Source: Bulls stayed active in Howard talks

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Greg Oden is injury prone. Guys rolling on your knee is no more injury prone that a player landing on someones foot and breaking an ankle.
except it happened twice..and then he injured his knee again later

again, the fact that the circumstance happened twice and his knees responded badly is indicative of the lack of resistance on his knees

why do you think phil jackson was concerned about his knees back in LA?

he's injury prone,which translates to: he is prone to injury..

which he has had a history of

seems pretty straight forward

Again, why cant we keep both? We trade Noah for Harden and now were gonna have to search for Noahs replacement
uhhh the bulls can't sign harden outright unless one of boozer,deng, or noah's contracts are alleviated?

noah would make the most sense because noah is young,a good low post playmaker, and defender and would better fit a need for the thunder(perkins is pretty meh at this point)

Its called holding them to a standard we as fans deserve. Theyre making big time money and recieving big time support. But not reciprocating.

so,what if the bulls were spending over the tax, and they end up being irresponsible with the money like the knicks have been, which is not out of the realm of possibility when you consider the fact that the bulls FO of which this scenario would hinge upon has brought the team to the current locked situation it is in?

are they reciprocating then because they spent the money? or does that still not fly?

They havnt landed one. Not one superstar.
they landed rose:smug:

but it's not like the bulls haven't reached out....again this is a two way deal

do you put all the blame on the FO for not correctly dictating another person's decision?

Bullshit. That may fly every so often. But never? Your reasoning is just a lame excuse. And you know what they say about excuses.
it's not an excuse, it's a reason

again,do you put all the blame on the FO for not correctly dictating another person's decision?

who were you expecting the bulls to get anyway? kobe? garnett?

is this even brought up if rose doesn't get hurt this year?

Theyre a big market team making big market profits but the franchise is run like a mid market franchise. Thats my problem. Im not saying Brand, Artest an co wouulve won on their own. If you read my whole post I also included a top notch SG.

like...ben gordon:lmao:

Theyre always a player or two away. They just do have the balls to make things happen.

honestly they just need a decent sign and trade..they really dont need to spend that much more money

I want them to act like a big market and put a legit winner on the floor. Not pinch pennies.
lol

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
What "top tier" SG was available at the price the Bulls could afford?

This isn't baseball where teams can spend at no limit.

They dont spend on the level of teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Mavericks, and Knicks. Explain that? Let me guess. It take two right? The Bulls aint trying to make a baby. After almost 15 years excuses evolve into inept, incompetent, failure.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They dont spend on the level of teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Mavericks, and Knicks. Explain that? Let me guess. It take two right? The Bulls aint trying to make a baby. After almost 15 years excuses evolve into inept, incompetent, failure.
And the Knicks haven't been a failure over the past 15 years :lmao:

A player has to have interest, in which case Melo and Howard didn't have for whatever reasons.

There is a case where management comes into play Dwayne Wade questioning loyality

I don't know how many times I have to explain this.

A player has to have interest in signing somewhere. If a player doesn't have interest, a deal doesn't get done. Conversely, management has to make their team appear attractive compared to other teams.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Thats a great accomplishment. I would like to see them keep the momntum going. Granted Rose is injured. But this team has proven they can hold it down for a while without Rose. But I feel like were taking a step back. And understand, Im not bringing up just New York into this a team to emulate. I also mentioned the Lakers, and Heat, and the Celtics. Throw Dallas into the mix as well.

Well, you did bring New York into this. I guess you realized that was a bad example.

Well it takes some patience. If you blow your load too soon, you get stuck in NBA purgatory. We just got OUT of NBA purgatory after the massive Jordan hangover. I'm not in a hurry to jump right back in, just because a few fans want to get risky with the most constraining CBA. The Celtics are about to hit that purgatory, the Heat have been in that same purgatory before they drafted Wade, and Dallas is owned by a guy who is worth 10x as much as our owner who is happy to lose money, a real rarity. Seriously, how much do you guys think Reinsdorf is worth(clue: $320m est in 2011, down from $450 in 2007)? And your advice to him, is telling him how to spend his money. Well, then wouldn't it be fair, he should be telling you how to spend your money too.

I think we have a pretty good deal here. Too many big market teams have gone through owner shuffles, and rarely does it pan out in the first 5 seasons like OKC(hmm, maybe because OKC is trying to be more like the Spurs and less like New York? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????)

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I also mentioned the Lakers

who haven't actually landed a superstar in FA since shaq in 96...pau was traded in a reach around, as was dwight

big reason they're over the luxury tax is because of kobe having his ~30 million dollar contract

this needs to put into appropriate context

money had little to do with the 2010 moves

lebron and bosh mainly went to the heat because of their connection in the 08 olympics with wade

they took paycuts to go to the team

and the Celtics.
kevin mchale courtesy deal with ainge..and as for the rest of the whole scheme...idk

honestly ainge pulled off a serious heist here lmao

Throw Dallas into the mix as well.
have also not landed a big time FA in a while

they often operate a bit over the cap because cuban is fucking loaded(reinsdorf is not)...and now they are old and over the cap( at least they got collison and mayo in the backcourt)

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
except it happened twice..and then he injured his knee again later

again, the fact that the circumstance happened twice and his knees responded badly is indicative of the lack of resistance on his knees

why do you think phil jackson was concerned about his knees back in LA?

he's injury prone,which translates to: he is prone to injury..

which he has had a history of

seems pretty straight forward

uhhh the bulls can't sign harden outright unless one of boozer,deng, or noah's contracts are alleviated?
[BWhat part of soft cap do you not understand. I believe ive typed this four times now. They can go as far into the luxury tax as they want. THERE IS NO HARD CAP IN THE NBA.[/B]

noah would make the most sense because noah is young,a good low post playmaker, and defender and would better fit a need for the thunder(perkins is pretty meh at this point)

so,what if the bulls were spending over the tax, and they end up being irresponsible with the money like the knicks have been, which is not out of the realm of possibility when you consider the fact that the bulls FO of which this scenario would hinge upon has brought the team to the current locked situation it is in?
So youd rather they not try? Heres a fun fact for you since the luxery tax was incorporated in 03. No team has won a championship without having to go well over over the Luxury tax.

are they reciprocating then because they spent the money? or does that still not fly?

they landed rose:smug:
They drafted Rose.

but it's not like the bulls haven't reached out....again this is a two way deal
This shows how naive you are.

do you put all the blame on the FO for not correctly dictating another person's decision?

it's not an excuse, it's a reason

again,do you put all the blame on the FO for not correctly dictating another person's decision?

who were you expecting the bulls to get anyway? kobe? garnett?
Not just those two. Duncan, Hill, Garnett, McGrady, James, Anthony, Stoudemire, Wade, Bosh. And this is just off the top of my head.

is this even brought up if rose doesn't get hurt this year?

Yep. If the Bulls keep this up, I can see Rose growing Frustrated and leaving.

like...ben gordon:lmao:

Childish

honestly they just need a decent sign and trade..they really dont need to spend that much more money

lol

If they do a sign and trade then theyre creating a hole to fill another. They need another superstar player to pair with Rose. Why cant they go well oveer the cap? They have more than enough money.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well...this escalated quickly...:jackson:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
And the Knicks haven't been a failure over the past 15 years :lmao:

A player has to have interest, in which case Melo and Howard didn't have for whatever reasons.

There is a case where management comes into play Dwayne Wade questioning loyality

I don't know how many times I have to explain this.

A player has to have interest in signing somewhere. If a player doesn't have interest, a deal doesn't get done. Conversely, management has to make their team appear attractive compared to other teams.
You keep saying this. But my reply is if all thes players dont want to come to Chicago then why? Its not weather. Garnett and Williams play for cold weather teams. Its not lack of exposure. If its true players dont want to come here then why?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You keep saying this. But my reply is if all thes players dont want to come to Chicago then why? Its not weather. Garnett and Williams play for cold weather teams. Its not lack of exposure. If its true players dont want to come here then why?
I thought I addressed this pages ago...? :shrug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Every player is different. Just because Garnett was traded to Boston(from a cold market), Williams was traded to New Jersey(not exactly from a warm market), doesn't mean all players want to go to cold markets.

