Sports Illustrated predicts Bears record....ouch

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I come here for ALL of my credible Bears news.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So, essentially any news organization that reports less than glowing reports/predictions for the Bears is either trash, or obsolete.
Green Bay is going downhill, the Lions are trash, yet the Bears play in the toughest division in football.

Can someone tell me which news organizations are still good?

Have the lions improved enough to take 2nd place in the NFC north? What is your prediction for the lions?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is so much random shit that can happen during the season that these predictions are barely worth the paper they are written on.

Bottom line is the Bears have an uphill battle based on this division. So do the rest of the teams. I think Vikings are in the best shape to win it again. I think the Packers are a second place team.

Bears are really a wild card (not the playoff kind). They could be up and down week to week and cause problems for some good teams. I think they will beat some good teams.

Detroit is a bit of a question mark as well. Don't know how Patricia will affect them overall. Detroit has an relatively easy schedule early. They will need to win most of these games, as it gets tougher down the road.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have the lions improved enough to take 2nd place in the NFC north? What is your prediction for the lions?

They finished in second last year.......I expect the same this year. 9-7, maybe WC, maybe not, pack at 9-7 to 7-9.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is so much random shit that can happen during the season that these predictions are barely worth the paper they are written on.

Bottom line is the Bears have an uphill battle based on this division. So do the rest of the teams. I think Vikings are in the best shape to win it again. I think the Packers are a second place team.

Bears are really a wild card (not the playoff kind). They could be up and down week to week and cause problems for some good teams. I think they will beat some good teams.

Detroit is a bit of a question mark as well. Don't know how Patricia will affect them overall. Detroit has an relatively easy schedule early. They will need to win most of these games, as it gets tougher down the road.

I never read into preseason SoS statistics. Teams may look good on paper based on last years opponent record but so much changes in every off-season (ie. #bearshope). For example, da Bears were supposed to beat the Bills in their first game of 2014 and were stunned by the loss. Bills went on to a 9-7 (close to playoffs) despite being touted as an easy match.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never read into preseason SoS statistics. Teams may look good on paper based on last years opponent record but so much changes in every off-season (ie. #bearshope). For example, da Bears were supposed to beat the Bills in their first game of 2014 and were stunned by the loss. Bills went on to a 9-7 (close to playoffs) despite being touted as an easy match.

unless we are rolling dice that is all we have to go on, so these are the assumptions we make. It may turn out different, but unless we look at what teams did last year, and the offseason moves, there is relatively no value in even discussing it at that point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that taking into account the 2 losses to the Bears ?
:trollbisky:

Certainly, Bears go on to finish 2-14, Lions eek it out to 9-7, Make the playoffs, and win their first playoff game against the Panthers, before getting crushed by Minny.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They finished in second last year.......I expect the same this year. 9-7, maybe WC, maybe not, pack at 9-7 to 7-9.

So you think they have done enough this off season to finish ahead of the packers if Aaron Rodgers is healthy? When healthy the packers have absolutely dominated the NFC north.

I’m mainly curious with this logic of ‘they finished second last year so they will finish second this year.’ I don’t really see the logic in this considering Aaron Rodgers was injured and the Bears are an improved team and should not be an easy sweep.

I’m curious as to your thoughts on what the lions have improved on this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So you think they have done enough this off season to finish ahead of the packers if Aaron Rodgers is healthy? When healthy the packers have absolutely dominated the NFC north.

I’m mainly curious with this logic of ‘they finished second last year so they will finish second this year.’ I don’t really see the logic in this considering Aaron Rodgers was injured and the Bears are an improved team and should not be an easy sweep.

You realize you are asking a Lions fan to provide a logical answer, right? All they have is blind faith and hope...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4-12? no way. i do think we probably won't put it ALL together this year but we're much more of a 6-10 to 8-8 team IMO. or better. but even if we got into the playoffs, i don't think we're ready. 2019-2020? yes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize you are asking a Lions fan to provide a logical answer, right? All they have is blind faith and hope...

pot kettle for Bears fans.

Detroit beat one team with a winning record last year. Bears beat 2 teams with winning records.

Neither franchise should be particularly excited about what they did last year.

