So Pace rebuilt the offensive line

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao. Look at the stats for GB for when Aaron Jones was on the field and when Williams was on the field. You know GB considered him a liability?
And yet he had a 4.2 YPC average and Monty has a 4.3.........................

Thanks for confirming Monty is just average at best

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And yet he had a 4.2 YPC average and Monty has a 4.3.........................

Thanks for confirming Monty is just average at best

Yes. I suppose Aaron Rodgers throwing darts all over the field has zero effect on defenses defending the pass instead of the run amirite?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Err ahh, Lions have jamall williams. and a pair of 4.3 WR's that will keep the secondary honest. Time will tell what perriman can do.

Again, Monty is a top 10 back because of carries, after that he is just a good back, not bad, not great. Blah blah blah yards after contact. Tell Monty to stop stutterer stepping and hit the hole with a burst and he won't get contacted in the backfield as much.

Lol at trying to hype Lions weak WRs.

Monty has always had a high broken tackle rate dating back to college. Monty was 4th in the NFL in missed tackles with 54. He broke tackles on 22% of his rushing attempts. The only guys higher were Henry, Cook and Chubb. Swift broke a tackle on 15% of his rushes despite all this alleged burst ie 17 out of 114 rushes.

It is amazing that a guy who was top 10 in yards, PFF grade, Fantasy Points, Yards after contact and missed tackles somehow isn't good. The last 2 in particular has nothing to do with number of carries. Any guy that gets over 3 yards a carry after contact and breaks a ton of tackles is going to accumulate good rushing yards.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at trying to hype Lions weak WRs.

Monty has always had a high broken tackle rate dating back to college. Monty was 4th in the NFL in missed tackles with 54. He broke tackles on 22% of his rushing attempts. The only guys higher were Henry, Cook and Chubb. Swift broke a tackle on 15% of his rushes despite all this alleged burst ie 17 out of 114 rushes.

It is amazing that a guy who was top 10 in yards, PFF grade, Fantasy Points, Yards after contact and missed tackles somehow isn't good. The last 2 in particular has nothing to do with number of carries. Any guy that gets over 3 yards a carry after contact and breaks a ton of tackles is going to accumulate good rushing yards.
Embellish a little do you? Show me where I ever said Monty wasn't good? He is good, just not great. I would rather have Swift. You as a Bears fan would rather have Monty. I brought up the point that overall consensus is Swift will have a better year. As proof I offered fantasy draft rankings, which are based on exactly that. You don't get a first down because you have more yards after contact, You get a first down because you gained the yards needed. I will take the RB that gains the most yards per carry everyday of the week. And yes, more missed tackles is the result of more carries,

David Montgomery runs a pedestrian 4.63 40 with a top speed of 17.67 MPH
D'Andre Swift runs a much better 4.48 with a top speed of 18.26 MPH

No hype on the Lions WR, only stated that they were fast

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Embellish a little do you? Show me where I ever said Monty wasn't good? He is good, just not great. I would rather have Swift. You as a Bears fan would rather have Monty. I brought up the point that overall consensus is Swift will have a better year. As proof I offered fantasy draft rankings, which are based on exactly that. You don't get a first down because you have more yards after contact, You get a first down because you gained the yards needed. I will take the RB that gains the most yards per carry everyday of the week. And yes, more missed tackles is the result of more carries,

Fantasy Football rankings do not eliminate the impact of a good OL. Not sure how many times this has to be explained to you. It is not proof of who is better especially when we clearly have data that Monty is actually better at the things RBs can control ie the ability to get YAC and break tackles.

There is clearly an element of a RBs YPC that is the result of how well the OL blocked on a given play. It is also quite obvious that the reason people started tracking yards after contact is because the yards before contact have an element of OL play aiding that number. Once again, Monty leads in YAC which is clearly not affected by the OL to the extent YPC is. The best RBs in the NFL tend to have YAC above 3. Swift does not. Monty does.

And no dummy, I calculated the percentage of missed tackles so that is not dependent on total carries because it is a percentage. Monty breaks tackles on 22% of his carries. Swift on only 15%. If you give Swift 247 carries to match Monty then he would have broken 37 tackles. Monty broke 54. So on a per rush basis Monty breaks just about 50% more tackles than Swift.

