Smith to Ravens

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
They've had one of the hardest schedule in football actually. And yes, giving up 49 will affect the ranking through 8 games.

You just pull shit out of your ass.

The stats are totally misleading. This defense played one good game against the Patriots. Otherwise they've been bad to terrible.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
For a guy that wasn’t in the long term plans I’ll take it. They never were signing him to big money.
Agree 100%. To pay him would have been a mistake, he does not seem to fit what they want. And to tag him would have more than likely created a problem child.

I think what this really means, at least in my opinion, is that they are sold on Fields and now have the luxury of trading down that first pick for more picks, unless the guy they really covet is there at the higher pick.

I also think that they will use one of the second rounders on a QB.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe, but that doesn't make him worth $20 mil a season.

And the bottom line. They weren't going to re-sign him. This was the right move.
I never said it was worth it. I’m just fine with the trade. I said finding talent like him is hard and not done fast. My points is with all the holes in the defense and offense it will take at least 3 years to rebuild.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
or hear me out he could have declined or been injured and got less two ways to play the guessing game. Look at the Quinn trade everyone upset Becuz wasn't last season when he set OUR record. Other teams don't care as much like I wouldn't care if a WR set the Bengals or Jets single season record in anything ? before coming here.
Yes, he could decline or get injured, but so can any player. That's also why you give yourself 1.5 years to come to an agreement. You can back out at any moment. This staff grades each player every week on their standards. By the end of 1.5 years both sides know exactly where each either is and if a deal is imminent.

Comparing to Quinn is a completely different situation. Quinn was 32 years old and past his prime years. There is no scenario where we were going to extend Quinn.

Also, I would care if another player set a team record elsewhere. Especially a WR. But their age also should be considered as well.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
They've had one of the hardest schedule in football actually. And yes, giving up 49 will affect the ranking through 8 games.

You just pull shit out of your ass.
Hardest? It’s was ranked 4th easiest, only 3 other teams had it easier.

Only 3 out of 8 teams with a winning record.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The stats are totally misleading. This defense played one good game against the Patriots. Otherwise they've been bad to terrible.
Well I think giving up 6 points until the fumble inside the 5 against WAS was pretty good. I'd say 10 against SF was pretty good.

They have been far, far from the worst defense. I find it weird to complain about giving up 19 per game, which is what they were giving up before Sunday.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Damn...we had plenty of money to at least franchise him next season. Why give away one of your best defensive players?! If we needed a QB, then maybe. But I'm down with Fields and I think he has proved as much.

We are just making holes we are going to have to fill. And thats your young, Defensive leader.

This sends a bad message.

To me, Smith was a keeper...Young guy, just entering his prime, one of the five best at his position in the NFL, no off-field issues. That's a foundation piece.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hardest? It’s was ranked 4th easiest, only 3 other teams had it easier.

You can see here:

that their current strength of schedule is at .562, which is 4th toughest.

Your link is projected by Vegas over the season before the season started, not what is actually the case. This is an idiotic thing to link as evidence and, again, shows that you are just pulling shit from your ass.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I never said it was worth it. I’m just fine with the trade. I said finding talent like him is hard and not done fast. My points is with all the holes in the defense and offense it will take at least 3 years to rebuild.

Nah, Secondary is young and ascending. Linebackers are largely dependent on their surrounding cast. They've got all the resources they need to address the d-line. They need better receivers. The o-line has a lot of promise. If Fields continues to improve they can compete for the play-offs next season.

clear

Liked Posts:
Poles is trying to stock pile the worst assortment of players in the history of the NFL.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Well I think giving up 6 points until the fumble inside the 5 against WAS was pretty good. I'd say 10 against SF was pretty good.

They have been far, far from the worst defense. I find it weird to complain about giving up 19 per game, which is what they were giving up before Sunday.

Not the worst. But bottom 5. Again, stats are misleading. The defense has been bad for most of the season.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He’s a LB (who isn’t an edge rusher) looking to make 20+ million a year. A team isn’t going to give up multiple higher round picks and then have to pay him what he is demanding.
He's an idiot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So, 125 million between all those holes, it doesn’t add up to very good players. And picks, like 20% or less really turn out to be good for the Bears.
You get that Ryan Poles was not part of all those Bears picks prior to this last draft, where he has added 3 primary starters, a rotational pass rusher, and a top 12 punter all without a first round pick and only 5 picks heading into the draft, aren't you? And what exactly has he lost, a DE that wasn't going to be on the team next season regardless and a very good, not great, ILB that was either gone or disgruntled playing on the franchise tag?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not the worst. But bottom 5. Again, stats are misleading. The defense has been bad for most of the season.
They may wind up close to bottom five, but they absolutely weren't for the first eight weeks.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Poles is trying to stock pile the worst assortment of players in the history of the NFL.

That is absurd. They're not even close to the worst team in the NFL this season.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You can see here:

that their current strength of schedule is at .562, which is 4th toughest.

Your link is projected by Vegas over the season before the season started, not what is actually the case. This is an idiotic thing to link as evidence and, again, shows that you are just pulling shit from your ass.
Well, when the season is over we’ll have the correct SOS. Right now only 3 out of 8 teams have a winning record.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
They may wind up close to bottom five, but they absolutely weren't for the first eight weeks.

You must not watch the games then. I don't know what to tell you. But when teams average 156 yards a game rushing on you and your offense can't score you might look decent statistically but they have been consistently bad for most of the season. 31st rushing defense, 31st 3rd down defense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well, when the season is over we’ll have the correct SOS. Right now only 3 out of 8 teams have a winning record.
That is a different point, has nothing to do with what we were arguing, and is also likely very wrong, with Philly, Buffalo, Minny, Miami all left on the schedule.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
2nd and 5th for a half season rental isn't too bad. Tackle stat padding from a non impact player just wasnt worth what Roquan was asking. Good on Poles to get something out of it.