Soler Power: Cubs Minor League Thread v2

Which team/player excites you the most?

• Total voters

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
BJax goes 2 for 4 with a solo homerun. How did he get out the other two times? Guess.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Matt Szczur (non)prospect Greg Rohan has gotten the call up to AA (I assume that is what dubs is). Kind of curious what the various moves are that are taking place to follow this.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs farm system begins post-Rizzo era

The Kapman gives us a brillant rundown on the Cubs farm system. His highlights of the system including 26 year old Greg Rohan that was just promoted to AA. He also talks about Javier Baez's struggles to acclimate to pro ball (low A slash line .300/.382/.511).

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop striking out so much Brett Jackson! :fist:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blake DeWitt sucks at defense.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The I-Cubs pitching is terrible.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The I-Cubs pitching is terrible.

You say that as if you are surprised when the staff has consisted of Randy Wells, Chris Volstad, Casey Coleman, Jay Jackson, Rodrigo Lopez, and other assorted crap.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You say that as if you are surprised when the staff has consisted of Randy Wells, Chris Volstad, Casey Coleman, Jay Jackson, Rodrigo Lopez, and other assorted crap.

It's a statement of fact more than anything :D

Brett Jackson ---> first error of the season

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Chris Rusin and Brooks Raley have been the best pitchers at various points this season your starting staff is pretty bad.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Iowa was down 13-4, now 13-12.
Jackson 2-5, 2B, 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI, K, BB
Vitters 3-5, 2 2B, 2 R, RBI
Vitters is a beast!

Tennessee lost 3-0
Junior Lake 0-4

Daytona lost 5-3
Matthew Szczur 1-3, 2B, R, RBI, BB, K

Peoria lost 7-2
Javier Baez 1-3, R

Boise in 4th inning

Mesa, DSL, don't care

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just 1 K for Jackson :)

Also his OPS above .850 now

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you think that is funny, read the comments and Kaplan's response to it.

The Chicago media sucks.

Kaplan's responses are basically that he talks to scouts..right..then why not actually mention/cite that in your article? Like for example "Despite his impressive slash lines in a typically pitching friendly league(MWL) scouts says it's deceptive because yada yada yada"

LOL at when discussing the farm system talking about a 26 year old who just got promoted from High-A. Seriously?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago media sucks.

Kaplan's responses are basically that he talks to scouts..right..then why not actually mention/cite that in your article? Like for example "Despite his impressive slash lines in a typically pitching friendly league(MWL) scouts says it's deceptive because yada yada yada"

LOL at when discussing the farm system talking about a 26 year old who just got promoted from High-A. Seriously?

I sent him a tweet to that effect, but got no response. Baseball coverage just generally sucks since so few take the time to understand prospect development.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
The Chicago media sucks.

Uhh... I talk to scouts and stuff, so I know what I'm talking about. And... and... and... I watch MiLB.TV. So, I know -sticks tongue out-

Well, you can also find scouting reports online that actually contradict his crap. You can find quotes from scouts speaking up Baez posted in the past few days. Oh, and... the Cubs' minor league teams seem to be getting huge ratings on MiLB.TV. So, maybe other people kind of see things too?

Weren't there rumors that Kaplan was at some point was trying to weasel his way into the Epstein regime this past winter? If so, boy am I glad he didn't get a job. I wonder why :bizarro: