My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Had a conversation with my money manager from Vanguarde yesterday

They think the market will roar back on news of a vaccine or even releasing some of the population being released back to work

They say there is tons of money on the sideline and with interest rates so low that there is no place for it to go except back into the market
You must be paying "Vanguarde" a pretty penny for such top notch advising.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
long term is the best way to invest IMO. Now all the pundits that were saying the lows will be re tested, are saying they now don’t think we hit that low again. I still believe we will hit back down around that level again. That said, we have bounced back a hell of a ways from those lows. It’s up over 20%, technically making this a bull market again...even though I don’t buy into that notion.

just make sure to stay diversified and not to let any singular position become too much of a % of your portfolio

I actually would disagree with this. I think mutual funds and etfs are great during bull markets, but right now isn’t the time for passive investing. There will be lots of companies going to 0 due to the pandemic...why on earth would you want exposure in an etf to companies with terrible balance sheets that risk going bankrupt? Now is the time to select individual companies with solid balance sheets to anchor your portfolio. Now, of course you never want one individual company to be overweight in your portfolio, but a nice selection of individual companies to make up your portfolio is a great way to go during these times IMO
I've got etfs in my roth, along with reits and stocks, but I'm just dollar cost averaging that account regardless.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I bought into CCL at 8.43. Looking good right now and I want to buy more, BUT I think when earnings are released it'll get crushed again so kinda waiting for that point before doing anything else right now.

I got in around $12, looking to get a little more if it falls back under $10.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The money I currently have in the market was put in at the current low. Right now, I'm putting money on the side to jump in again if it drops. Want to get more BA and Disney. Disney is going to bea long term hold anyway.
If you want a good buy, look into Welltower (Well). This has been in my portfolio for a few years. I got in on some more when it was down around $40. It's a real estate firm that invests/manages seniors housing/assisted living and care facilities. I figure with the aging population they are in for a great couple of decades. The dividend is also fantastic.

Edit: It's at $56 right now, which is still good value, but I would wait on it. Market's been on a tear the last few days. It's bound to fall back below $50. Waiting on my TRUMP CHECK and was going to unload most of it into Welltower lol.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you want a good buy, look into Welltower (Well). This has been in my portfolio for a few years. I got in on some more when it was down around $40. It's a real estate firm that invests/manages seniors housing/assisted living and care facilities. I figure with the aging population they are in for a great couple of decades. The dividend is also fantastic.

Edit: It's at $56 right now, which is still good value, but I would wait on it. Market's been on a tear the last few days. It's bound to fall back below $50. Waiting on my TRUMP CHECK and was going to unload most of it into Welltower lol.
I have them in my roth as a part of my reits.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
UCO players.....Heads up. This stock has a history of reverse splits. It's happened 3 or 4 times since 2011.

Now I once thought that it was sitting around the 20's so once the market went back to normal, it should shoot up. This is not a stock though. It is a 2x leveraged ETF with a history of robbing big dummies of their money. This is not a long term stock. Buy a few shares. But I strongly urge you to not go nuts.

Please look up "reverse split" and know what you are getting into.

I am no expert, but this is advice you might want to take into account before you think this is going to shoot back to the moon. If it reverse splits, your money is gone.

This is a day/swing trade only after further analysis on my part. I bought $125.00 worth last week and since then, I have been doing my DD on it and IMO, it sucks. It is due for another reverse split and you will be out of your money. This is no time to be without any money even if it's play money.

Just my 2 pennies

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I bought $125.00 worth last week and since then, I have been doing my DD on it and IMO, it sucks. It is due for another reverse split and you will be out of your money. This is no time to be without any money even if it's play money.
BOUGHT $125 WORTH OF STOCK. WTF, YOU ARE BELOW THE MINOR LEAGUES. TELLING US THAT WASN'T WORTH THE KEYSTROKES. $125.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
BOUGHT $125 WORTH OF STOCK. WTF, YOU ARE BELOW THE MINOR LEAGUES. TELLING US THAT WASN'T WORTH THE KEYSTROKES. $125.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
Eat a bowl of dicks.

I bought 125.00 to play around. My Visa position is probably worth mlre than your house

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Eat a bowl of dicks.

I bought 125.00 to play around. My Visa position is probably worth mlre than your house
YEAH RIGHT, MR $125 BIG SHOT

You are a pauper that should refrain from talking finances with real men.

During the early 2000s I was making $220k in one day trading one stock and you are talking about $125? LOLOLOLOLO

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

During the early 2000s I was making $220k in one day trading one stock and you are talking about $125? LOLOLOLOLO

Guy who leaves all his money to be invested by Vanguard, is an effective stock trader who can make 220k in a single day.

Guy who can make 220k stock trading in a single day, stayed in tech sales his entire career instead of making a shitload of money in financial services.

How many more lies you got in you for this thread?

I'll go make popcorn.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Were you day trading between your door to door vacuum sales?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Guy who leaves all his money to be invested by Vanguard, is an effective stock trader who can make 220k in a single day.

Guy who can make 220k stock trading in a single day, stayed in tech sales his entire career instead of making a shitload of money in financial services.

How many more lies you got in you for this thread?

I'll go make popcorn.
Vanguarde.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Sure you were... Early 2000s during the dot com bubble right?

You keep doing your fake stuff and living in your fake lease world.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Were you day trading between your door to door vacuum sales?
He still has his 89 Audi and yes that was he, going door to door selling Kirby vacs.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
UCO players.....Heads up. This stock has a history of reverse splits. It's happened 3 or 4 times since 2011.

Now I once thought that it was sitting around the 20's so once the market went back to normal, it should shoot up. This is not a stock though. It is a 2x leveraged ETF with a history of robbing big dummies of their money. This is not a long term stock. Buy a few shares. But I strongly urge you to not go nuts.

I am no expert, but this is advice you might want to take into account before you think this is going to shoot back to the moon. If it reverse splits, your money is gone.

This is a day/swing trade only after further analysis on my part. I bought $125.00 worth last week and since then, I have been doing my DD on it and IMO, it sucks. It is due for another reverse split and you will be out of your money. This is no time to be without any money even if it's play money.

Just my 2 pennies

russia and opec just agreed to cut back a shit ton. This will raise the price of UCO. While it’s not something I plan on still having a year from now, here in the short term I’m loving it.

also, a reverse split doesn’t mean your money is gone. You have the same value within your holding as you did before the reverse split. You just have it in fewer shares. of course, if you mean it’s generally a desperate move by a company...that’s true. However, like you said...this isn’t a stock, it’s an etf lol.

Last edited:

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Just my 2 pennies

Speaking of....

Do you know someone

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sell tomorrow boys..Sell every share. Day traders have bled this one dry. So with the split,your share price goes way up but you have less shares. And very soon less money.

I wish we could, but Good Friday happens to be tomorrow. Monday it is!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
russia and opec just agreed to cut back a shit ton. This will raise the price of UCO. While it’s not something I plan on still having a year from now, here in the short term I’m loving it.

also, a reverse split doesn’t mean your money is gone. You have the same value within your holding as you did before the reverse split. You just have it in fewer shares. of course, if you mean it’s generally a desperate move by a company...that’s true. However, like you said...this isn’t a stock, it’s an etf lol.

I am not sure if you have ever held any positions through reverse splits but you are in for a rude awakening.

Yes, you get less shares and a way bigger price per share. But the second the split happens the price falls.....and falls.....and falls.... and then it reverse splits again.......and again..... UCO has done this 4 times since 2011!

Like I said, when you posted I looked and dipped my feet in last week. IMO that was a mistake and my sell order is in for my measly 53 shares at the bell tomorrow.

Do what you wish... My decision is made though. This ETF is trash for holding.

This is a day traders stock. And I will short the piss out of it come April 22nd after its' 5th reverse split in 9 freaking years.

Again, I don't claim to be a guru but this one is trash and I thought I'd share my thought so guys like @Les Grossman don't drop thousands into it .

Good luck