Soler Power: Cubs Minor League Thread v2

Which team/player excites you the most?

• Total voters

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that I would rather give Raley a shot. I am just not certain that we will see him this year. And waiting for these deals to happen is killing me. I understand that they need to wait for the right deal to happen, but I am so tired of arguing and speculating what player X is worth in this new market.

Yeah, I hate when the rumors start so early and deals aren't made until at or right around the deadline. But now it's almost time... Maybe Dempster has a good start Sunday and he's an all-star break trade. I'm not saying it's likely, but you never know. The Dodgers like him a lot and may want to make a splash asap.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I hate when the rumors start so early and deals aren't made until at or right around the deadline. But now it's almost time... Maybe Dempster has a good start Sunday and he's an all-star break trade. I'm not saying it's likely, but you never know. The Dodgers like him a lot and may want to make a splash asap.

The always entertaining Hot Stove Cubbies is claiming that the Cubs want 4-5 top prospects from the Dodgers for LaHair-Dempster including guys like Nate Eovaldi and Ruby de la Rosa plus two more.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The always entertaining Hot Stove Cubbies is claiming that the Cubs want 4-5 top prospects from the Dodgers for LaHair-Dempster including guys like Nate Eovaldi and Ruby de la Rosa plus two more.

Their writers always on acid?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think that's what he really mean by 4-5 prospects... also yeah I can see them wating those players as the price is high annd you always ask high and come down.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that's what he really mean by 4-5 prospects... also yeah I can see them wating those players as the price is high annd you always ask high and come down.

Really because someone asked if Zach Lee was in the trade and he said no is off the table for Dempster-LaHair.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he meant if a team wants both right now and want to outbid the Dodgers, they will have to give up 4-5 prospects. Since that's not gunna happen at all, I think Dempster will go to the Dodgers pretty soon. I would not be surprise if LaHair is included in the deal too.

It's pretty interesting that the Cubs could trade 3 OF and 3 OF. If the Cubs do trade 3 OF, I think Jackson and Sappelt will get the call.

Players the Cubs could trade:
Dempster
Garza
Maholm
Soriano
LaHair
Johnson
Marmol
Camp (doubtful I think)
Soto
Baker
Barney (also doubtful is my guess)
Mather (I would be surprise)

So... a max of 12 players... almost have the 25-man roster (it practically is).. However, that's not gunna happen, I say 5 or 6 will be traded.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs were to do a trade with the Dodgers, I see them bypassing their Triple A team and going straight to Double A (and asking players from there).

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Really because someone asked if Zach Lee was in the trade and he said no is off the table for Dempster-LaHair.

Kinda like Chris Reed better anyway, though he's kind of like Cashner. A collegiate closer with a big arm being converted into a SP... Reed and Ethan Martin for Dempster and LaHair? Put Campana back in CF and move forward on the #1 pick drive!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The system is so terrible after Rizzo got promoted :rolleyes:

Arguably two of those guys haven't shown anything in pro ball yet, so let's wait a bit before we gloat :D

But it's okay to gloat a little :D

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Volstad had a fail.

Brett Jackson with a couple walks. Vitters with two hits.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Volstad had a fail.

Brett Jackson with a couple walks. Vitters with two hits.

Yeah the pitching staff in Iowa is pretty craptacular. Holding out hope that Brooks Raley can be a 5, but that shows how pitiful it is.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It looks like the time off to rest the back and facing Doug Davis has been good for Brett Jackson.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Three walks for BJax. Hasn't made an out today.