Source: Bulls stayed active in Howard talks

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
You mean opinions don't count as facts on this forum? Who knew? :smug:

You'd really have a hard time proving either side because you don't know the inside details.
I actually agreed with your fourth reason. I was just interested in hiis oppinion because of what he stated

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because we don't.
But the fact is you and RoreySparrow are 1 in the same.
I can prove it.
But ill wait until the time is right.
kneel-before-zod-o.gif

Because I'm ZOD
Umm.

No you can't.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
You keep waffling on the dialog that you started. First it's because of this, then it's because of that. Then when we get past one of your opinions, you revert to repeating the same thing, or something from 20 pages ago.

It's pretty simple really. If you want, go to Jerry and make him an offer. You know how to bring big name FAs in, so buying the team from Jerry should be no problem.

I dont see how or why you would say this. Ive always maintained the Bulls inability to put a winner on the court is a directt result of an unwillingness of Reinsdorf.

Why would he sell the Bulls? He has so many enablers like you that make excuses for him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I dont see how or why you would say this. Ive always maintained the Bulls inability to put a winner on the court is a directt result of an unwillingness of Reinsdorf.

Why would he sell the Bulls? He has so many enablers like you that make excuses for him.
Weird how the Bulls won 6 titles with Reinsdorf as an owner :obama:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

:lol:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Thats a great accomplishment. I would like to see them keep the momntum going. Granted Rose is injured. But this team has proven they can hold it down for a while without Rose. But I feel like were taking a step back. And understand, Im not bringing up just New York into this a team to emulate. I also mentioned the Lakers, and Heat, and the Celtics. Throw Dallas into the mix as well.

THEY TOOK A STEP BACK WHEN ROSE SUSTAINED A MAJOR INJURY! There is a chance that Rose won't be back next season at all. Then again, there is a chance that he will come back...and not be 100%. Who the hell are you going to get that can beat Lebron without Rose at optimum strength?

Go ahead...name them. And while you are at it...please go read the CBA. You don't know shit about how the league is run. Which is why the only one that agrees with you is a basketball Special person who is so daft he should get a SSI check every month.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

It's called critiquing fairly, not going to all extremes every time a team makes a trade or signing that is better than our own. Enabling would be significantly different. But if you're butt hurt that your point has no logic behind it, then cry all you want. Seriously, since you're so smart, and know how to bring in big name players, you must know something that nobody else does. Do it then, quit whining like a spoiled bitch and prove that you know wtf you're talking about.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What part of soft cap do you not understand. I believe ive typed this four times now. They can go as far into the luxury tax as they want. THERE IS NO HARD CAP IN THE NBA.

yes they can go as far into the luxury tax as they want, but that misses the point because they can only do that through the exceptions that are made to being over the cap

do you not realize that the bulls can't sign bynum because they're over the cap? i've said like 4 times that bynum's situation does not constitute any of the exceptions

They drafted Rose.
gee thanks einstein...it's this thing called a joke:obama:

This shows how naive you are.
LMAO pot meet kettle..you dont think it's naive to continue screaming about how reinsdorf doesn't reciprocate support and all that grandiose,inane bullshit....and say that throwing money at things will fix things?

i forgot how well the bulls handled money...oh wait

Not just those two. Duncan, Hill, Garnett, McGrady, James, Anthony, Stoudemire, Wade, Bosh. And this is just off the top of my head.
wade pretty much tipped the bulls off, never wanted to go to chicago really

bosh is solid, but was pretty much packaged....i dont think he was planning on going to chicago by himself

lebron considered the bulls i guess, but then again he wanted to go with wade and bosh and miami had the space and wade already in place

i dont think throwing more money would have solved anything

carmelo anthony? there were some trade rumors, but honestly melo wanted to go to NYC. Plus, this has really little to do with the bulls dipping into the luxury tax in principle

stoudemire? really? honestly he's a bit overrated because he needs an up tempo system to really thrive..maybe a potential candidate but at the time the bulls got a relatively similar player in boozer(boozer was the better rebounder, amare was better offensively and more athletic, both coming off good years in their late 20s with good PGs)

grant hill? after his injury he was decent but was not a superstar....the bulls were in hell when hill would have been considered..i dont see why he would have come to the bulls

duncan? really?

garnett might have been a possibility,but he would have been acquired in a trade and nothing worked out there

overpaying for mcgrady might not have been the greatest idea considering his health in his later years and his rapid decline....but idk much on that front

Yep. If the Bulls keep this up, I can see Rose growing Frustrated and leaving.

if rose had been healthy the bulls might have challenged the heat in the east, and the picture might have looked completely different then and now?

are you kidding?

so,what, you think rose is going to pull a lebron and leave his hometown(even though rose literally plays in his hometown)?

If they do a sign and trade then theyre creating a hole to fill another. They need another superstar player to pair with Rose. Why cant they go well oveer the cap? They have more than enough money.

depends on the context of the sign and trade...if the thunder were willing to throw in a pick or a guy like collison...then adding harden wouldn't be bad

my apprehensiveness on harden is that he is basically a third option and has less pressure on him because they have two 22+ point scorers in westbrook and durant, i mean that could make plenty of players look pretty good? that said..the bulls could look into harden i guess

they can't go over the cap because outright signing harden would not fall into any of the exceptions to the cap, how many times do i have to explain this?

more often than not these days you have to give up players to get superstars...it's not all throwing money at players and superstars lines up to get outright signed, that's not how it works

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So youd rather they not try? Heres a fun fact for you since the luxery tax was incorporated in 03. No team has won a championship without having to go well over over the Luxury tax

incorrect...the spurs went 196,000 over in 2006/2007

the heat were not over the luxury tax in 2005/2006

there was no luxury tax in 2004/2005 because of the BRI%

the pistons went 800,000 over in 2003/2004

the lakers were well over in their two championships, but that had to do with kobe's contract more than anything

dallas can operate well over the cap because they have mark cuban...they didn't sign any superstars to win their title though

the reason miami got lebron and bosh,again, is because of their connection with wade in the 08 olympics..they took paycuts to go there

i think the idea is that if you really want the bulls to make some moves, think about sign and trades,simply trades, or connections

because with the bulls over the cap, they can't get a superstar

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Quoting people renders my efforts to have them on my ignore list useless.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
As much as this thread has been entertaining, it's completely redundant now. The OP has been grasping at straws for several pages, while contradicting himself with every other post. It's pointless to even formulate any type of response, when reason & logic are not a part of his thought process.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and bynum is leaning towards signing long term with the sixers, so that part of the argument is almost totally moot

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
and bynum is leaning towards signing long term with the sixers, so that part of the argument is almost totally moot

We'll just use the "Superstar Exception" in the new CBA, that allows a team over the cap & in the LT to spend up to $20M on 1 player only. It can't be split between 2. Dems da rulez. :smug2:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We'll just use the "Superstar Exception" in the new CBA, that allows a team over the cap & in the LT to spend up to $20M on 1 player only. It can't be split between 2. Dems da rulez. :smug2:

oh yeah, if forgot about that exception

that's what happens when you dont read the fine print:shifty:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
yes they can go as far into the luxury tax as they want, but that misses the point because they can only do that through the exceptions that are made to being over the cap

do you not realize that the bulls can't sign bynum because they're over the cap? i've said like 4 times that bynum's situation does not constitute any of the exceptions

gee thanks einstein...it's this thing called a joke:obama:

LMAO pot meet kettle..you dont think it's naive to continue screaming about how reinsdorf doesn't reciprocate support and all that grandiose,inane bullshit....and say that throwing money at things will fix things?

i forgot how well the bulls handled money...oh wait

wade pretty much tipped the bulls off, never wanted to go to chicago really

bosh is solid, but was pretty much packaged....i dont think he was planning on going to chicago by himself

lebron considered the bulls i guess, but then again he wanted to go with wade and bosh and miami had the space and wade already in place

i dont think throwing more money would have solved anything

carmelo anthony? there were some trade rumors, but honestly melo wanted to go to NYC. Plus, this has really little to do with the bulls dipping into the luxury tax in principle

stoudemire? really? honestly he's a bit overrated because he needs an up tempo system to really thrive..maybe a potential candidate but at the time the bulls got a relatively similar player in boozer(boozer was the better rebounder, amare was better offensively and more athletic, both coming off good years in their late 20s with good PGs)

grant hill? after his injury he was decent but was not a superstar....the bulls were in hell when hill would have been considered..i dont see why he would have come to the bulls

duncan? really?

garnett might have been a possibility,but he would have been acquired in a trade and nothing worked out there

overpaying for mcgrady might not have been the greatest idea considering his health in his later years and his rapid decline....but idk much on that front

if rose had been healthy the bulls might have challenged the heat in the east, and the picture might have looked completely different then and now?

are you kidding?

so,what, you think rose is going to pull a lebron and leave his hometown(even though rose literally plays in his hometown)?

depends on the context of the sign and trade...if the thunder were willing to throw in a pick or a guy like collison...then adding harden wouldn't be bad

my apprehensiveness on harden is that he is basically a third option and has less pressure on him because they have two 22+ point scorers in westbrook and durant, i mean that could make plenty of players look pretty good? that said..the bulls could look into

they can't go over the cap because outright signing harden would not fall into any of the exceptions to the cap, how many times do i have to explain this?

more often than not these days you have to give up players to get superstars...it's not all throwing money at players and superstars lines up to get outright signed, that's not how it works

Im naive? Tell me what you think about this

This is a list of the Bulls rank as far as payroll since 99.

99 last
00 28th
01 28th
02 27th
03 27th
04 16th
05 15th
06 19th
07 26th
08 21st
09 21st
10 13th
11 27th
12 10th

Which avgs out to 23rd over this period

Here is their win percentage since 99

99 26%
00 21%
01 18%
02 26%
03 37%
04 28%
05 57%
06 50%
07 60%
08 40%
09 50%
10 50%
11 76%
12 76%

Despite this inept atrocious record and bottom of the pack payroll, the Bulls from 99-09 have the highest attendaance in the NBA. Theyre ranked number one in attendance over the last three years. Its already been acknowledged that the Bulls are the most profitable franchise in the NBA.

Derrick Roses jersey is the number 1 selling Jersey in the world.

Chicago is the third biggest media market in the US.

Bulls games draw the highest ratings on average.

Am I really out of my mind to say we as fans deserve better?

Let me guess the typical response is "the Bulls have tried to bring in players but Players dont want to come here"

No shit. The owner has publicly stated he couldnt care less about the success of the Bulls. Why? Because hes making money hand over fist.

You dont think players know this? I wouldn't want to play for an owner with that mentality either

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Im naive? Tell me what you think about this

This is a list of the Bulls rank as far as payroll since 99.

99 last
00 28th
01 28th
02 27th
03 27th
04 16th
05 15th
06 19th
07 26th
08 21st
09 21st
10 13th
11 27th
12 10th

Which avgs out to 23rd over this period

Here is their win percentage since 99

99 26%
00 21%
01 18%
02 26%
03 37%
04 28%
05 57%
06 50%
07 60%
08 40%
09 50%
10 50%
11 76%
12 76%

Despite this inept atrocious record and bottom of the pack payroll, the Bulls from 99-09 have the highest attendaance in the NBA. Theyre ranked number one in attendance over the last three years. Its already been acknowledged that the Bulls are the most profitable franchise in the NBA.

Derrick Roses jersey is the number 1 selling Jersey in the world.

Chicago is the third biggest media market in the US.

Bulls games draw the highest ratings on average.

Am I really out of my mind to say we as fans deserve better?

Let me guess the typical response is "the Bulls have tried to bring in players but Players dont want to come here"

No shit. The owner has publicly stated he couldnt care less about the success of the Bulls. Why? Because hes making money hand over fist.

You dont think players know this? I wouldn't want to play for an owner with that mentality either

:clap:

Thanks for posting these facts.
Facts are a stubborn thing.
I guess some people here just don't want to hear the truth.

Keep up the good work 97Bulls. :beerbang:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't really think those first 6 years count...

Yeah our payroll was at the bottom in 99...we blew up the team! Jordan retired (30+M off the books right there), Pippen was traded, Rodman was let go...that's most of the salary they paid the year before gone. You look at the teams they fielded and it's not surprising their record was atrocious. Krause tried to build his own championship squad and failed miserably. That's not JR's fault...that's Krause all the way. Coaching situation didn't help either. Tim Floyd? :turrible:

If you look, 2004 is where the Bulls' resurgence begins. Look at the spike in payroll. See the dip in 09? They gutted the team to prep for 2010 free agency. Look at the appropriate salary spike. Look at the correlation to our success and our payroll. The team went out and spent (can't deny that they spent money as it is now well documented that Deng, Boozer, and Noah are overpaid) and their quality of play went up accordingly. The only real outcast is the 11 season where they were apparently 27th in the league in payroll. That number...doesn't even seem right if you look at the surrounding years (13 and 10). You can't deny that the Bulls were almost a championship contender the past couple years. Their payroll was almost top 10 in the league (and for the Bulls, this is an accomplishment).

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Originally posted by Code Blue

Just because theyre over the cap now, doesnt mean they will be over the cap by this time next year. They may trade players to get under the cap. And understand this. The Bulls can be one dollar under the cap by the end of 2013 season and theyd be able to sign whoevers willing to play here. How? Because they could sign the player to a dollar the first year then 20 mill per the duration of the contract. Mind you this is just and example. Hell the Lakers just picked up jodie Meeks and theyre wayyyyy over the cap. Hell theyre wayyyyy over the luxury tax