World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two more K's for BJax. Ick.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knuckleballer Joe Zeller is getting his third start for Peoria. He hasn't given up a run yet through four innings.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Zeller has a no hitter through six innings. The only Dayton baserunners came on an error and a HBP.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently McNutt has been moved into the TN bullpen a couple of days. He is coming in as a reliever for the first time this season I believe. Hopefully he can have an even more Jay Jackson like transformation out of the pen.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
McNutt works a 1-2-3 inning in relief with 2 Ks. Jay Jackson part deux?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another tidbit about McNutt in the bullpen is that apparently he is capable of hitting 98 while throwing out of the pen.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x1903093314/No-chance-vs-knuckler

Watch the video at 1:30 there is Javier Baez defensive sighting. Who said he is going to have to move off of SS?

Wow, nice play there! Good to see that. It will be nice to have a difficult choice of a plus-fielding SS in Castro once he fully puts it all together, and a plus-fielding Baez. Also, I've read and heard nothing but positives regarding DeVoss' fielding. Note that in the play... Had Baez not gotten to the ball... DeVoss was half a step of getting to it. He'd have to have an amazing SS-type arm to get the runner as his momentum was taking him away from 1B, but he was there to make the play too.

I get a bit overly giddy thinking of an IF of Rizzo, DeVoss, Castro, Baez... and a possible OF of Jackson/, Almora/Szczur, and Soler. The defensive possibilities are incredible, nonetheless the potential of the offense.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Randy Wells gave up 7 runs in less than two innings tonight. If the Cubs trade Garza and Dempster soon the Cubs can get back into the draft race in earnest.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Randy Wells gave up 7 runs in less than two innings tonight. If the Cubs trade Garza and Dempster soon the Cubs can get back into the draft race in earnest.

Yeah Wells and Volstad apparently are going to suck for us. Can't wait to see more of them when the front three are traded.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
This may be weird, bu they seem to pitch better in the majors. Coleman also sucked down there, but hasn't been too bad in the big leagues.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This may be weird, bu they seem to pitch better in the majors. Coleman also sucked down there, but hasn't been too bad in the big leagues.

Umm which one of them has pitched worth anything anywhere this season?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm which one of them has pitched worth anything anywhere this season?

I'm not saying they have pithced way better, but when Wells was called up to take a spot start, he didn't do too bad. Volstad has one bad inning and that's it, while in the minors he has a few bad inning. That's what I've noticed, but maybe you see it different.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've given up hope on the three of them. I thought Coleman might make a decent middle reliever, but even that seems to be a stretch.