Smith to Ravens

napo55

Liked Posts:
They have different interests than the Bears, and because of their free agent situation, they can get a 3rd round comp for him if he becomes a free agent.

You should think about these things a little harder and be less emotional when you post. When your emotions take over, logic fails.
They have different interests than the Bears, and because of their free agent situation, they can get a 3rd round comp for him if he becomes a free agent.

You should think about these things a little harder and be less emotional when you post. When your emotions take over, logic fails.
You lose your credibility when you attack the poster rather than the post. The Ravens are a successful franchise over the last several years and the Bears can fairly be called a failed franchise.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Because of a few games? Eddie Jacskon Sucked for two straight years, and he’s better this year, but still nowhere as good as a few years back, and in 3 years he’s not going to be very good. mooney is not a #2 WR, maybe a third. But in 3 years? Who knows.
You could babble on with this dumb shit about almost every team.

Yes, the Bears will have to make very smart choices to be good next year. No, they don't have to replace their entire OL or WR group in order to do so.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You lose your credibility when you attack the poster rather than the post. The Ravens are a successful franchise over the last several years and the Bears can fairly be called a failed franchise.
You lose your credibility when you fail to read what I wrote and then comment on something else. Try it again, and go slow this time.

My initial comment was about those who thought the Bears could get more for Roquan, not about the Ravens.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Getting a 2nd back is huge. This allows for poles to go some combo of WR/DL/OL with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.
Personally, I'd prefer address the OL in free agency so you get experienced solid veterans (at least 2, hopefully 3) protecting Fields for a change. Then go WR, DL and LB in some order or other. Probably get a WR in FA also. Get experience around fields and build a young defense. It's worked before.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't and I explained why - they are in a win now scenario and a position to get back a high comp pick.

I called people idiots who thought the Bears could have gotten more for him in a trade.

Okay, I read that wrong, sorry. The Ravens value defense and the linebacker position. I believe they see him certainly for this year and for another 5-7 years to come as their next star linebacker. Maybe, I'm wrong, we'll see.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You could babble on with this dumb shit about almost every team.

Yes, the Bears will have to make very smart choices to be good next year. No, they don't have to replace their entire OL or WR group in order to do so.
They have no defense. It will end up as the bottom defense this year.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay, I read that wrong, sorry. The Ravens value defense and the linebacker position. I believe they see him certainly for this year and for another 5-7 years to come as their next star linebacker. Maybe, I'm wrong, we'll see.

they also have a more important player to sign right now and thats lamar jackson. i can see roquan hitting free agency next season anyway

shoez90

Liked Posts:
In fairness, if Adams was trading the year prior right before the trade deadline, he would have garnered a bigger return.
who told you this magic 8 ball? Are you a GM is this Pace backup account ? ? relax it's a joke

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Personally, I'd prefer address the OL in free agency so you get experienced solid veterans (at least 2, hopefully 3) protecting Fields for a change. Then go WR, DL and LB in some order or other. Probably get a WR in FA also. Get experience around fields and build a young defense. It's worked before.
They were supposed to do that last offseason, and they mostly failed.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The guy who I was arguing with literally just apologized to me.

So I think you are the one being a pedantic turd here.
Seems like that's an apt description of you.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The primary Bears defensive objective next year is going to be landing a difference maker at 3 Tech. A lot of these other holes in the front 7 will be a lot easier/cheaper to fill once that happens. There is no use in tying up this much money into Roquan at this point.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Getting a 2nd back is huge. This allows for poles to go some combo of WR/DL/OL with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.
Typo in your reply...should read

dl, lb, cb

Bears! Defence!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They have no defense. It will end up as the bottom defense this year.
I doubt that happens, but if it does it's a rebuild. They will target important positions with lots FA and draft capital and hopefully make good choices.