"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
One can presume the D will be Top - 5 again. I do. The Run D was there before Sweat arrived. AFSK and Pickens proved they are difficult to move in the run game. Why would one think they're going to digress? They should only be better! I've been following football a long time, and barring injuries, this is the best Young D-back group I have ever seen. This is not hyperbole speaking. LBs are very good at the least. Da Bears pass rush takes the next step up and CW can do the job, I say..... Watch out NFL.....The Monsters of the Midway are back..........and may I add....FINALLY!!!.......lol

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I like this comment, but on the other hand, I find it hard to believe anyone has trouble throwing anticipatory balls with no pass rush. Heck, I can go out into my yard now and throw some of those to my son and look like a world beater… but if there was a pass rush and my vision is cloudy because a 300 pound lineman is in my grill, I doubt I would look so good.

So why is DJ saying this: 1) he is a company guy and knows that is narrative the Bears want to promote, and 2) he is hopeful and wants to believe in the kid.

Long story short, let’s wait until the season… at least until after a few practices in fall camp before we start getting extra giddy. A little giddy — yeah — I’m feeling it too. Extra giddy and with bold proclamations — I caution everyone that it might be a little too early for those.
Also could be that Fields barely threw any anticipatory throws with no pass rush. Maybe DJ is comparing both from off season workouts. We don’t know. But that’s a possibility too. And it may have surprised him to see this from him, something he didn’t see from Fields, last year at this same time in the offseason, with no pass rush.

DougDrinksSanka

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. AIC Yellow Jackets
Also could be that Fields barely threw any anticipatory throws with no pass rush. Maybe DJ is comparing both from off season workouts. We don’t know. But that’s a possibility too. And it may have surprised him to see this from him, something he didn’t see from Fields, last year at this same time in the offseason, with no pass rush.
This reminds me of the reports from training camp last year. I remember several expressing shock/surprise at how out of sync Fields regularly appeared on the easy stuff. Everyone expected things to be smoother in year three (even in practice) and it basically never happened.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I simply don't believe he's worth what he got paid. I would rather find someone through other means. For example, Tyler Boyd signed a deal for 4.5 million. I'd take him at that than give 40 million to Davis. I'd pay Hollywood the 1 year deal KC gave him instead too. Granted, those guys may not have signed with the Bears, but those are just examples of options. I just think Gabe is just a very average player... inconsistent... not an exciting signing at top market value. He's been on a great offense with an elite QB and never been noteworthy. His drop rate isn't good... he fumbles enough for his touches... etc. etc.

I wouldn't have known about Allen... or Odunze... or even that Diggs was traded. But assuming all else fell in place, I would've been wondering why we didn't trade for Allen or Diggs instead. Or if we landed Odunze, I simply would've thought we could've just skipped signing Davis all-together cause he'd be our 4th target by midseason at the latest, but making almost as much as our 2nd and 3rd targets combined. If none of that happened, I still would've rather seen us draft a WR somewhere in the draft.

I certainly can be wrong, which is fine... I can't speak to his character other than I never had concerns with him in that way. I just don't like what Davis brings at his cost.
Oh so it's what he got paid that you mostly hate. You didn't say that but when you compare him to what guys like Boyd and Hollywood got then yeah i would rather have either one of those two at what they got paid compared to what Davis got paid. I'm sure you know this but he got that much because of how quickly he was signed and Boyd and Hollywood got what they got because they sat out there for so much longer than Davis did. Their prices would of kept dropping if they didn't sign with some team asap. Davis has had some huge games for Buffalo but he just didn't consistently produce week after week.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I disagree. It is probably the best one of all.

It is a montage of films such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off (partially filmed in Chicago), Breakfast Club (filmed in Cook County), Home Alone (Filmed in Chicago) and possibly Mean Girls (not filmed in Chicago).

For the Chicago Bears, using famous comedy movies filmed in Chicago as the inspiration for the schedule release video for 2024 was genius, just like the 2023 was another genius film for that schedule release.

I believe the reason many believe it is cringe is because many did not get the homage to those films because most of the films were from the same vintage as the '85 Bears, Mean Girls being the newest film at 20 years old.
Thank you. The Bears and Patriots had the best 2 out of any of the ones I have seen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I disagree. It is probably the best one of all.

It is a montage of films such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off (partially filmed in Chicago), Breakfast Club (filmed in Cook County), Home Alone (Filmed in Chicago) and possibly Mean Girls (not filmed in Chicago).

For the Chicago Bears, using famous comedy movies filmed in Chicago as the inspiration for the schedule release video for 2024 was genius, just like the 2023 was another genius film for that schedule release.

I believe the reason many believe it is cringe is because many did not get the homage to those films because most of the films were from the same vintage as the '85 Bears, Mean Girls being the newest film at 20 years old.
Yeah i know it was a montage to some great old films but it was still corny to me.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh so it's what he got paid that you mostly hate. You didn't say that but when you compare him to what guys like Boyd and Hollywood got then yeah i would rather have either one of those two at what they got paid compared to what Davis got paid. I'm sure you know this but he got that much because of how quickly he was signed and Boyd and Hollywood got what they got because they sat out there for so much longer than Davis did. Their prices would of kept dropping if they didn't sign with some team asap. Davis has had some huge games for Buffalo but he just didn't consistently produce week after week.
For sure... I didn't specifically say it, but that's what I meant when I referred to his "top market value". Obviously, he was a premium FA at a premium position and he got paid accordingly. It's supply and demand, and I can't fault him for getting what the market gives. That's all fine.

I just don't think he's worth that. Poles did though, and he's the professional, so he's probably right. I just wouldn't have been excited about the signing is all. If he proves me wrong, good for him though. He's got a good enough QB to do that. His big games show flashes of what could be too.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Doubt this very much. I mean, trust your eyes - we all saw the connection Fields and Moore had in the off-season. And we all read and heard all the rave reviews. Throwing with aniticipation in the off-season is easy — especially for professional athletes.

Let’s not revise history. Fields was no scrub. Despite having a poor line and few weapons he did alright — and he certainly was good enough to make throws with no rush while running routes in practice. Again, we all saw that.

It’s a whole different ball game when the bullets start flying.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
That’s not to say Caleb will not be better at anticipatory throws. I hope and believe he will be. I just think it’s hard to put a lot of stock in off-season workouts with no pass rush.

Like I wrote, I can look good throwing with anticipation to my son in my backyard. It’s pretty easy without a 300 pound lineman clouding my vision/trying to smash me into oblivion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For sure... I didn't specifically say it, but that's what I meant when I referred to his "top market value". Obviously, he was a premium FA at a premium position and he got paid accordingly. It's supply and demand, and I can't fault him for getting what the market gives. That's all fine.

I just don't think he's worth that. Poles did though, and he's the professional, so he's probably right. I just wouldn't have been excited about the signing is all. If he proves me wrong, good for him though. He's got a good enough QB to do that. His big games show flashes of what could be too.
He has a good QB but he had a great QB in Buffalo so i guess it will come down to if Jax will call plays for him more than they did in Buffalo.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah i know it was a montage to some great old films but it was still corny to me.
You may not like it which is your right but corny and creepy are not even close to being the same thing.

Perhaps some people who are too young to understand the references considered it creepy because it dealt with a school and they could not make the connections to the school movies. As for corny, you have every right to think that the schedule release was not up to the level of your upper echelon sensitivities.

There is no comparison to the creativity of the Bears' schedule release video and 28 of the other release videos.

A few of the teams did not even attempt a video, just showing a page with the dates, some tried silly video games which were extremely annoying. One team had a famous F1 racer trying the food of the teams that the team paid him was going to play, having exactly zero to do with the NFL or the team seeing that he is a British racer. One team had players tell dad jokes to another player, trying to make him laugh. Again, nothing to do with the NFL nor the opponents.

There were only 4 release videos that were worth a damn. The Bills and Saints videos were at least a bit entertaining while the Pats and the Bears were the top of the mountain with the Pats mimicking Boston's Good Will Hunting and the Bears mimicking 3 Chicago movies.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I still find it remarkable that they only invited 2 defensive players to that rookie premiere deal while bring in 10 QB's, so including the 4 that were day 3 picks.

napo55

Liked Posts:
One can presume the D will be Top - 5 again. I do. The Run D was there before Sweat arrived. AFSK and Pickens proved they are difficult to move in the run game. Why would one think they're going to digress? They should only be better! I've been following football a long time, and barring injuries, this is the best Young D-back group I have ever seen. This is not hyperbole speaking. LBs are very good at the least. Da Bears pass rush takes the next step up and CW can do the job, I say..... Watch out NFL.....The Monsters of the Midway are back..........and may I add....FINALLY!!!.......lol
Well, they did lose their best DT, Justin Jones. You hope for progress from the second year DTs, but at this point it's just hope.