Smith to Ravens

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Smith and Mack are really the only ones who are impact players of those guys, Fuller above average and Goldman/Floyd maybe slightly above average. Goldman was bad his last few years with the Bears.

Fix the dline and get a decent LB to replace Quan, they will be fine.
Finding a Mack or Smith type player is hard. And having those above average players is hard as well. See the state they’re right now. Hard and it will take long. About 3 years, at least. And even with all that the Bears were average or below.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Finding a Mack or Smith type player is hard. And having those above average players is hard as well. See the state they’re right now. Hard and it will take long. About 3 years, at least. And even with all that the Bears were average or below.
I mean they were a top 10 statistical defense before the trades.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're gonna need to open up the offense a little more if they keep giving up points like that. At least Dallas kept scoring fast and giving them some time to try and come back. But if the Bears get down 2-3 scores in a game where they are losing TOP, then running on first, second, and third downs ain't gonna get it.
Not sure why it would matter.....I think the Bears are making it very clear that winning games this year is not on their to do list. They got a load of draft picks they need to make good on....the higher they are, the better.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
now youre just making shit up

in what world are goldman and leonard floyd studs? they were above average at best (goldman, before getting paid) and average ( Floyd ). Wouldnt even call Fuller a stud either
Lol. Yeah.

Only part I'd disagree with is Fuller. He had some slumps, and playing off so far all the time occasionally caused issues. But overall, he was a very, very good CB when you average it all out IMO.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Because of a few games? Eddie Jacskon Sucked for two straight years, and he’s better this year, but still nowhere as good as a few years back, and in 3 years he’s not going to be very good. mooney is not a #2 WR, maybe a third. But in 3 years? Who knows.
uwotm8. Jackson is absolutely playing at a level on par with years past. This is actually his best season Tackling and hitting by a wide margin. Not even taking into account the picks

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol. Yeah.

Only part I'd disagree with is Fuller. He had some slumps, and playing off so far all the time occasionally caused issues. But overall, he was a very, very good CB when you average it all out IMO.

True but thats one that seems like they let him go at the correct time. He isn't that anymore

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I still think smith didn’t look great this year cause our dline blows. We’ve seen how bad lbs were when our dline sucked with lovies defense this is no diff to me. If he looks bad with the ravens it will change my mind. Either way I think this is what’s best after things got salty with the contract stuff. I wonder what ravens long term plans with him are cause they got a big contract with jackson coming up

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Finding a Mack, yes, Smith...no...he's a good linebacker, nothing more. The most over rated Bears player in years. Misses way to many tackles, takes way to many bad angles.

If Fields continues to improve they will be competitive next season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So would you say Robert Quinn was productive?
More productive than the three DEs who are remaining on the team? Yes.

You are going with the big stat for defensive linemen, the sack. That is a major disservice to the position. Consider Quinn sack production last year. It was a career year for Quinn. Consider that his career year in sacks was around one sack per game.

Are you going to tell me that a DE who is effective once per game is doing a good job?

I would hope not. What made his 2021 a good year was the career year in sacks, good production as a rush defender, QB hits, QB hurries, QB knockdowns, pass breakups and turnovers.

Have you ever heard that a QB hurry is almost as good as a sack?

The reason for this is both help the DBs who are covering WRs, TEs and RBs to not have to cover them forever. Given enough time, no CB can cover even backup WRs because they will eventually be open.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I still think smith didn’t look great this year cause our dline blows. We’ve seen how bad lbs were when our dline sucked with lovies defense this is no diff to me. If he looks bad with the ravens it will change my mind. Either way I think this is what’s best after things got salty with the contract stuff. I wonder what ravens long term plans with him are cause they got a big contract with jackson coming up

And this is exactly why you don't pay off the ball linebackers $20 mil a season unless they are impact players regardless of their surroundings. Smith has looked mediocre for most of the season.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I mean they were a top 10 statistical defense before the trades.
This year? They’re 19th as of today in points. Haven’t checked before. But they have an easy schedule.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Finding a Mack, yes, Smith...no...he's a good linebacker, nothing more. The most over rated Bears player in years. Misses way to many tackles, takes way to many bad angles.

If Fields continues to improve they will be competitive next season.
Well, they haven’t had as good of a LB since Briggs, Urlacher were around.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
uwotm8. Jackson is absolutely playing at a level on par with years past. This is actually his best season Tackling and hitting by a wide margin. Not even taking into account the picks
If he can keep it up for more than half of the season left, yes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No team has studs at every position. Add three impact players on the defense at impact positions, they will be fine. Not saying that will happen, but it could with the amount of resources they have.
Problem is on this board, it’s what the meatballs expect.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This year? They’re 19th as of today in points. Haven’t checked before. But they have an easy schedule.
They've had one of the hardest schedule in football actually. And yes, giving up 49 will affect the ranking through 8 games.

You just pull shit out of your ass.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Well, they haven’t had as good of a LB since Briggs, Urlacher were around.

Yeah, maybe, but that doesn't make him worth $20 mil a season.

And the bottom line. They weren't going to re-sign him. This was the right move.