And no this is not a function of being a speed back. Even guys like Mostert, Ekeler, Boston Scott, Kamara, and Cook get around 3 yards or more after contact. Swift is simply on the low end of that metric for someone you claim is so good. Until he improves on that number he is not at Monty's level. Sorry.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fantasy Football rankings do not eliminate the impact of a good OL. Not sure how many times this has to be explained to you. It is not proof of who is better especially when we clearly have data that Monty is actually better at the things RBs can control ie the ability to get YAC and break tackles.

There is clearly an element of a RBs YPC that is the result of how well the OL blocked on a given play. It is also quite obvious that the reason people started tracking yards after contact is because the yards before contact have an element of OL play aiding that number. Once again, Monty leads in YAC which is clearly not affected by the OL to the extent YPC is. The best RBs in the NFL tend to have YAC above 3. Swift does not. Monty does.

And no dummy, I calculated the percentage of missed tackles so that is not dependent on total carries because it is a percentage. Monty breaks tackles on 22% of his carries. Swift on only 15%. If you give Swift 247 carries to match Monty then he would have broken 37 tackles. Monty broke 54. So on a per rush basis Monty breaks just about 50% more tackles than Swift.

And no this is not a function of being a speed back. Even guys like Mostert, Ekeler, Boston Scott, Kamara, and Cook get around 3 yards or more after contact. Swift is simply on the low end of that metric for someone you claim is so good. Until he improves on that number he is not at Monty's level. Sorry.
He is better than Monty, sorry, he gets more yards per carry. End of discussion. First you want to argue the Bears O-line isn't that bad, your if, buts and nuts argument, then when it suits your argument you want to say it is shit. LOL, you can't make this stuff up. You were saying that the Bears Guards where as good, if not better, than the Lions. This completely nullifies your argument for Monty not playing behind as good as an O-line as Swift. So which is it? You can't have it both ways. Monty is a good, plodding, run of the mill workhorse back, nothing special at all about him. Not to mention he is slow as dirt as well. Nothing more than a slow moving bowling ball. Your yards after contact means nothing. he does not gain as many yards per carry as Swift, you know, the guy that played behind Vaitia (who you said sucked) and Crosby (who you also said would not be a starter on the bears) both on the right side last year.

You remind me of the Jordan Howard fanboys from a few years ago....

LOL, keep trying.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so R. Pace rebuilt the offensive line...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is better than Monty, sorry, he gets more yards per carry. End of discussion. First you want to argue the Bears O-line isn't that bad, your if, buts and nuts argument, then when it suits your argument you want to say it is shit. LOL, you can't make this stuff up. You were saying that the Bears Guards where as good, if not better, than the Lions. This completely nullifies your argument for Monty not playing behind as good as an O-line as Swift. So which is it? You can't have it both ways. Monty is a good, plodding, run of the mill workhorse back, nothing special at all about him. Not to mention he is slow as dirt as well. Nothing more than a slow moving bowling ball. Your yards after contact means nothing. he does not gain as many yards per carry as Swift, you know, the guy that played behind Vaitia (who you said sucked) and Crosby (who you also said would not be a starter on the bears) both on the right side last year.

You remind me of the Jordan Howard fanboys from a few years ago....

LOL, keep trying.

You are arguing that Decker is miles better than Jenkins and presumably Leno. That Jackson is as good as Whitehair. That Ragnow is miles better than our Center, that Vaiti is clearly better than our RG and that Crosby would be penciled in as a starter at RT.

So it is your argument that is full of shit. You give the Lions every edge at OL but then pretend that Swift's YPC is entirely of his own doing. So which is it. Are they better across the board and if so how can you pretend YPC is not affected by them being better?

By contrast, I gave you Decker, Ragnow and said Crosby would compete at RT (not be penciled in at starter but still compete). I only gave the Bears the edge with Whitehair and said our RG would be marginally better than Vaitai. So overall, I am saying the Lions OL is better. Just not better at all 5 positions. Again your argument is mind numbingly stupid. You are basically saying they are better across the board but then ignore that fact when looking at Swift's YPC. You couldn't be more biased here.

Let's make this simple. Is the Lions OL much better than the Bears? If yes then does having a better OL impact a RBs YPC? Now let's watch the mental gymnastics unfold.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This reminds of when he suggested that Kerryon Johnson and L. Blount would fix the Lions issues running the ball. Lol

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are arguing that Decker is miles better than Jenkins and presumably Leno. That Jackson is as good as Whitehair. That Ragnow is miles better than our Center, that Vaiti is clearly better than our RG and that Crosby would be penciled in as a starter at RT.

