My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So this like hard money lending?
I personally had heard a co-worker mention it so I looked into it a year or so ago.
For my money I pick individual REITS with TDA.
My faves are CCI and all the storage co. guys(Public, Cube Smart, Extra Space)

By law a REIT has to return 90% of returns back to investors. Humans don't seem to stop multiplying ad accumulating junk,so the storage industry is fantastic IMO.
CCI is the Company that holds many of the cell towers so with 5g coming out, this one is crushing it and at a good buy point right now.

@Ares, what is your timeline with Funrise? Did you do the minimum buy in? What are returns and will you re-invest or look elsewhere?

Yeah, that's what I was saying about it not being very liquid. I also have CCI, DLR, and a few other REITs that I can sell if times got tough (IIPR has been going off since I bought it), but Fundrise is very intriguing to me, and I would certainly be in it for the long haul.

@Ares I see they have different packages based on what you invest when you start, do you know if you can change plans once you reach the required investment amount? Like, can I go from Core to Advanced, or is that only for initial investment? How bad are the fees? I've seen a demonstration on the platform, I do like the layout. Sorry for all the questions, just something I'm interested in and even going through all the FAQ on their website, I like to get input from someone who has first hand knowledge of the platform itself.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I was saying about it not being very liquid. I also have CCI, DLR, and a few other REITs that I can sell if times got tough (IIPR has been going off since I bought it), but Fundrise is very intriguing to me, and I would certainly be in it for the long haul.

@Ares I see they have different packages based on what you invest when you start, do you know if you can change plans once you reach the required investment amount? Like, can I go from Core to Advanced, or is that only for initial investment? How bad are the fees? I've seen a demonstration on the platform, I do like the layout. Sorry for all the questions, just something I'm interested in and even going through all the FAQ on their website, I like to get input from someone who has first hand knowledge of the platform itself.

Good questions.

I just logged in to check and I don't seem to have any mechanism within their site/app to modify my account level (Core) nor my investment plan (Balanced).

I believe you can change the investment plan by contacting them, and the account level I believe is based on how much you've got in, so I imagine it changes once you hit the threshold.

My advisory fees over the last 10 months have been minimal.... I don't think even right now they are representative though.

I want to compare them once the majority of my projects are at least a year old and I see something like "normal" yearly gains from this kind of investment.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The extent of my REIT investments is Store capital(STOR). id certainly recommend it, though. It was $40 a share pre pandemic, got killed down to $15 a share...and now is at $27.

they give a fat dividend and they internally set the terms of most of the leases they give out...which, apparently is somewhat rare in the industry.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The extent of my REIT investments is Store capital(STOR). id certainly recommend it, though. It was $40 a share pre pandemic, got killed down to $15 a share...and now is at $27.

they give a fat dividend and they internally set the terms of most of the leases they give out...which, apparently is somewhat rare in the industry.

I've got WELL, OHI, IIPR, O, CCI, and DLR.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
ive followed IIPR for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger

I figured, why invest in weed stocks when I can buy the property they lease from. Them and Welltower have been carrying my REIT investments through COVID. O also went up nice from when I got in, which was during the shutdown.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread is quiet today.

Markets continuing to take a haircut this week.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Anyone in on DraftKings?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Might as well print 50 Trillion more dollars and pump the DOW up to like 45,000.

What's the worst that could happen?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This thread is quiet today.

Markets continuing to take a haircut this week.

Mostly just building up my reserves again. Still putting in the IRAs, but that's about it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Any of you getting in on the snowflake IPO tomorrow? Or the palantir one in a week?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Any of you getting in on the snowflake IPO tomorrow? Or the palantir one in a week?

I thought about snowflake, but ultimately decided it was a little too rich for me to really make a profit.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought about snowflake, but ultimately decided it was a little too rich for me to really make a profit.

agreed. It went bananas before it was available to us regular johns. I’m really interested in palantir and their government contracts. It ipos this coming Wednesday

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
agreed. It went bananas before it was available to us regular johns. I’m really interested in palantir and their government contracts. It ipos this coming Wednesday

I became interested when I saw Buffet throw down some dough on it, so I looked into it. If I had the cash to get in a decent amount of shares, I would've gone for it. Unfortunately, I don't have that type of income lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DOW JOANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS