Soler Power: Cubs Minor League Thread v2

Which team/player excites you the most?

• Total voters

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What also is funny that in the case of Baez and Rohan you really can't watch either on MiLB.tv. There are no FSL teams that participate and there is only one or two MWL teams that take part. Basically Baez was on this past weekend when they played the Timber Rattlers, but apart from that you really can't watch those guys.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Jackson K rate is scary as hell but dude is still very productive. Vitters has to be getting close to top 100 also. Puttin gup some really good numbers in AAA at 22

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Jackson K rate is scary as hell but dude is still very productive. Vitters has to be getting close to top 100 also. Puttin gup some really good numbers in AAA at 22
I think the biggest thing is Vitters showing he can handle the hot corner. If he puts those numbers up at age 22 as a 3B his stock goes way up. If he is a 1B/LF then they are decent numbers for the extreme "hitterish" PCL.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knuckleballer Joe Zeller got promoted and is starting for the Peoria Chiefs tonight. D3A ought to go so we can get a first hand account :shifty:

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:

His K rate is definitely scary, but if you look at his career numbers, he's never struck out as much his whole career. I think this might be an aberration. I don't know if it's mental or maybe he's playing through an injury, but it would seem odd for him to just suddenly become a strikeout machine forever.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
His K rate is definitely scary, but if you look at his career numbers, he's never struck out as much his whole career. I think this might be an aberration. I don't know if it's mental or maybe he's playing through an injury, but it would seem odd for him to just suddenly become a strikeout machine forever.

He's possibly pressing too much because he saw that Rizzo got promoted and he wants to join in the fun. I'm not sure how good MiLB Gameday is, but a lot of the pitches he's taking and swinging through are like right down the middle. So he might be having issues recognizing pitches too. Not really sure.

The thing is, if he can get contact on a pitch, it goes for extra bases. So he's definitely capable, just have to kill off some gremlins here.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently the Zeller promotion is due to Concepcion being sick.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett Jackson went from a 3-0 count to getting called out on strikes. WTF is wrong with you, man!?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zachary Rosscup went from the Chiefs for the Smokies.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Other news:

Vitters took 2 walks yesterday
Jackson missed his 2nd straight game with back spasms
Brooks Raley may be a potential call-up if the Cubs trade 2-3 starters.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other news:

Vitters took 2 walks yesterday
Jackson missed his 2nd straight game with back spasms
Brooks Raley may be a potential call-up if the Cubs trade 2-3 starters.

Brooks Raley is the most interesting arm in Iowa right now. That statement should let us know how sad the pitching situation is in the upper minors. His ceiling isn't terribly high, but I think he is starting to warrant a look, though not being on the 40 man complicates things. He has actually increased his strikeout rate with reaching AAA. I would rather see Raley at this point than the other options, but the 40 man situation makes it at least as likely that Coleman or Volstad will get another crack.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I was talking about if/when Dempster/Garza/Maholm are traded. That will clear spots on the 40-man and maybe he will get he call. At this point, I think there's a great chance Volstad is DFA. Maybe tomorrow when Dempster is activated... that or I think Dolis gets sent back (or Maine).

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand waldo, but it is a lot easier to put someone on the 40 man roster than to take them off. The Cubs FO might not be in any rush to add him to the 40 man roster is all I was pointing out.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I see what you mean... even with that, I still say give him a shot. But first off, let's see what happens in July and see what happens from there.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that I would rather give Raley a shot. I am just not certain that we will see him this year. And waiting for these deals to happen is killing me. I understand that they need to wait for the right deal to happen, but I am so tired of arguing and speculating what player X is worth in this new market.