Smith to Ravens

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cmon this is fucking horrible. Smith is 25 never hurt, all pro. We can’t even get one fucking 1st? Panthers can get 4 picks for mcaffrey who will be hurt in 4 games.
There are THREE players in the history of the NFL who averaged more yards per game from scrimmage than McCaffrey.

Smith is a linebacker.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
There are THREE players in the history of the NFL who averaged more yards per game from scrimmage than McCaffrey.

Smith is a linebacker.
Plus the 9ers have a history doling out draft picks like a drunken sailor.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This may have been said already cause I'm late to the thread, but those people are idiots. The Ravens have Roquan for 9 games. Then he's a free agent. They could pay him $20mil guaranteed for the next year, but essentially they just gave a 2nd and 5th for 9 games of an an off ball LB.
And they're not likely to franchise him as they may very well need that tag for Lamar.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Will look forward to Smith 'playing himself into shape' against Nick Chubb.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Good luck filling that position with someone who is =/> than Quan. If they use a 1st to do it, shame on Poles

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Most posters here don't seem to understand the uncertainty of the draft. They seem to assume that all the draft choices will succeed. So when you trade a good player for a draft choice, you are already going against the odds.
I also don't understand the love for Poles. He's done a good job of deconstructing the team and there is zero evidence that he knows how to construct one.
I guess I look at it very much from the opposite point of view.

Poles hanging onto Roquan and then having to a) pay him more than management thinks he's worth in this system, b) franchise (and still pay him a ton), or c) lose him.....THAT would be a sign to me that the GM doesn't get it.

Trading him now for two picks (and a body, for whatever that's worth) is looking to the future. I think there has been concern all along about whether he fits this D (which I think stinks as he is a terrific player). But if he has less value in Flus' D and he demands too much $ and asks for a trade, this is not a bad move at all. I think him acting as his own agent had management thinking he wasn't going to be reasoned with. Agents at least can see the FMV of players. Players more often think they're worth more than what the market would say.

Poles is doing the opposite of Pace. He's not trying to band-aid a situation and stay middle of the pack. Poles wants draft capital and money to spend and he has both. If this and the Quinn trade means the team loses another game or two, that's a plus given that 2022 is a throw away.

I get that the jury is out on whether Poles builds a champion. But he has shown he knows what it takes to build, and he's sticking to that plan.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I still think smith didn’t look great this year cause our dline blows. We’ve seen how bad lbs were when our dline sucked with lovies defense this is no diff to me. If he looks bad with the ravens it will change my mind. Either way I think this is what’s best after things got salty with the contract stuff. I wonder what ravens long term plans with him are cause they got a big contract with jackson coming up
Lovie had Urlacher and Briggs. Were you watching a different team?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Which 3 primary starters? Which rotational pass rusher? I don’t care about what he lost. I care about how hes going to get that level of talent. And how long will it take.
You don't know that Brisker, Gordon and Jones have all been starters as rookies?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn...we had plenty of money to at least franchise him next season. Why give away one of your best defensive players?! If we needed a QB, then maybe. But I'm down with Fields and I think he has proved as much.

We are just making holes we are going to have to fill. And thats your young, Defensive leader.
sorta of think he may have had an attitude problem behind the scenes

I mean lots of red flags with this guy from the outside looking in

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
sorta of think he may have had an attitude problem behind the scenes

I mean lots of red flags with this guy from the outside looking in
The guy lost his tablet year 1 in TC, held out during TC as a rookie never playing a down in the nfl, and he held out this year demanding a fully guaranteed contract.

Not only that but he came in out of shape. Doesn’t seem motivated imo. Loved his play as a bear but the thought of giving him a league high at position fully guaranteed contract…. Fuck no

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not down with a 2nd and a 5th. I get it that he's about to get paid but i was thinking two high picks whether that be a 1st and a 4th or 2 2nd's or a 2nd and a 3rd but not happy with the 2nd pick being a 5th.

lul you on crack

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I hope we can model ourselves after Arizona who drafted LB in back to back years in the first round!
I’m not against this move, but I fear Poles is gonna fuck this up considering the shite he’s brought in

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Plus the 9ers have a history doling out draft picks like a drunken sailor.
I believe the 49ers have three compensation picks for losing minority coaches or management.