just like the drunken meatballs that call Hub on the post game. He should get on the Score with Hub and tell him all about how Pace is worse than Phil Emery. Hopefully, Hub doesn’t have a heart attack from uncontrollable laughter.

Pace built one of the best defenses in the league after Emery gutted the franchise and turned the organization into a clown show.

They were 12-4 last year and a few bad breaks from being 10-6 this year. There is work to do on offense for sure but this team is capable of being right back in the playoffs next year. I’m not suggesting it will be easy but it is certainly possible. Also, there is no doubt in my mind that the Bears rolled into this season believing their press clippings a bit too much. The Packer game knocked all of them off their axis.

Moronic fans always go batshit when bad seasons happen. Good organizations value continuity and realize the NFL is designed for parity. Teams that keep cleaning house usually keep losing.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The OP is just like the drunken meatballs that call Hub on the post game. He should get on the Score with Hub and tell him all about how Pace is worse than Phil Emery. Hopefully, Hub doesn’t have a heart attack from uncontrollable laughter.

Pace built one of the best defenses in the league after Emery gutted the franchise and turned the organization into a clown show.

They were 12-4 last year and a few bad breaks from being 10-6 this year. There is work to do on offense for sure but this team is capable of being right back in the playoffs next year. I’m not suggesting it will be easy but it is certainly possible. Also, there is no doubt in my mind that the Bears rolled into this season believing their press clippings a bit too much. The Packer game knocked all of them off their axis.

Moronic fans always go batshit when bad seasons happen. Good organizations value continuity and realize the NFL is designed for parity. Teams that keep cleaning house usually keep losing.
100 percent this!! Well said.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Why do I feel like Pace won't get fired even if we don't make the post season next year...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because yoy shouldn’t make predictions

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That's not how it works. He's either the GM or he's not.

Now, I would say, he can't be trusted to pick the next quarterback. And if you can't trust the GM to fill the QB position, why even waste time---jettison him now.

From a practical point of view, I realize they're not going to do that one year removed from 12-4 and Executive of the Year....but they should. You CAN NOT allow Ryan Pace to pick the next QB. And if you can't trust your GM to do that, it's time to move on to the next guy.

It's funny, because Pace could actually extend his tenure and help himself by moving on from Trubisky. He doesn't have to drop him from the roster (I understand they're on the hook for salary cap money with Mitch regardless). But if Pace went out and signed a Teddy Bridgewater or traded late into the first round to grab a QB, and one of those QBs had a fairly good season with Trubisky on the sideline, they'd probably let him continue on his current trajectory with the new QB without firing him, at least for a little bit.

Point being, by sticking so vehemently to Trubisky, Pace is actually endangering himself more and more.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Teams like the ravens, packers, and patriots have always been good. Those are good organizations. Not the bears. Why can't that be the bears? It's fans like you that make the team shitty. The mccaskeys know that meatballs like you will always support the team no matter what, so they just don't care.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They were 12-4 last year and a few bad breaks from being 10-6 this year.

Hypothethicals don't matter. If parkey makes that kick, the bears might have gone to the super bowl. But he didn't, so we will never know. Bears might have won sb 41 if brian griese was under center. But he wasn't so it doesnt matter.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Point being, by sticking so vehemently to Trubisky, Pace is actually endangering himself more and more.

Tru dat. In pro sports what happens every offseason? Teams shore up the prior years deficiencies.

IF they ignore the QB position solely due to Mitch's draft status and he struggles again next season with no competent backup plan. Nagy WILL lose the locker room and it may be a good thing cause it will just accelerate his walking papers with Pace right behind him.

Phillips just has to make sure Pace doesn't offer Mitch a 5th year option by the deadline cause it will just handcuff the next coach/front office that replaces them.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

You calling anyone a meatball would be like snoop dogg calling someone a pothead skinny little bitch.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Tru dat. In pro sports what happens every offseason? Teams shore up the prior years deficiencies.

IF they ignore the QB position solely due to Mitch's draft status and he struggles again next season with no competent backup plan. Nagy WILL lose the locker room and it may be a good thing cause it will just accelerate his walking papers with Pace right behind him. Phillips just has to make sure Pace doesn't offer Mitch a 5th year option by the deadline cause it will just handcuff the next coach/front office that replaces them.

Teddy should not only mandate not picking up the option, but prevent future draft picks from being traded as well. It's a lame duck season for pace because let's be honest. This team is not making the playoffs which mitch under center.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hypothethicals don't matter. If parkey makes that kick, the bears might have gone to the super bowl. But he didn't, so we will never know. Bears might have won sb 41 if brian griese was under center. But he wasn't so it doesnt matter.

Very true----We could look back a decade down the line and say that year was the Bears' best shot at a Super Bowl, that *that* was the year.

Also, we could just as easily say the Bears were a few lucky breaks away from 6-10---Were gifted a game-deciding penalty at the end of the Broncos game, could've just as easily lost the second Vikings game or the Giants game, or one of the Lions' games if Stafford is playing. We could go round and round with this game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
no matter how people thought of him in the past, he screwed up the QB position. He has to fix it this off season and get the Bears back in the playoffs to fix this mess. It is fixable but he has to make the right decision this offseason and sticking with Trubisky and a backup will not be the right decision.

