Smith to Ravens

pablovi

Liked Posts:
is that a bet then? I say north next year with right moves and deep push possible contender 2024.
I think betting is stupid, but my post will be right there. You can always bookmark it and brag if I’m wrong.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I doubt that happens, but if it does it's a rebuild. They will target important positions with lots FA and draft capital and hopefully make good choices.
That’s my point, hopefully, but how many good choices does an average GM does? How many turn out to be good players? With all the needs, I’d say that takes 3 off seasons, at least.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Seems like that's an apt description of you.
So you enter into a conversation late, are 100% wrong in casting an aspersion on me because you failed to read through the conversation, and then can't accept being called on it.

Anything else to say?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That’s my point, hopefully, but how many good choices does an average GM does? How many turn out to be good players? With all the needs, I’d say that takes 3 off seasons, at least.
No team has studs at every position. Add three impact players on the defense at impact positions, they will be fine. Not saying that will happen, but it could with the amount of resources they have.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Most posters here don't seem to understand the uncertainty of the draft. They seem to assume that all the draft choices will succeed. So when you trade a good player for a draft choice, you are already going against the odds.
I also don't understand the love for Poles. He's done a good job of deconstructing the team and there is zero evidence that he knows how to construct one.
if he hits on half his picks currently that will be 5-6 competent team players with enuff money capital to add another three in FA not superstar or blockbuster words you like to hear but team players that puts you at 8-9. Who's the dummy then ?. Following year essentially same thing now do you pessimistic knee-jerk fans get it?? We are in the NFCN with a declining GB team where a game above .500 could win auto PO bid.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Okay, I read that wrong, sorry. The Ravens value defense and the linebacker position. I believe they see him certainly for this year and for another 5-7 years to come as their next star linebacker. Maybe, I'm wrong, we'll see.
Certainly could happen. They already have Patrick Queen, interesting that they are the ones who put that much value on Roq.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
they also have a more important player to sign right now and thats lamar jackson. i can see roquan hitting free agency next season anyway
That's when the Bears jump in and re-sign him, pulling the final lynch pin from poles master rebuild strategy.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I think if they spend money on both sides of t he line, and allocate draft resources to it too, they could have a quick turnaround even without completely fixing a lot of holes.

Paying a MLB when you have zero pass rush and interior dlinemen is stupid, as much as I love quan.
And it may not be that big a rebuild for the O-Line:
LT: Braxton Jones - developing quite nicely
LG: ?? (Whitehair injured, Leatherwood? Schofield?)
C: ?? (Patrick injured, Mustipher iffy)
RG: Teven Jenkins (looking elite)
RT: Larry Borom (looks solid)

Three out of five positions look solid on the O-Line, while they need some work at DT (Jones looks OK, but another DT would be good).

Dealing Roquan also helps with draft position - so a game-changing DT could be had in the 1st. They could even trade up to get "their" guy, or even trade down with a team looking for a QB and get more picks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Certainly could happen. They already have Patrick Queen, interesting that they are the ones who put that much value on Roq.
Patrick Queen has been a disappointment for them from what I have read

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Patrick Queen has been a disappointment for them from what I have read
Could be, but his stats are solid and when i watch them he seems to be active.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
No team has studs at every position. Add three impact players on the defense at impact positions, they will be fine. Not saying that will happen, but it could with the amount of resources they have.
3? The level of Mack, Smith, Fuller, Goldman, Floyd? They had them all and at least 3 of them the las two years and they finished 22nd and 14th in Points defense. That’s average and below average.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3? The level of Mack, Smith, Fuller, Goldman, Floyd? They had them all and at least 3 of them the las two years and they finished 22nd and 14th in Points defense. That’s average and below average.

now youre just making shit up

in what world are goldman and leonard floyd studs? they were above average at best (goldman, before getting paid) and average ( Floyd ). Wouldnt even call Fuller a stud either

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Roquan and sad for the bears but believe in the plan.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
giphy.webp

Poles really is taking the napalm to Pace's reign of incompetence. Getting whatever he can.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Would not surprise me at all if the Bears ended up with Shaq Leonard next year. Does he really fit that new system? Been injured. I’m sure he needs a new hawk t-shirt by now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Smith and Mack are really the only ones who are impact players of those guys, Fuller above average and Goldman/Floyd maybe slightly above average. Goldman was bad his last few years with the Bears.

Fix the dline and get a decent LB to replace Quan, they will be fine.