So when are all the Cutler fans leaving?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay: How did you miss that Moncreep??

Jay: Well say something!!

Dante: I'm waiting 10 seconds.

Jay: Why?

Dante: To honor the time it takes you to get the pass off.

willynowei

Liked Posts:
You are accusing me of saying something I didn't. Cutler wasn't even good. I never said great, never said you thought he was great. He wasn't good he is the worst starting QB of the free agency eta. 300 yards passing 2 TDs ZERO INTs a game Cutler NEVER accomplished. Hoyer did it his first start with Chicago.

Let that level of incompetence sink in. Let that tendency to throw INTs so often and so predictably sink in. The simplicity of accomplishing that in today's NFL, and yet Jay Cutler NEVER did it. That's unreal to me even with my hatred for Cutler you'd think that could be one thing he would have done, and yet he never did.

At least get your bullshit straight. He never accomplished it starting in Chicago. He had no problems getting good games, heck, great games with little to no interceptions in Denver.

The problem with Cutler is that he came out of college as raw talent with bad habits. In Denver he got rid of those bad habits under Shanahan's coaching, but for whatever reason he reverted back to the bad habits when he played in Chicago. Some would blame it on the terrible O-line that scared him back to bad mechanics, some would blame it on the lack of consistent offensive coaching that could mentor him. Cutler really liked Martz and Gates, and he was improving under both guys, then the Bears let both of those guys go, they also couldn't ever find book end tackles to support the kid. In Denver Cutler played with one of the best Pass Blocking blindside tackles in the NFL - Ryan Clady gave something like 0.5 sacks per year. He comes to Chicago and gets J'Marcus Webb, that hurts, literally.

Either way this happens in the NFL often, guys can be stars in one system and terrible in the next. Steve Young was a nobody before Mike Shanahan brought him to San Fransisco and plugged him into the west coast offense. Systems matter. Football is a team game. The guy came from a strong system run by a good offensive coaching staff with good linemen, he came to a team that didn't have that type of environment.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
At least get your bullshit straight. He never accomplished it starting in Chicago. He had no problems getting good games, heck, great games with little to no interceptions in Denver.

The problem with Cutler is that he came out of college as raw talent with bad habits. In Denver he got rid of those bad habits under Shanahan's coaching, but for whatever reason he reverted back to the bad habits when he played in Chicago. Some would blame it on the terrible O-line that scared him back to bad mechanics, some would blame it on the lack of consistent offensive coaching that could mentor him. Cutler really liked Martz and Gates, and he was improving under both guys, then the Bears let both of those guys go, they also couldn't ever find book end tackles to support the kid. In Denver Cutler played with one of the best Pass Blocking blindside tackles in the NFL - Ryan Clady gave something like 0.5 sacks per year. He comes to Chicago and gets J'Marcus Webb, that hurts, literally.

Either way this happens in the NFL often, guys can be stars in one system and terrible in the next. Steve Young was a nobody before Mike Shanahan brought him to San Fransisco and plugged him into the west coast offense. Systems matter. Football is a team game. The guy came from a strong system run by a good offensive coaching staff with good linemen, he came to a team that didn't have that type of environment.

He threw 18 INTS in Denver and 6 red zone INTS in his "breakout" season in Denver of 2008. A shit ton of yards and nothing else. He was shit in Denver too.

willynowei

Liked Posts:
He threw 18 INTS in Denver and 6 red zone INTS in his "breakout" season in Denver of 2008. A shit ton of yards and nothing else. He was shit in Denver too.

He was shit during the second half of the season when they had 6 running backs on IR and he was forced to throw 40 times a game vs. Defenses that loaded up vs. the Pass.

Until the major injuries in Denver, Jay Cutler lead the league in every single passing statistic, the offense averaged higher numbers per game than the 2000 Rams. Don't pretend you follow the league outside of a couple teams, you're sounding like a Special person who just looks up ESPN.com stats.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can you imagine the lack of self awareness it takes to create a thread like that when you know dozens of posters are going to bring up the J'Marcus Webb thing?

Simply amazing that BearsFan51 keeps doing things like this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Serious question: do you enjoy posting here?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
JWEBB83dd8_hi_res_.jpg

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He was shit during the second half of the season when they had 6 running backs on IR and he was forced to throw 40 times a game vs. Defenses that loaded up vs. the Pass.

Until the major injuries in Denver, Jay Cutler lead the league in every single passing statistic, the offense averaged higher numbers per game than the 2000 Rams. Don't pretend you follow the league outside of a couple teams, you're sounding like a Special person who just looks up ESPN.com stats.

He was shit his entire career. Even Ted Sundquist admits Cutler was never ready.

You throw out platitudes like you're a Cutler expert. Here's one for you Cutler never threw for 350 yards and two TDs in back to back games in his career. Not in Denver not in Chicago, that's not offensive production from your QB. Josh McCown did it in Chicago.

Jay Cutler never threw for over 300 yards two TDs and ZERO INTs in a single game. Even when he had a good game, he always threw a pick.

Brian Hoyer did it in two games started in back to back weeks for the Bears. Cutler could not be productive at a high level without throwing a pick. He could not avoid throwing a pick unless he was taken completely out of the game plan. Not in Denver not in Chicago.

So you can wax on nostalgically about Cutler and the greatest show on turf but you can guarantee that no matter how good he looked he threw a pick each and every time.

That is fucking pathetic!

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
He was shit his entire career. Even Ted Sundquist admits Cutler was never ready.

You throw out platitudes like you're a Cutler expert. Here's one for you Cutler never threw for 350 yards and two TDs in back to back games in his career. Not in Denver not in Chicago, that's not offensive production from your QB. Josh McCown did it in Chicago.

Jay Cutler never threw for over 300 yards two TDs and ZERO INTs in a single game. Even when he had a good game, he always threw a pick.

Brian Hoyer did it in two games started in back to back weeks for the Bears. Cutler could not be productive at a high level without throwing a pick. He could not avoid throwing a pick unless he was taken completely out of the game plan. Not in Denver not in Chicago.

So you can wax on nostalgically about Cutler and the greatest show on turf but you can guarantee that no matter how good he looked he threw a pick each and every time.

The only what if scenario I have is what if he hadn't broken his thumb in 2011. He was playing the beat I had ever seen him and our defense was rolling. I always felt like we would have had a chance that season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I don't know why I'd have to defend a player who's not on the Bears but what is pathetic is how many alleged football fans can't comprehend that sometimes interceptions are because of the WR, sometimes they're good defensive play and yes sometimes they are on the QB.

Imagine Urlacher's 22 and Tillman's 38 interceptions all being blamed on the opposing QB.
And not only that but it doesn't take long to look up his stats and see that you are wrong. So very wrong and recently wrong the only conclusion I can draw is you are intentionally lying or you're such a sad person that you actually remember the sky falling like that.
Cutler had enough idiocy to blame all on him you don't need to lie to make it sound worse.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I don't know why I'd have to defend a player who's not on the Bears but what is pathetic is how many alleged football fans can't comprehend that sometimes interceptions are because of the WR, sometimes they're good defensive play and yes sometimes they are on the QB.

Imagine Urlacher's 22 and Tillman's 38 interceptions all being blamed on the opposing QB.
And not only that but it doesn't take long to look up his stats and see that you are wrong. So very wrong and recently wrong the only conclusion I can draw is you are intentionally lying or you're such a sad person that you actually remember the sky falling like that.
Cutler had enough idiocy to blame all on him you don't need to lie to make it sound worse.

Yawn...that was weak, would you like to try again?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler hasn't been a Chicago Bear for months. Almost everyone has moved on. Some butthurt crytits still want to take their jabs. The rest of us wish him well in Miami. And then there's biff. Get a fucking hobby.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only what if scenario I have is what if he hadn't broken his thumb in 2011. He was playing the beat I had ever seen him and our defense was rolling. I always felt like we would have had a chance that season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That season under Mike Martz, Cutler looked like the real fucking deal. And that was when he was throwing to midgets. Dude was throwing Td's to Dane Sanzenbacher. I always wondered what would have happened if Lovie kept Martz.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The problem with Cutler is that he came out of college as raw talent with bad habits.

Well 1 of his" bad habits" was being a loser

In Denver he got rid of those bad habits under Shanahan's coaching, but for whatever reason he reverted back to the bad habits when he played in Chicago. Some would blame it on the terrible O-line that scared him back to bad mechanics, some would blame it on the lack of consistent offensive coaching that could mentor him.

Shanahan screwed himself but starting jay over Jake Plummer in Denver.. Plummer had the respect if the team and was a leader and winner. jay was un-coachable......that's why he reverts back to " bad habits".

Cutler really liked Martz and Gates, and he was improving under both guys, then the Bears let both of those guys go, they also couldn't ever find book end tackles to support the kid. In Denver Cutler played with one of the best Pass Blocking blindside tackles in the NFL - Ryan Clady gave something like 0.5 sacks per year. He comes to Chicago and gets J'Marcus Webb, that hurts, literally.

On Martz, jay got him fired. Same as with Shanahan. In Denver, jay never had a winning record. When jay left Denver, nobody gave a damn.

With jay, it's the same narrative over & over. Here we go: the OL was bad( or was it jay's lack of a quick release), the wr's are bad, the coaches are bad, the system is bad, the "D" is bad, the waterboy is bad, the fans are bad. Everybody is bad except jay. It's always everybody else's fault

Every where he's been coaches get fired cuz their incompatible with jay so-called "skill set".

Bottom line, jay never had what it took mentally to be a good Qb. He was never committed to improving himself as a Qb.

Ya look at Brady ( this guy with all his success, was just the other day talking about all he's been doing recently to sharpen his skill set), Russ Wilson and even Dak Prescott. All these guys are committed to being the best they can be as Qb's. I never saw jay as having a burning desire to want to be the best. As a 10yr. vet, he was still making the same damn mistakes.

Proof ? Look at his results.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is like arguing over an ex-girlfriend.

It is time to get healthy and move on. It's over.

Reactions: Myk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I do not understand why one can't be a fan of more than one team. I like Cutler and wish him well and because he is now playing football for the dolphins, that team is now in my top five teams I will root for this year, actually ahead of the Patriots who were my number two team. Bears will always be my number one team because of family and living here but there is no reason why you can't enjoy following multiple teams if it's a sport you love to watch. thats not to say I am a diehard fan of more than four or five teams, that wpuld be kind of crazy and really time consuming. Also Packers will never be in my top teams despite Rodgers being my third favorite quarterback.