So, Fields is the real deal? Right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that's why shit stains are present. Bears football was undefeated this preseason. And this shitty post is uncalled for.
This reeks of a 4-0 pre-season of McCaskey desperation and embarrassment, where we emerge week 1 with a trash o-line facing a high energy team with a good, experienced front that will whip us like catholic school children stuck at dormitory over spring break.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think the squeaky wheels that dominate post don't represent a majority. More a vocal minority. Saying Fields had a bad game when he had a bad game is not dumping on him nor does it represent future expectations which should always be somewhat guarded until you see that expectation come to fruition.

I really loved what I saw yesterday and that sort of play is my future expectation but it's one preseason game. Nothing is yet proven to this Fields fan.
Find my posts before that draft if you want to see my thoughts on him.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I just banned you for this several days ago. Enjoy your week off. Next time it will be a month.
My apologies @nvanprooyen, I didn't see this when I just reported that post. Thank you and have a good day!

As for football, Fields looked great last night and that was the closest I've seen him play to how he played nearly every game in college. Thank god Getsy is actually playing to Fields and the offensive line's strengths. There was a play early in the game where it was a shotgun snap to Fields who basically immediately threw it to the receiver and the Bears gained 7 yards or so. We never saw that under Nagy where the timing was perfect, the receivers blocked and the guy who caught it read the blocks and moved up field immediately, no hesitation. It was such a simple play but it was executed perfectly.

The TD pass that Fields had where he fit it into double coverage, we saw real route variations on that play that made the defense have to pick who to guard. Fields saw the small opening and put it right on the money. I am so happy not watching 6 yard curl routes or 4 verts on every passing play and actual distinct routes done by multiple receivers. It was one of those moments where I was like "FINALLY!"

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Even though it's preseason, I feel like da Bears are going 12-4 because of Fields. Her cookies are still amazing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I agree with you, your last sentence is up for debate. I really wish I could find the source, but someone did a deep analyzation of QBs and found you tend to have what you have after about 600 attempts or so. Really wish I could remember where that's from so I could cite it properly.
I recall that as well but I doesn't really clash with what I said though I don't like that sort of hard and fast rule as they come into the league at different stages of development and into different situations.

That will be the later part of this season for Fields so probably fits pretty well here. That was about the same time in Mitch's career but I sure don't think he was a known at the end of 2018 when he made the Pro Bowl. Josh Allen needed more reps etc. Herbert showed almost immediately and Burrow took 400 attempts. They're individuals and you will know sooner with some and later with others. It took Rich Gannon twice that to become a top QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok let's not get carried away. Pretty much all the top QBs can make that throw.

It's preseason. This was a great performance and nice confidence builder but let's not forget Trubisky threw 6 TDs in an actual regular season game before.
I was gonna say the same thing that there's many QB's that can make that throw, what we need from Fields is to be able to make that throw consistently and against starting units.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not even just about the TD's, he just looked so comfortable in the pocket and outside of it. I couldn't really find a single fault in his game tonight.

Granted, its preseason, but he made it look easy for the rest of his offensive players. I'm used to bears QB's doing the opposite.
Hopefully he can do that with M.Garrett and J.Clowney coming at you from each side. That 100% will be on his mind in a regular season game against Clev. I haven't seen anything but the highlights which they only showed the 3 TD passes so hard for me to talk about how he looked in the whole game until i watch it tomorrow after work.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So it's you two out on shit stain island by yourselves huh? Please don't drag Bearly through whatever it is you are on about.
You think the flaming cunt that calls himself “bearly” and attacks haphazardly over simple one sentence bullshit inside of a magnum opus is a victim?

I love me some Remy…but when he comes to argue he isn’t searching for truth…he comes to win.

Coming to attack certain posters without a fair search for truth and total justice will not impress me.

It’s a sick tired game without fruity many CCSers play. I pity them for they know not how small and pathetic they are.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
True. But id be willing to bet Scrubisky doesnt make that throw. No fucking way he puts it in between two defenders, shit he doesnt even attempt it because he never sees it. Also im betting he overthrows Kmet wide open in the endzone on the last TD. I have said and will continue to say Fields is the real deal. The kid can sling it.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You think the flaming cunt that calls himself “bearly” and attacks haphazardly over simple one sentence bullshit inside of a magnum opus is a victim?

I love me some Remy…but when he comes to argue he isn’t searching for truth…he comes to win.

Coming to attack certain posters without a fair search for truth and total justice will not impress me.

It’s a sick tired game without fruity many CCSers play. I pity them for they know not how small and pathetic they are.
@Bearly this seems like an uncalled for attack

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even last year, anyone with a brain and eyes could see Fields was the real deal and was being kneecapped by Matt Nagy's shit offense and a lack of an offensive line.

The real question is what he ends up maxing out as.

Will he end up being a very good quarterback, or a great quarterback?

In my mind that's the only thing yet to be determined.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
The Bears GOAT QB. #calledit101

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL. Enjoy.
1661701015571.png

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even last year, anyone with a brain and eyes could see Fields was the real deal and was being kneecapped by Matt Nagy's shit offense and a lack of an offensive line.

The real question is what he ends up maxing out as.

Will he end up being a very good quarterback, or a great quarterback?

In my mind that's the only thing yet to be determined.
No you couldn't. You could see he had the tools and composure just like when drafted. Encouraging but hardly a slam dunk.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
No you couldn't. You could see he had the tools and composure just like when drafted. Encouraging but hardly a slam dunk.

Bears fans dont know how to react and take it when their QB actually plays well. Whether its preseason, reg or even practice.. Too much history and the such... oh and the PTSD....

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Ok let's not get carried away. Pretty much all the top QBs can make that throw.

It's preseason. This was a great performance and nice confidence builder but let's not forget Trubisky threw 6 TDs in an actual regular season game before.
Exactly.

Justin herbert
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Matthew Stafford
Russell Wilson
Tom Brady
Joe Burrow
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Deshaun Watson

All can make that throw quite easily.

Kyler murray
Lamar Jackson
Mitch Trubisky
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz

Are probably more hit or miss with it.

Jared Goff
Tua Tagovailoa
Geno Smith

Are examples of guys who I'd doubt have the ability to hit it regularly.

It was a good throw undoubtedly, but the guys in the first group have been making throws better than that throughout their careers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would not call last seasons discussions about Fields favorably “a mass majority.”

Yeah…lol, a vast majority of CCSers were kind and patient and understanding of the grand scheme.

Try to say that sentence about any topic without vomiting from the taste of lies.
I get it but it's squeaky wheels looking for attention vs a more passive majority that's still unsure and waiting for more info. At least that's my perspective.