I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I wish we could, but Good Friday happens to be tomorrow. Monday it is!

yep! That’s why today I trimmed some more MGM and Wendy’s. Also, trimmed some XLV and JPM

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am not sure if you have ever held any positions through reverse splits but you are in for a rude awakening.

Yes, you get less shares and a way bigger price per share. But the second the split happens the price falls.....and falls.....and falls.... and then it reverse splits again.......and again..... UCO has done this 4 times since 2011!

Like I said, when you posted I looked and dipped my feet in last week. IMO that was a mistake and my sell order is in for my measly 53 shares at the bell tomorrow.

Do what you wish... My decision is made though. This ETF is trash for holding.

This is a day traders stock. And I will short the piss out of it come April 22nd after its' 5th reverse split in 9 freaking years.

Again, I don't claim to be a guru but this one is trash and I thought I'd share my thought so guys like @Les Grossman don't drop thousands into it .

Good luck

I unfortunately have. Like I said, it typically represents desperation from a company and thus, yes the stock price declines after the reverse split is complete. I’m just saying a reverse split in and of its self does not equal losing money.

it’s split 3 times since 2011...

and you’re saying April 22nd its reverse splitting again? I have not seen this news.

I wouldn’t bet against it rising over the next few months...but, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I unfortunately have. Like I said, it typically represents desperation from a company and thus, yes the stock price declines after the reverse split is complete. I’m just saying a reverse split in and of its self does not equal losing money.

it’s split 3 times since 2011...

and you’re saying April 22nd its reverse splitting again? I have not seen this news.

I wouldn’t bet against it rising over the next few months...but, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Good luck

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Speaking of....

Do you know someone
@knoxville7

I have been studying it for a few days. Never like to dive in for any amount like I did with UCO last week. So I studied the charts and this one is a day traded piece of hot garbage. 25 to 1 reverse split!!! LOL. I only hope others see the writing on the wall.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7

I have been studying it for a few days. Never like to dive in for any amount like I did with UCO last week. So I studied the charts and this one is a day traded piece of hot garbage. 25 to 1 reverse split!!! LOL. I only hope others see the writing on the wall.

have you seen where they have actually announced a coming reverse split? It’s certainly a trade, not an investment. I don’t believe in oil in general as an investment.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Guy who leaves all his money to be invested by Vanguard, is an effective stock trader who can make 220k in a single day.

Guy who can make 220k stock trading in a single day, stayed in tech sales his entire career instead of making a shitload of money in financial services.

How many more lies you got in you for this thread?

I'll go make popcorn.
I also lost $180K on a single stock in one day which is why I stopped day trading

I have the managed services group at look after my portfolio. Vanguard is the largest in the world and do a great job

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also lost $180K on a single stock in one day which is why I stopped day trading

I have the managed services group at look after my portfolio. Vanguard is the largest in the world and do a great job

You are a liar with brain damage who can barely put English sentences together.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You are a liar with brain damage who can barely put English sentences together.
Yet, I graduated from Univ of Chicago and you graduated from Northern. LOLOLOLOL

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
have you seen where they have actually announced a coming reverse split? It’s certainly a trade, not an investment. I don’t believe in oil in general as an investment.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yet, I graduated from Univ of Chicago and you graduated from Northern. LOLOLOLOL

I didn't attend Northern (IL?)

U of I Chambana

Go to bed old man.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I didn't attend Northern (IL?)

U of I Chambana

Go to bed old man.
U of I is a decent 2nd tier college, if you can't qualify for a top 10 school

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever said that you shouldn't buy and hold an oil ETF was right but for the wrong reason. It is a decaying asset because of contango in the oil futures market. If you bought an etf in oil, and oil itself was 25 dollars and stayed exactly there and didn't move for a year, the ETF would lose money on the futures roll and thus would go down each month.

As for the reverse splits, they do this when the price goes so low that it no longer has movement. The reverse split is the result of the negative price action, not the cause.

I am not going to spend a great deal of time explaining this, but found this article from 2015 that explains it fairly well.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Whoever said that you shouldn't buy and hold an oil ETF was right but for the wrong reason. It is a decaying asset because of contango in the oil futures market. If you bought an etf in oil, and oil itself was 25 dollars and stayed exactly there and didn't move for a year, the ETF would lose money on the futures roll and thus would go down each month.

As for the reverse splits, they do this when the price goes so low that it no longer has movement. The reverse split is the result of the negative price action, not the cause.

I am not going to spend a great deal of time explaining this, but found this article from 2015 that explains it fairly well.

This is a 2x leveraged ETF... It has been traded into oblivion and on its way to a 4th reverse split in 9 years. IMO, Traders will pump and dump likely one last time.

Thanks for the info.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You realize dick-measuring based on the college you attended is embarrassing in your early 20s, much less doing it in the Winter years of your life.

At least in our 20s it was fun though. Weird to be 200 yo and touting about fake degrees/cars/houses/farms on the internet.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You realize dick-measuring based on the college you attended is embarrassing in your early 20s, much less doing it in the Winter years of your life.
A world class education has served me for a lifetime

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At least in our 20s it was fun though. Weird to be 200 yo and touting about fake degrees/cars/houses/farms on the internet.
and as already proven, we know Omelet didn't go to U of C because he would never venture south of Grand Avenue

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
and as already proven, we know Omelet didn't go to U of C because he would never venture south of Grand Avenue
Wright Jr college called and they want their Associates Degree back

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the only time you can brag about where you got your degree is if you went to an Ivy League school, imo. And even then it's like who gives a fuck. Not really about where you got your degree, but what you do with it.