Soler Power: Cubs Minor League Thread v2

Which team/player excites you the most?

• Total voters

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't see why they would promote Brett Jackson at this point. Another strikeout tonight, plus a fielding error (from RF). They might be grooming Sappelt for CF if he's called up since he's not going to play everyday like Jackson needs to.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't see why they would promote Brett Jackson at this point. Another strikeout tonight, plus a fielding error (from RF). They might be grooming Sappelt for CF if he's called up since he's not going to play everyday like Jackson needs to.

I don't think there is a doubt that Sappelt is being groomed for the Reed Johnson role. Brett Jackson is going ot be real interesting to watch. As fun as it would be to watch Vitters and Jackson in Chicago, I really got to believe that they are better off working on their clear flaws out of the spotlight in Des Moines.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay Jackson sucks.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see BJax was a homer shy of the cycle.

Szczur in a bit of a mini-slump.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand Vitters and Jackson have there flaws but way the team is built they might as well get there feet wet at MLB level. Players can work on things when they in MLB also. Castro has shown that. While your rebuilding this is the perfect time to let the kids learn at the MLB level. Both players are really close to the full season at AAA

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I've said, I expect the K's to go down for Jackson in the MLB, Scouts have said that he's pressing too much for the call-up. That's why I say that and also, Jackson did not K much in spring traning. In his give time playing.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly dont see why VItters isnt up. Valbuena under .200. He doing well in AAA. DEF at 3B can be overated. Cubs 3B have 10 E and are 3 worse OPS in baseball. Yes Vitters will have more E prolly but he will improve them greatly at the plate. Sorry but more time in AAA not going to fix his glove. Its the practice time before games that will help fix that. The MLB coaches have done wonders for Castro so whats saying they cant see something that the minor league coaches dont. As for Jackson i understand that there really no room for him right now. Cubs will need to trade Sori or DeJesus in the waiver period to make room for him.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
I honestly dont see why VItters isnt up. Valbuena under .200. He doing well in AAA. DEF at 3B can be overated. Cubs 3B have 10 E and are 3 worse OPS in baseball. Yes Vitters will have more E prolly but he will improve them greatly at the plate. Sorry but more time in AAA not going to fix his glove. Its the practice time before games that will help fix that. The MLB coaches have done wonders for Castro so whats saying they cant see something that the minor league coaches dont. As for Jackson i understand that there really no room for him right now. Cubs will need to trade Sori or DeJesus in the waiver period to make room for him.

To a degree I agree here. The main reason, whoever (probably Sveum himself) has helped Barney and Castro improve at SS and 2B can probably do a better job of helping Vitters at 3B than whoever it is at Iowa doing it now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ultimately the decision on Vitters and Brett Jackson is about what is the best for developing them for the future. I trust the people making that call given their track record in developing position players whether that means they are in Chicago or Iowa.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
I agree, I think he can work on his defense in the MLB. When Aramis Ramirez was on the Pirates he had atrocious defense but he stuck around in the MLB because he could hit.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, I think he can work on his defense in the MLB. When Aramis Ramirez was on the Pirates he had atrocious defense but he stuck around in the MLB because he could hit.

His bat is no where near Aramis's level, and to be honest Vitter's defense at these improved levels might be as good as Ramirez was in Pittsburgh.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Villanueva hit a home run in his first at bat :yeah:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Nice! This Geiger dude yesterday for, I think Peoria, hit 2 HR's and had a record 8 RBI.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett Jackson is in LA per Muskat.