TGDT: 10/30 Hawks @ Wild 7:00PM WGN

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I gauge our progress by looking at total points and evening it out so that if our competitors played as many games as we have and won those what would they have. St. Louis would have 22 points and Detroit 21. So the Hawks with their 15 are currently 7 points behind from leading this conference. Shows we have a lot of work to do and thank god October is over for them. I still can't believe the amount of games we've played compared to everyone else.

R K

I gauge our progress by looking at total points and evening it out so that if our competitors played as many games as we have and won those what would they have. St. Louis would have 22 points and Detroit 21. So the Hawks with their 15 are currently 7 points behind from leading this conference. Shows we have a lot of work to do and thank god October is over for them. I still can't believe the amount of games we've played compared to everyone else.

You are "assuming" the other teams win all those games? Really?

I'm sorry but that could be one of the most screwed up ways to gauge our progress I've ever read.. LOL!

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I thought last night was miles ahead of Fridays game. Not a lot of dumb mistakes, not a lot of penalties. Good showing imo. I know it was mentioned last night, but Havlat was invisible for the Wild. I didn't really notice him at all. Perhaps the organ-i-zation saw that coming.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The depth is fine. Lack of practice and continuity is what has been missing.

For people to think "it's only Minny"? Come on....watch the game. Those guys are pro's too. Koivu, Havlat, Brunette, Cullen, Burns, Zidlicky...while the Hawks had about 16mil of talent out of the lineup in Hossa, Campbell and Bolland.

The Hawks did alot of things well that made them a good team last year. Thier puck possesion game was very good. Puck support was one of the best games this year (Ben Smith is very impressive with his hockey sense/puck support). The DZone coverage collappsed as a unit all game - which resulted in lots of blocked shots and taking away passing lanes. The top PP unit looked very good as well.

Didnt miss Bolland or Bickell. Potulny and Smith skated better than those 2 have. Nothing flashy but Potulny's 44% faceoff perct is still better than Bollands 40% (lol). Smith was around the puck alot which is something the Hawks have been lacking, and it seemed to carry over to the other lines/players.

Dowell had a good game, and I thought Kopecky should have gotten an assist on the en goal His backcheck/pick pocket at the blue line caused the turn over for JD.

Very good road win and some good signs.

Shredder

Liked Posts:
Good, hard-fought victory. It's not going to be pretty on most night in the next little while, but the results are what matter. Excellent bounce-back for Turco and Keith is starting to settle down with a little less ice time. The difference between 31 minutes and 27 might not seem like a lot, but it really is. It would be nice if Toews could bear down and bury some of the chances he's getting. He really ought to have five or six goals by now. Kane, Sharp and Seabrook were mostly solid. Kane had a brutal giveaway behind his own net in the third, but he got lucky as the Wild were unable to cash in.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Great analysis, Kerfuffle...LOL. You've got to be kidding me.

How about this.

Hawks are 7-5-1 in the 13gms played - in 24 days. (Thats 15 points for the challenged)

Last year....8-4-1 in the first 13gms played - in 29 days. (17 points)

So they are a whopping 2 points behind last years total. 2 fucking points. 1 win. Oh no. What will they do?

09 -10 - 2.38ga - .901%

10 -11 - 2.80ga - .913%

09-10 - 3.00gf

10-11 - 2.88gf

All that with how many new players?

R K

Great analysis, Kerfuffle...LOL. You've got to be kidding me.

How about this.

Hawks are 7-5-1 in the 13gms played - in 24 days. (Thats 15 points for the challenged)

Last year....8-4-1 in the first 13gms played - in 29 days. (17 points)

So they are a whopping 2 points behind last years total. 2 fucking points. 1 win. Oh no. What will they do?

09 -10 - 2.38ga - .901%

10 -11 - 2.80ga - .913%

09-10 - 3.00gf

10-11 - 2.88gf

All that with how many new players?

Excellent post!

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
You are "assuming" the other teams win all those games? Really?

I'm sorry but that could be one of the most screwed up ways to gauge our progress I've ever read.. LOL!

It's just a gauge to see where we stand. Nothing scientific here - but you also have to realize that those 4 games are now gone forever for the Hawks and the points are tallied. The other teams haven't played them yet so that's points for the taking just sitting on the table for them. I'd rather be in their position than ours right now. I don't think anyone can seriously look at the standings and say yeah we're in 2nd place in the conf right now. Not with all the extra games we've played.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well, I'm sure there's plenty of room on some of their bandwagons, if you want off.

R K

We stand in 2nd place in the Conference. As PMX pointed out 2pts behind where they were last year with the same amount of games played.

Sorry man but that rationale is just assinine. Game's played or not. I'm almost crying laughing about it.
<

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well, the Hawks have 69 games left to play. Assuming they win games not played yet, thats another 138 points. Add that to the 15 already accumulated....and wow! I'll take a 153 point season.

Nothing scientific there either....

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Well, the Hawks have 69 games left to play. Assuming they win games not played yet, thats another 138 points. Add that to the 15 already accumulated....and wow! I'll take a 153 point season.

Let's say Detroit had played 20 games at this point and was 6-10-4. And tied with LA for 1st place in the conference. Would you really look at them at say yeah we are chasing them cause they have 16 points and ahead of us? Nope. You would look at it and say Hawks have 7 more games they haven't played yet. Giving you an extreme example to show you how to read this.

You have to find a way to equate all the teams together in the absence of not everyone playing the same amount of games. Hence we are behind at this point.

R K

Along with that thinking the Blues and Redwings will have more points after winning all their remaining games!

R K

Let's say Detroit had played 20 games at this point and was 6-10-4. And tied with LA for 1st place in the conference. Would you really look at them at say yeah we are chasing them cause they have 16 points and ahead of us? Nope. You would look at it and say Hawks have 7 more games they haven't played yet. Giving you an extreme example to show you how to read this.

You have to find a way to equate all the teams together in the absence of not everyone playing the same amount of games. Hence we are behind at this point.

You just keep digging your hole deeper. hahahahaha!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ok...those games in hand. How many are against each other? Do they both get 2 points in those games....or are they against invisible teams....or other conference? Does anyone get hurt, suspended in those games played? Do they run into a hot goalie in one of those games?

R K

Ok...those games in hand. How many are against each other? Do they both get 2 points in those games....or are they against invisible teams....or other conference? Does anyone get hurt, suspended in those games played? Do they run into a hot goalie in one of those games?

facepalm.jpg

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
So you think STL is only going to have 9 loses all year? (Thats what they are on pace for..lol) Or DET only 18 loses...TB only 16 loses? There's some dominant teams there that I didnt realize.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

Well, if we're equating other teams with the Hawks, then we also have to figure that during its games in hand, Detroit will at some point be without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Franzen (simultaneously) and that they will therefore emerge with a record similar to that of the Hawks.

I'm sorry, but it's a bit early in the season to be looking at games in hand. You have no idea what is going to happen to any of the teams with those games in hand, or whether the Hawks will go on a ten-game winning streak, or what. You simply can't be scientific about it. It's all a crapshoot.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
random thoughts

1) nice to come back and play a team game and get a W after last nights embarrassing catastrophe.

2) Yo Brower. Good to see you again. Perhaps summer's finally over? maybe?

3) This was Bick's 1st game as healthy scratch? Doesn't it seem like at least 6 or 7?

4) Is it just me or is it money that when Skille crosses the blue line with the puck he will cough it up with little difficulty? Ok, maybe 1 one 10 he gets a shot off, but it will miss the target by 2 miles minimum.

5) Havlat, your agent thinks you should play more minutes? I'm thinking the opposite.

6) Hawks would have had more goals, but Barker did not play. Oh well.

-5Minutes

Maybe if Q put him where he'd succeed, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

Ron, keep in mind that if you put a rotten corpse on the line with Kane and Toews, you could pencil in 40 pts from the corpse over the course of a season, and the corpse would be a popular choice on fantasy teams.
<

-5Minutes