While this isn't a particularly great indicator, the Lions play 9 teams that were 8-8 or better next year and the Bears play 8 teams with 8-8 or better records.

Both teams had better be able to find wins against teams with decent records.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you would word the question your trying to ask properly, then you would get the answer you want. How can you take second place if you already own it? Since 2013, the Lions have split with the packers 3 times, gotten swept once, and swept them once. Dead even over the last 4 years. Not sure what the Bears have to do with this though. Do you think the Lions just stayed static, while the Bears and Packers theoretically improved? As I have freely admitted however, it's just speculation on my part, I just think GB isn't going to be as good as people think this year. I could be wrong. I was wrong last year thinking the Vikes were not going ot be as good as they were after they lost Bradford and Cook.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
to add to my previous post....Lions only played 6 teams that had winning records last year.

Bears played 9 teams with winning records last year.

Lions have nothing to crow about last year.

But right now, unless they can prove otherwise, the Lions are certainly the better team.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
to add to my previous post....Lions only played 6 teams that had winning records last year.

Bears played 9 teams with winning records last year.

Lions have nothing to crow about last year.

But right now, unless they can prove otherwise, the Lions are certainly the better team.

I was never crowing about them, unless you think me stating they are a 9-7 team crowing? Bears fans just get upset when I state my belief they are still a better team then the Bears (this year). Lions did get jobbed on the Atlanta game, barely lost to Carolina and Pittsburgh, but your right, I can't deny it.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I was never crowing about them, unless you think me stating they are a 9-7 team crowing? Bears fans just get upset when I state my belief they are still a better team then the Bears (this year). Lions did get jobbed on the Atlanta game, barely lost to Carolina and Pittsburgh, but your right, I can't deny it.

I’m honest to god curious about where you think the lions will be improved this year. As I am getting excited for the improvements the bears have made it is true that all other teams are improving as well. The bears added some more notable FA players and they seem ‘more improved’ but that’s also considering the bears sucked last year and had more room for growth.

Where have the lions improved this off season?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m honest to god curious about where you think the lions will be improved this year. As I am getting excited for the improvements the bears have made it is true that all other teams are improving as well. The bears added some more notable FA players and they seem ‘more improved’ but that’s also considering the bears sucked last year and had more room for growth.

Where have the lions improved this off season?

Mainly on offense. Their last years starting line played a sum total of 15 snaps together, most significant was Taylor Decker, their starting LT who missed 8 game and was replaced by the gawd awful Greg Robinson. Both 2017 FA additions Lang and Wagner were in and out of the lineup, and Swanson missed significant time with concussion issues. All the injuries had 10 different line combinations in 16 games, the most in the NFL. Swanson was replaced by Ragnow, the Lions first round draft pick and shoe in starter. They then added Blount, and drafted Kerryon Johnson in the second round, and already have one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL in Riddick. This means their 2017 starting RB Abdullah is in danger of even making the team. They have a nice young WR in Kenny Galloday, now in his second year that is having an eye popping OTA's, and should give the Lions the best overall WR group in the North, and top five in the league.

Defense is still suspect, no one knows what to expect, or how Patricia will deploy them, but he does have a history of making players better. Anybody that can get serviceable play out of Shea McClellin or Kyle Van Noy has to be doing something right. Lions do have a solid secondary with anchors Slay and Quinn, defensively keys to success will be the growth of 2nd year player Jarrod Davis, and contract year Ziggy Ansah. They get back Zettle who was out all of 2017, and anything out of second year Cb Tabor will be a bonus.

I expect a top 8, maybe even 5 offense, with a slightly improved defense (coaching). Much of the improvements might be nullified by SOS, so I expect and 8-8 9-7 season, possibly 10-6.

Bears will be greatly improved too, but I expect much more growing pains, with a second year QB on his second offensive system. Bears are getting the pieces, but pass rush is suspect, and this is a division where you need to pressure the QB. They will show flashes of what they can be, but I don't see it coming together until 2019. And all this hinges on MT, who despite all the cute nicknames, is still very raw and unproven. I see anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8 for the Bears, but they will be much more entertaining to watch than the Fox bears, that is for sure.

At any rate, at this point, almost every team in the league can claim improvement, not just the Bears.