You still have Amare and the Knicks to use as an example. :troll: It's not long before the list dries up, and you're left with a vastly larger number of players that want to play in warm-weather markets.

The truth of the matter is, if the NBA allowed for an expansion team in Hawaii, the owners could be tweedle-dee and tweedle-you, and still bring a wealth of talent by default, possibly win a title.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Every player is different. Just because Garnett was traded to Boston(from a cold market), Williams was traded to New Jersey(not exactly from a warm market), doesn't mean all players want to go to cold markets.

You still have Amare and the Knicks to use as an example. :troll: It's not long before the list dries up, and you're left with a vastly larger number of players that want to play in warm-weather markets.

The truth of the matter is, if the NBA allowed for an expansion team in Hawaii, the owners could be tweedle-dee and tweedle-you, and still bring a wealth of talent by default, possibly win a title.

Get your head out of your ass man. Players dont want to come here because you have an owner that doesn't give a shit about the success of the Bulls. From standing idlely by and watching Krause destroy a dynasty, to making remarks such as hed gladly trade all six of his championships for one world series title, to tthe more recent quote of him saying basktball is just a game, baseball is a religion. You got Kevin Garnett and Dwayne Wade, two Chicago natives saying they wouldn't want to play for their hometown due to loyalty issues. Or when Garnett said if they could dog Jordan, I can only imagine what theyd do to me..

And his unwillingness to go over the cap in spite of the huge profit and support the Bulls have recieved from the fans.

Like i said a few pages back. You guys are the problem. Youre enablers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was your opinion. I was directing that question to Nwisch
You mean opinions don't count as facts on this forum? Who knew? :smug:

You'd really have a hard time proving either side because you don't know the inside details.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Get your head out of your ass man. Players dont want to come here because you have an owner that doesn't give a shit about the success of the Bulls. From standing idlely by and watching Krause destroy a dynasty, to making remarks such as hed gladly trade all six of his championships for one world series title, to tthe more recent quote of him saying basktball is just a game, baseball is a religion. You got Kevin Garnett and Dwayne Wade, two Chicago natives saying they wouldn't want to play for their hometown due to loyalty issues. Or when Garnett said if they could dog Jordan, I can only imagine what theyd do to me..

And his unwillingness to go over the cap in spite of the huge profit and support the Bulls have recieved from the fans.

You keep waffling on the dialog that you started. First it's because of this, then it's because of that. Then when we get past one of your opinions, you revert to repeating the same thing, or something from 20 pages ago.

It's pretty simple really. If you want, go to Jerry and make him an offer. You know how to bring big name FAs in, so buying the team from Jerry should be no problem.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why do and Rami and SP94 get a tag team alt account?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
shouldve signed Wilson Chandler, Quentin Richardson, and Bobby Simmons :smh:

shoulda signed my my player

6'6 SG from DePaul puttin up 54 ppg 8 rpg 6 apg 2 spg 1 bpg 67 FG% 95 FT% 55 3 pt%

q9amn.png

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I guess we're supposed to beg for Tyrus Thomas and Ben Gordon from Charlotte.

Melo's wife lives in NY, what reason would he have to want to come here? Howard wants the lights and glamor of LA, why would he want to come here? Wade and KG believe the Bulls are "disloyal" why would they come here?

It's fine to say you want the big 3 in Miami now. Nobody should take your fan card away for that. Hell, I wanted Miami's roster over ours the last two seasons.

The option you are bringing to the table suggests that a team of Ron Artest, Tyson Chandler, Tyrus Thomas, Elton Brand, Ben Gordon, and a #2 guard, whoever that is, could beat the 2004 Pistons.

I'm all for getting better players, the options you have brought to the table are lacking, and lead me to the believe that those players wouldn't improve the team.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Why do and Rami and SP94 get a tag team alt account?
Because we don't.
But the fact is you and RoreySparrow are 1 in the same.
I can prove it.
But ill wait until the time is right.
kneel-before-zod-o.gif

Because I'm ZOD