Smith to Ravens

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How many players do they need? How many can they get with an average turn out in the draft and how many with those 125 mill?
At least 4 premium FAs if they want, plus other non-premium.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Faith and wishful thinking does not exist. It’s not logical, it’s just a wish fans have. The chance of it happening it’s very slim. There a bigger chance it will take at least 4 years.
I think nowadays, you need to be a strong playoff contender in 3 years to get your coaching extension. So, by the end of 2023 and maybe early 2024, we better show that we are contending.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This may have been said already cause I'm late to the thread, but those people are idiots. The Ravens have Roquan for 9 games. Then he's a free agent. They could pay him $20mil guaranteed for the next year, but essentially they just gave a 2nd and 5th for 9 games of an an off ball LB.
I'm assuming they know what he wants and are willing to pay it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yes, guess they are idiots. That is why the Ravens never manage to be good, oh wait . . .
They have different interests than the Bears, and because of their free agent situation, they can get a 3rd round comp for him if he becomes a free agent.

You should think about these things a little harder and be less emotional when you post. When your emotions take over, logic fails.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
At least 4 premium FAs if they want, plus other non-premium.
4? And how many holes ar e there? I mean the entire defense, thats at least 11, the entire WR core, the entire Oline, at the very least.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have different interests than the Bears, and because of their free agent situation, they can get a 3rd round comp for him if he becomes a free agent.

You should think about these things a little harder and be less emotional when you post. When your emotions take over, logic fails.

Hahahahaha.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
4? And how many holes ar e there? I mean the entire defense, thats at least 11, the entire WR core, the entire Oline, at the very least.
No, there are fewer holes that that. They already a guy who is playing at a pro bowl level at OL, another promising rookie at LT, and a starting level LG. They also have a #2 WR. The premium guys allow guys who are not elite players to not have to be elite players.

They also have pretty much their entire starting secondary.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's about what I expected.
You just called the Ravens IDIOTS for giving up a 2nd and a 5th for 9 games. I am sure their plans are quite different than that. Who is the one not thinking.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, there are fewer holes that that. They already a guy who is playing at a pro bowl level at OL, another promising rookie at LT, and a starting level LG. They also have a #2 WR. The premium guys allow guys who are not elite players to not have to be elite players.

I think if they spend money on both sides of t he line, and allocate draft resources to it too, they could have a quick turnaround even without completely fixing a lot of holes.

Paying a MLB when you have zero pass rush and interior dlinemen is stupid, as much as I love quan.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We didn't have to commit yet. It's been half of one season. The staff could have had another 1.5 seasons to use him, evaluate him, and communicate his value. Then come to a decision of what they wanted to do. And if we couldny come to an agreement, then we could move on and get high comp pick.
or hear me out he could have declined or been injured and got less two ways to play the guessing game. Look at the Quinn trade everyone upset Becuz wasn't last season when he set OUR record. Other teams don't care as much like I wouldn't care if a WR set the Bengals or Jets single season record in anything ? before coming here.

pablovi

Liked Posts:

Because of a few games? Eddie Jacskon Sucked for two straight years, and he’s better this year, but still nowhere as good as a few years back, and in 3 years he’s not going to be very good. mooney is not a #2 WR, maybe a third. But in 3 years? Who knows.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
The secondary is set. If they can build a great Dline (a draft pick and a free agent), they can get away with replacement level linebackers.
Who is that secondary? Gordon was betting burned a few weeks ago. The other rookies have played a good game or two. EJax was terrible for the past two years. In 3 years who know how he will play.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You just called the Ravens IDIOTS for giving up a 2nd and a 5th for 9 games. I am sure their plans are quite different than that. Who is the one not thinking.
I didn't and I explained why - they are in a win now scenario and a position to get back a high comp pick.

I called people idiots who thought the Bears could have gotten more for him in a trade. Again, I think being emotional over this loss has affected your reading comprehension.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Poles is great at deconstructing a team and bringing in third rate players. (Look at the fringe WRs he signed.) Unlikely that a pick at the bottom of the second round will replace Roquan. And remember the draft is a huge gamble and half of the players fail or are not quality NFL players.

Now the real challenge will be putting together a quality roster. Prediction: a short career for the latest failure at GM. and that Roquan will thrive with the Ravens.
He signed what was available for the price. I'm sure you'd have gone more Pace style and given up the next decades draft picks for other teams star players that they are willing to let go. True stars you won't get rid of replacement ones you will no matter the name as Russell Wilson. But that's a gamble even in your locker room with your talent. We got two decent picks and a roster player RS didn't do anything spectacular yesterday I rewatched the game twice. Over pursuing, late tackles and some good play as well in other words a good LB not best ever. I seen Sanborn have almost same impact at a cheaper price we will be fine now just have to see who will cry on stage when find out about him being traded.