We'd all like the QB position to be fixed but it's a little harder to do for Pace who has a salary cap to stick to and so many other needs to fill then it is for us fans to post that we need to do it on a message board. I wish we could just go out and trade for Cam or sign one of the big name QB's that will be out there but Cam will cost valuable assets and any of the bigger name QB's that will or could be out there will cost a good chunk of cap and there's a very good chance that they won't be able to get this team to the playoffs cause they're either old and can't play like they used to or they've been average QB's so far in their careers so who's to say they wouldn't be the same for us and then the same people that are bitching now will be bitching at the end of next year that Pace spent cap on this veteran QB and we still didn't make the playoffs.

Do you guys really think A.Dalton will take this team to the playoffs next year? Brady and Rivers will cost at least $15 mil per right? We can't afford that. You guys are saying Pace needs to fix it but there isn't a real clear way to fix it without it just being him taking a chance on a QB that could come in and be a bust. There's no sure thing out there.

Now people are gonna say i'm just kissing Pace's ass cause that's the only thing they can find to say about me for years now but if you look at it from the view of the GM and staying under the cap and all the other needs we have with limited cap space and limited draft picks then you could see it clear. I'm also not saying he shouldn't do anything cause i want C.Keenum and wouldn't mind taking a shot on Mariota but i also would never say that either of those two would come in and fix it but there's always a chance they could or at least push Trubisky to play better.

I say fix the other needs on offense, sign a vet or take a shot in the draft on a QB in the mid rounds but Trubisky goes into next year as the starter and go from there.

The best thing they could do in my opinion would be hire P.Shurmur and give him play calling duties and sign C.Keenum who had his best year as a pro under Shurmur in Minn.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Long winded pace dick licking post from dathief70

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I guess my point is that we could do a lot worse than ryan pace at GM.

He did however hire nagy and draft trubisky. He also has done a lot of good. Rebuilt this defense from the ground up. This isn't something like the trash phil emery handed us.

It doesn't matter that he's made more good decisions with draft picks and signings then he's made bad ones cause he drafted the wrong QB in the draft so that means he's gotta go. Bring in the next GM and CCS will be shitting all over him before he gets through his 2nd year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The NFL hit rate on first round picks is pretty horrid overall.

Very few players turn out "elite". Most become leonard floyds.

He fucked up the mitch pick. Normally taking the wrong qb wouldn't be as big of an issue if the other two guys weren't perrenial pro bowlers. Thats where he went wrong and should be put on the hot seat.

Otherwise I think he's done a fantastic job. Even the leno contract at the time was fantastic, blaming him for that now is just recency bias. Same with the massie deal. He hasn't really given out a terrible contract since his time here while attracting a ton of quality FA's and retaining all the quality talent we already have.

I agree with most but he has actually overpaid some free agents so he has given out some bad contracts. I don't think the Leno or Massie contract was bad when he gave them to them because they were both playing well enough to deserve them and then this year happened.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule. I'm not saying that there aren't very succesful nfl GM's, but they are rare.

I already debunked the patriots thing to WCBF. As stated. The bears drafted as many pro bowlers in one year than the pats did in 8.

I already posted Ballard/Newsomes draft history. Which are not great. Those are the last two guys to win the executive of the year award.

Newsome has done well, but you can even go back the last decade and find MANY bad picks by him.

Like I said, even the best GM's are just throwing darts at the wall.

We could do a lot worse than pace, is all I am saying. He's been fantastic at attracting free agents, and for the most part has put this team in a good financial position.

His only real mistake that is unfortunate and irreversible is the QB position. I can blame him for a lot more but to expect perfection from an executive in this league is pretty much impossible.

Literally no one expects perfection.... that is a straw man you invented.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's not how it works. He's either the GM or he's not.

Now, I would say, he can't be trusted to pick the next quarterback. And if you can't trust the GM to fill the QB position, why even waste time---jettison him now.

From a practical point of view, I realize they're not going to do that one year removed from 12-4 and Executive of the Year....but they should. You CAN NOT allow Ryan Pace to pick the next QB. And if you can't trust your GM to do that, it's time to move on to the next guy.

It's funny, because Pace could actually extend his tenure and help himself by moving on from Trubisky. He doesn't have to drop him from the roster (I understand they're on the hook for salary cap money with Mitch regardless). But if Pace went out and signed a Teddy Bridgewater or traded late into the first round to grab a QB, and one of those QBs had a fairly good season with Trubisky on the sideline, they'd probably let him continue on his current trajectory with the new QB without firing him, at least for a little bit.

So go sign Bridgewater who will cost $20-$25 mil per?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You calling anyone a meatball would be like snoop dogg calling someone a pothead skinny little bitch.

And you just asked why the Bears can't be like two of the teams with all time great QB's...Hahaha. Now who's sounding dumb? Just so you know....it's you.