So it is your argument that is full of shit. You give the Lions every edge at OL but then pretend that Swift's YPC is entirely of his own doing. So which is it. Are they better across the board and if so how can you pretend YPC is not affected by them being better?

By contrast, I gave you Decker, Ragnow and said Crosby would compete at RT (not be penciled in at starter but still compete). I only gave the Bears the edge with Whitehair and said our RG would be marginally better than Vaitai. So overall, I am saying the Lions OL is better. Just not better at all 5 positions. Again your argument is mind numbingly stupid. You are basically saying they are better across the board but then ignore that fact when looking at Swift's YPC. You couldn't be more biased here.

Let's make this simple. Is the Lions OL much better than the Bears? If yes then does having a better OL impact a RBs YPC? Now let's watch the mental gymnastics unfold.
Decker will be miles better than Jenkins, at least this year.
Jackson is as good as Whitehair, but this is your only real argument.
Vaitai is better when playing healthy and at the RG position than Daniels
Ragnow is miles better than what ever Nagy decides to trot out there at center this year.......
Sewel over god knows who you put at RT.

Now, I know this is tough for you, but that argument was who would have the better O-line THIS year.

Got it?

The Crosby argument was pertaining to depth, and it's only relative to the next part.

Now, pay careful attention. I know comprehension is tough for you so read this v e r y s l o w l y

if your going to use PFF nonsense numbers to compare RB's, you have to use the O_line they had when they accumulated those numbers.

Lions had Decker and Ragnow yes
But had a rookie LG, an injured Vaitai playing at RG, and Crosby playing at Rt.
Considering you have already made arguments that each of these platers are not starters on the Bears, and they compose 3 of the 5 starting O-lineman, you can't then also say the Lions O-line was significantly better in 2020 than the Bears O-line. So your argument for Monty being a better back than Swift goes to shit, save for some useless stat. Fact remains, Swift is faster, can jump higher, is more dynamic, and has a better yard for carry average than Monty.

So, if you want to take it back full circle and compose a team that you would start for 2021 to have the best possible offense for THAT year, from the Bears you would use

Arob definitely
Mooney probably
Whitehair maybe (rather insignificant either way you go, Whitehair has injury concerns)

That's is it. 2 possibly 3 out of 11 players.

I will give you that Fields has more long term upside than Goff, but doubt he will be better in his rookie year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ragnow is miles better than what ever Nagy decides to trot out there at center this year.......

Now, I know this is tough for you, but that argument was who would have the better O-line THIS year.

Got it?

The Crosby argument was pertaining to depth, and it's only relative to the next part.

Now, pay careful attention. I know comprehension is tough for you so read this v e r y s l o w l y

if your going to use PFF nonsense numbers to compare RB's, you have to use the O_line they had when they accumulated those numbers.

Considering you have already made arguments that each of these platers are not starters on the Bears, and they compose 3 of the 5 starting O-lineman, you can't then also say the Lions O-line was significantly better in 2020 than the Bears O-line. So your argument for Monty being a better back than Swift goes to shit, save for some useless stat. Fact remains, Swift is faster, can jump higher, is more dynamic, and has a better yard for carry average than Monty.

So, if you want to take it back full circle and compose a team that you would start for 2021 to have the best possible offense for THAT year, from the Bears you would use

Arob definitely
Mooney probably
Whitehair maybe (rather insignificant either way you go, Whitehair has injury concerns)

I will give you that Fields has more long term upside than Goff, but doubt he will be better in his rookie year.

I can't laugh at this enough

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Got it?

Arob definitely
Mooney probably

The initial comparison was this year but the argument was our line was going to be improved from last years line especially from a RB perspective as Jenkins is a mauler in the run game while Leno was considered soft. So the gap in the lines last year was greater particularly since Daniels was injured for most of the year as was Massie and at times we were running Rashard Coward out there. So Swift had a better line last year even with Crosby in. This year we will be better because Jenkins is known for run blocking and Daniels will be back in the starting lineup.

As for full circle:

QB - Fields
RB - Monty because again he is better at the things a RB actually controls.
WR - ARob
WR - Mooney
WR - Take any of the Lions WRs
Move TE - Hockenson
In-Line TE - Kmet
LT - Decker
LG - Whitehair
C- Ragnow
RG - Push at best
RT - Sewell

So it is 6 in favor of the Bears if you go 2 TEs and 5 if you go 3 WRs. However, the fundamental problem still remains that where the Lions are weakest ie QB and WR are fundamental flaws in the modern NFL. The Bears were 8-8 with Trubs and a weaker OL. There is simply more room to improve relative to a Lions team that has regressed at QB and WR and improved at OL with Sewell.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The initial comparison was this year but the argument was our line was going to be improved from last years line especially from a RB perspective as Jenkins is a mauler in the run game while Leno was considered soft. So the gap in the lines last year was greater particularly since Daniels was injured for most of the year as was Massie and at times we were running Rashard Coward out there. So Swift had a better line last year even with Crosby in. This year we will be better because Jenkins is known for run blocking and Daniels will be back in the starting lineup.

As for full circle:

QB - Fields
RB - Monty because again he is better at the things a RB actually controls.
WR - ARob
WR - Mooney
WR - Take any of the Lions WRs
Move TE - Hockenson
In-Line TE - Kmet
LT - Decker
LG - Whitehair
C- Ragnow
RG - Push at best
RT - Sewell

So it is 6 in favor of the Bears if you go 2 TEs and 5 if you go 3 WRs. However, the fundamental problem still remains that where the Lions are weakest ie QB and WR are fundamental flaws in the modern NFL. The Bears were 8-8 with Trubs and a weaker OL. There is simply more room to improve relative to a Lions team that has regressed at QB and WR and improved at OL with Sewell.
QB Fields here is a joke, you know I know it, everyone knows it. Do I think he will be a better QB than Goff? Yes, eventually. Do I think he will be better this year? Maybe if pigs can fly. He most likely won't even start over Andy Fucking Dalton at the beginning of the year.

RB Swift. Faster, more athletic, more YPC.

TE nice try on trying to go with a two TE set just to sneak a weaker Bears player on the roster. Lol, that would be like me trying to go with a two RB set. What a joke

RG - not a push. Daniels is a failure at center, played ok at LG, will be coming off of injury to play a postion he hasn't played. Did ok as a LG in a limited time against weaker opponents before going down in Week 5. Vaitai clearly has better numbers when healthy at a position he has at least played.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QB Fields here is a joke, you know I know it, everyone knows it. Do I think he will be a better QB than Goff? Yes, eventually. Do I think he will be better this year? Maybe if pigs can fly. He most likely won't even start over Andy Fucking Dalton at the beginning of the year.

RB Swift. Faster, more athletic, more YPC.

TE nice try on trying to go with a two TE set just to sneak a weaker Bears player on the roster. Lol, that would be like me trying to go with a two RB set. What a joke

RG - not a push. Daniels is a failure at center, played ok at LG, will be coming off of injury to play a postion he hasn't played. Did ok as a LG in a limited time against weaker opponents before going down in Week 5. Vaitai clearly has better numbers when healthy at a position he has at least played.

McVay doesnt know it as he benched Goff for John Wolford. Goff has worse WRs and a worse OC than when he was benched. Fields will be better this year.

Too bad Swift goes down easier than a junkie giving out BJs to score a hit.

Not a nice try at all. The only way a Lions WR gets on the field is if we assume 3 WRs which is not a given. Kmet is a traditional inline TE and Hock is a move TE so they can both play in 2 TE sets. By contrast Swift and Monty are HBs so unlikely to play in the backfield as much. 12 personnel is the 2nd most popular personnel grouping behind 11 personnel.

Vaitai has graded of 68, 59, 48, 74 and 59. You are pretending he is a proven commodity when he really has one year above a 70 grade. Daniels is 68, 69 and 65. So he has actually been more consistent grading in the high 60s. It is also laughable to pretend that moving from LG to RG is some huge adjustment.

There simply isnt that big of a gap between the 2 and Daniels is still just 23 and has more room for growth.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McVay doesnt know it as he benched Goff for John Wolford. Goff has worse WRs and a worse OC than when he was benched. Fields will be better this year.
Not a nice try at all. The only way a Lions WR gets on the field is if we assume 3 WRs which is not a given. Kmet is a traditional inline TE and Hock is a move TE so they can both play in 2 TE sets. By contrast Swift and Monty are HBs so unlikely to play in the backfield as much. 12 personnel is the 2nd most popular personnel grouping behind 11 personnel.

Vaitai has graded of 68, 59, 48, 74 and 59. You are pretending he is a proven commodity when he really has one year above a 70 grade. Daniels is 68, 69 and 65. So he has actually been more consistent grading in the high 60s. It is also laughable to pretend that moving from LG to RG is some huge adjustment.

There simply isnt that big of a gap between the 2 and Daniels is still just 23 and has more room for growth.

Speculation, not fact. And funny to hear this when the Bears Coach is Nagy, who might possibly be the worst play caller in the NFL. He can't scheme a game plan to suit his QB to save his ass. Fail on your part. Your "he got benched argument is laughable, as while Goff was indeed benched coming off a surgically repaired thumb with three pins in it, in the game he was "benched" a playoff game none the less, Woolford got injured ten minutes in and Goff won that game against Seattle 30-20. HA ha Ha ha. Nice try. Another epic Remy fail. So yeah, Goff, with three pins in his surgically repaired thumb from 9 days prior, got benched. Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense.

Too bad Swift goes down easier than a junkie giving out BJs to score a hit.

Lmao, then why does he have the same amount of touchdowns as your slower than dirt RB ? Same amount of touchdowns on less than half the rushing attempts. To bad your RB can't get into the endzone. But hail praise to the guy that is so slow his first initial contact is behind the line of scrimmage, yeah for that for you. Yeah, a DE got a hand on me while I was stutter stepping in the Backfield, and I only got a 2 yd gain, but hey, I got 3.4 yards after contact....bravo!!

My grandmother could play WR better than Miller, guy is straight up trash. Hockenson can play inline as well as move TE and is better than Kmet at both, not to mention nobody gives a flying fuck about a second TE who's role would be to block, give this a rest.

Blah blah blah. Your using years in which Vaitai played at tackle, not guard. Your also using a year for Daniels in which he only played 5 fucking games, and don't even address the fact Daniels has never even played RG, which is a power position, not a finesse position on O-line. Epic fail on your part. At least when I use the PFF numbers for Vaitia, it is at the fucking position he will play at in 2021. Now, do the same for Daniels for me, please? Oh wait, you can't.......

So your trying to slot in a rookie QB that has never played a down in the NFL, a guard that has never played at RT, and trying to create a position to sneak Kmet in the lineup, even though we both know he is not even close to Hock. Then you want to use Monty who could be caught from behind by a one legged leper. Can't make this shit up.

lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. It is fact McVay benched Gofd for Wolford. It is fact they basically traded a 1st to get rid of him. It is also a fact that the Rams WRs last year are more accomplished than the WRs in the NFL. Finally it is fact McVay has had more success as an OC and HC than the HC and OC for the Lions. Lynn was fired. McVay has the Rams as a perennial SB contender. Goff is no longer highly regarded. Sorry. You were just dreaming about getting Stafford back in 2 years when you say the Lions would be ready to compete so save the bullshit pretending like anyone thinks Goff is still a good QB.

2. We already went over this. His OL was better and gave him a bigger head start than the Bears OL gave Monty.

3. The Lions WRs grade out closer to Miller than they do ARob or Mooney. So in 2 WR sets they were be riding pine with Miller. In 2 TE sets it would be Hock and Kmet. Not sure what else you want me to say.

3. I already addressed the move from LG to RG. It isnt that difficult a transition and in fact is probably the easiest to make on the OL. Hence why guys routinely backup both G spots. Vaitai at RG is simply a decent player not some All Pro. Daniels did 21 reps and Vaitai did 23. There really is no reason to doubt Daniels cant perform at RG when he has performed similiarly to Vaitai at LG. Sorry you are making it out to be bigger transition than it is.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's all a master plan by the Rams and the Lions. Send Staff to the Ram for two years while the Rams are in a win now window, Lions pick up a shit ton of draft capital, retool the O-line and D-line, etc, eat cap for a two years, then in 2023 bring Staff back while a good portion of the players are on rookie contracts and they have a shit ton of cap.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Today is the day you should stop sniffing glue and eating lead paint chips.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck the Lions. Wrong forum. Stop feeding the troll.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I brought up the point that overall consensus is Swift will have a better year. As proof I offered fantasy draft rankings, which are based on exactly that. You don't get a first down because you have more yards after contact, You get a first down because you gained the yards needed. I will take the RB that gains the most yards per carry everyday of the week. And yes, more missed tackles is the result of more carries,

Current 2021 fantasy rankings.........

Swift 16
Monty 20

Hockenson 4
Kmet 14

that one is laughable

Whats laughable is making best player arguments based on fantasy draft rankings and maximum mph.
Can't make this shit up.

Last edited: